Yankees

Noy yo Fdart

Noy what do you think of the game tommorow? I was planning to put money on it but I just read that Matsuzaka has lost his last 2 starts against Tampa and that Manny will be rested.
dice-k has been alternating win-loss-win-loss for like his last eight starts. and edwin jackson is pitching for tampa and is 3-12. I think it's a pretty safe bet; don't hold me to it though.

lackey pitching against the yankees tonight too... despite getting shelled by us last time he started, hopefully after tonight two sweeps will have occurred.

Noy yo Fdart

yes I know, good christ. 30 feckin runs, that's an old pawtucket ballplayer the sox gave them that went 5 for 7.

as for boston, the douchebags can't score runs against feckin edwin jackson. you have to be shitting me, I'm not accepting anything less than a sweep. not to mention that wilson did NOT catch lowell's hit in the ninth, which would have tied the game. feckin prick umpires.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Sox lost, lucky I didn;t put anything onthem and the Yankees are looking good for a win. Seattle lost as well so it was a good day.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
big game tonight. Boston is fecking up the white sox and seattle is looking great so we need to keep the pace.

Noy yo Fdart

you won it. sox on a roll right now though. I've been waiting for this week forever, we needed some shit pitching to charge up our offense. hopefully we're heating up just in time. looking forward to the series on tuesday.

Noy yo Fdart

16-0. ouch. that makes eight back. I knew this week was going to work wonders. now the three-gamer starts tomorrow with three great pitching matchups. with boston playing great baseball (admittedly against shite teams) and the yanks not so good (admittedly against quality teams), this could end the season right now. here's hoping for some good baseball though.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
A 5-3 win for us. Petitte was great and the homers from Jeter and Johnny boy were great. If Clemens get his shit together for the second game we could sweep.

Noy yo Fdart

feck, as usual yankee home run barrage is all they can do. I was being greedy and hoping for a sweep but I'm pretty confident about Beckett tomorrow. we'll see; sweep's not happenin.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Nice win today. Farnsworth nearly feckedit up. Wang to give us the sweep tomorrow.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wang pitching tonight... hmmm... shall the brooms come out? 5 games back is still a tough road. Yanks would need to sweep in Boston too.

Probable jinx, but can't resist.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Uh oh... Two straight games in which Yankees pitching no-hit Boston into the sixth inning. Wang apparently dominant today. Yanks up 2-0 after 7. It's been the Cano & Wang show today.

I guess this means Joba and Mariano in the 8th and 9th respectively.

Noy yo Fdart

it's annoying to have this happen right now since this means all NYYers will have their swagger back for a while more. I'm still not concerned about losing the east. it's more of a pain to have to listen to bullshit some more. let's just say that a sweep right now doesn't mean a hell of a lot (although bosox' complete failure to score runs is reeeallly chaffing my testicles).

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Great pitching from Wang. We now go into an extremely easy run of games in September.

Noy yo Fdart

no ground gained or lost in the the east, but clay buchholz threw a no-hitter in his second career start. I got increasingly drunk as the game went off, it was awesome. so glad we have another special player to look forward to seeing.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
Red Sox rookie Clay Bucholz pitched a no-hitter last night, beating the Orioles 10-0. It was the 17th no no in Red Sox history. The last one was in 2002, pitched by Derek Lowe. It was the second start for Bucholz, who was told by Francona before the game that unless he pitched a no-hitter he was going to be sent back down to the minors. What a night!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Another bad loss at home to Tampa and it seems that every time we get close to the sawks we pull away again. At least Seattle lost and the wild card is still in our hands.

Noy yo Fdart

yeah as predicted wild card looks like it will go to nyy, but boston will keep the east.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Key series with Seatlle starts tonight. Win it and the wild-card is all but ours.

Noy yo Fdart

dice-k was quite crap but we still won in a hits bonanza 13-10.

now seven ahead. beckett against halladay tomorrow night.

Noy yo Fdart

wins for both teams tonight.
east lead at seven, yankees move back to two on seattle.

as for the general scope of things, looks like boston, cleveland and laa have their respective divisions locked up. don't see anybody else but nyy and seattle challenging for wild card unless detroit really runs it, and they don't look it.

the nl is more interesting. the mets are pulling away in the east but I don't trust them completely. the central has a great race; cubs, brewers and cards will fight it to the end. the west is also quite close: padres and diamondbacks look like they will be going back and forth; I suppose the dodgers and maybe even the rockies have a chance. the wild card is really between philly and whoever comes second in the west I think. but it'll all be close.

at this point I'll call boston, nyy, cleveland, laa and padres mets cubs and braves, just becuase I like atlanta and they're not quite fecked yet.

EDIT: replace rockies w/ braves. there's my sleeper pick.

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
I actually agree with Tabata. I think Epstein is as over-rated as Cashman.
I wouldn't really say that Cashman is over-rated. He's only really had 100% power of the organization since the 2005 offseason.

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
I like Cashman but even I could have told Steiny that Pavano, Wright, Johnson, Brown, and Farsnworth were not worth the money.
Pavano: Hasn't work out but he was the best pitcher in the FA class
Wright: 99% sure that was an Steinbrenner move.
Johnson: Steinbrenner move
Brown: Was coming off a great year in LA. He was soild in his frist year in NY
Farsnworth: Hasn't work out