g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Yaya Touré: "I want to destroy the Pep myth" (France Football interview)

Matt007a

Yaya is on MNF tonight for the Man City game. Will he go after Pep the fraud and racist?

Wheato

Yaya is on MNF tonight for the Man City game. Will he go after Pep the fraud and racist?
He was a great player for them. Both him and Tevez brought their squad up to a level that they have never seen before. And they really produced it in the big games. At most clubs they would be considered legends, but they both stabbed City in the back and never had a good word to say about anyone at the club whilst playing for them and since. They are the archetypal mercenaries. Guns for hire at the right price.

IronCroos37

pep likes technical midgets more to play his short passing game. He would rather have herrera then Pogba.

Cloud7

pep likes technical midgets more to play his short passing game. He would rather have herrera then Pogba.
Busquets and Pogba are almost the same height, and Busquets was a key cog in Pep’s biggest achievement :rolleyes: Why Pogba may not function in a Pep team is that he isn’t really a “press for ninety minutes” kind of player like Pep likes.

crossy1686

career ending
Busquets and Pogba are almost the same height, and Busquets was a key cog in Pep’s biggest achievement :rolleyes: Why Pogba may not function in a Pep team is that he isn’t really a “press for ninety minutes” kind of player like Pep likes.
Maybe Toure is right and that's the reason he turned down Pogba :nervous::nervous:

padr81

Supports
Man City
I believe Pogba is well capable of playing Pep's system, very much like KdB. He's not a press for 90 minutes kind of guy because he was never in a system that asked it of him. He's got all the attributes to stand out in a pressing team imho. He's athletically a monster, fast, stong, agile. Perfect. He's also technically brilliant to play in the keep ball style. I think his attitude with Jose is not his attitude in general and its painted a bad picture of him. If Deschamps asked him to press for 90 minutes, he would.

Cloud7

I believe Pogba is well capable of playing Pep's system, very much like KdB. He's not a press for 90 minutes kind of guy because he was never in a system that asked it of him. He's got all the attributes to stand out in a pressing team imho. He's athletically a monster, fast, stong, agile. Perfect. He's also technically brilliant to play in the keep ball style. I think his attitude with Jose is not his attitude in general and its painted a bad picture of him. If Deschamps asked him to press for 90 minutes, he would.
Believe me mate, I have always been one of Pog’s staunchest defenders on here, so you don’t have to tell me about how much of a plague Mourinho was to Pogba’s time here, and the perception that people have of him.

You may very well be right, as I would never have imagined David Silva as a “press for 90 minutes CM”, similarly with KDB, but Pep does magical things with a midfield, and there’s no doubt that Pogba has the technical ability to function in a Pep team. Let’s hope the only time we find out how compatible they are is if Pep is managing United in 4 years time :p

padr81

Supports
Man City
Believe me mate, I have always been one of Pog’s staunchest defenders on here, so you don’t have to tell me about how much of a plague Mourinho was to Pogba’s time here, and the perception that people have of him.

You may very well be right, as I would never have imagined David Silva as a “press for 90 minutes CM”, similarly with KDB, but Pep does magical things with a midfield, and there’s no doubt that Pogba has the technical ability to function in a Pep team. Let’s hope the only time we find out how compatible they are is if Pep is managing United in 4 years time :p
You mean when we sign Pogba to partner Foden, the two Silva, KDB, Sane and Sterling in our 7 man midfield.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's hard to say how well Pogba would play under Pep because Pogba with PEDs would be a completely different Pogba to what we see now.

Yaya was obviously quite complementary towards City last night from what I saw. Bit of a strange bump?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'm more interested to see what people's reactions are going to be.

How many are goinf to resort to belittling his claims for an entire multitude of reasons (sore loser, etc.) instead of actually taking his claims seriously?

It's friggin 2018, there is NO PLACE for racism.
Well, yes. Let's see what actually happened first, eh?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Trying to somehow justify racism, in 2019, no matter the situation/reasonr is absolutely crazy.
Trying to accuse someone of justifying racism, in 2019, with no evidence/proof is absolutely crazy.

Saffron

Not sure about Yaya, but I always thought the intense eagerness to get rid of Eto'o was strange. Eto'o was an absolute beast of a striker still in his prime at 28. Scored 108 in 144 for Barca and immediately won the triple with Inter afterwards (knocking out Barca in the UCL).

There was no Ronaldinho like decline with him. He was still one of the world's best strikers. I guess Pep thought he was too selfish, but then why replace him with Zlatan?

Remember, this was far from a straight swap deal for Zlatan. In addition to Eto'o, Barca paid 70 million euro for Zlatan. In fecking 2009. Eto'o was essentially treated like a minor sweetener in that deal.

Last edited:

Bangalla

Not sure about Yaya, but I always thought the intense eagerness to get rid of a Eto'o was strange. Eto'o was an absolute beast of a striker still in his prime at 28. Scored 108 in 144 for Barca and immediately won the triple with Inter afterwards (knocking out Barca in the UCL).

There was no Ronaldinho like decline with him. He was still one of the world's best strikers. I guess Pep thought he was too selfish, but then why replace him with Zlatan?

Remember, this was far from a straight swap deal for Zlatan. In addition to Eto'o, Barca paid 70 million euro for Zlatan. In fecking 2009. Eto'o was essentially treated like a minor sweetener in that deal.
Yes, I remember how weird I thought that was too. Zlatan is / was probably more of a star but at that moment Eto'o was the greater player achievement-wise. He still has delivered more often on a higher level both for club and country than Zlatan I reckon. Didn't Inter Milan buy Milito for the Zlatan-money as well? It's almost like FC Barcelona bankrolled Inter's treble.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaCo

Supports
AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona
Trying to accuse someone of justifying racism, in 2019, with no evidence/proof is absolutely crazy.
I think it is what is common nowadays, in todays world, everybody is shifting blame. nobody takes responsibility. Even in the original statement of this thread he first says Pep is racism, but then also says he is too clever to get caught. So he already has an excuse ready why he is not penalised for it. I hear someone making up excuses for not making it under pep and then excuses why his excuses are not holding up.

I see a pattern...it is saying more about Yaya then Pep.

Reactions: Sultan

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not sure about Yaya, but I always thought the intense eagerness to get rid of Eto'o was strange. Eto'o was an absolute beast of a striker still in his prime at 28. Scored 108 in 144 for Barca and immediately won the triple with Inter afterwards (knocking out Barca in the UCL).

You only have to watch Eto'o interview on Pep and how "Eto'o was king of the drssing room" to see why Pep was so eager to feck him off. He openly admits telling Pep "you were a good player and a midfielder, I'm a great player and a striker. You don't tell me how to move." The guy has an ego the size of a small island. Same reason Pep quickly fell out with Zlatan.

Schneckerl

You only have to watch Eto'o interview on Pep and how "Eto'o was king of the drssing room" to see why Pep was so eager to feck him off. He openly admits telling Pep "you were a good player and a midfielder, I'm a great player and a striker. You don't tell me how to move."
I wonder why he had no problems with Mou telling him what to do considering he used to be a terrible player.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wonder why he had no problems with Mou telling him what to do considering he used to be a terrible player.
The same reason Zlatan loved Mou and hated Pep maybe... unless Pep has racial issues with Eastern European looking scandanavians too.

Don't remember anyone saying he was a terrible player either, I said he has a big ego like Zlatan and suffered the same fate as a result. Jose embraces players like that, gets them onside but I'd really doubt Jose has ever told Etoo "you have to move this way", "you have to play that way". Eto'o actually says he called Pep out on this in the interview, basically the interview where he blasts Pep he pretty much say the manager had no right to tell him how to play along with saying it was he who motivated the team to beat Arsenal and belittling Rijkaard. Pep doesn't deal with ego's like that (his own one is big enough).

Its not skin colour that Etoo, Yaya, Zlatan, Deco and Ronaldinho shared, its ego.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He's a great league manager but won those two UCLs by being on board the Xaviesta/Messi train.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
As an African, it would be nice if these Shamans could apply their power to improving the lot of African countries and citizens (and fighting the imperialist machinations of outsiders) rather than cursing European football managers....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Redlyn

As an African, it would be nice if these Shamans could apply their power to improving the lot of African countries and citizens (and fighting the imperialist machinations of outsiders) rather than cursing European football managers....:rolleyes:
Man you are asking for too much. Let's take the cursing of city and why not Liverpool and run with it. Can't save the world but can still save this CL :D

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Every person who properly believes in religion will tell you they believe in black magic. I reckon he's definitely cursed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As an African, chill the feck out, it ain't that serious

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'm very chill, not sure where you got the impression that I'm not.
Might be the part where you tried to advocate the use of magic powers to counter the global political and social exploitation of Africa.