Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
For all the frustration still ultimately vital when it comes to goals. Irrespective of how good our play would (supposedly) be without him, I feel like we'd be a bit fecked if he wasn't in our team. There's no one else right now who'd come close to matching his tally.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
And obviously he is the one saving 1 point for you. Great last 30 minutes. Incredible hold-up play. Was the only one creating chances. Except Rashfords cross, very very poor delivery from his team-mates.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Saved himself with a penalty goal. For all the talk about missing him in the last game, he did nothing today, apart from the penalty obviously.

All in all, did more this season than I expected from him, but we should definitely buy an upgrade next year, we cannot go another season with just him up top.

Every cross the last 30 minutes until Rashfords has either been to far or to short.
Stop trolling.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Our best attacker in the squad, and he wasn't even great today.

Dobbs

Saved himself with a penalty goal. For all the talk about missing him in the last game, he did nothing today, apart from the penalty obviously.

All in all, did more this season than I expected from him, but we should definitely buy an upgrade next year, we cannot go another season with just him up top.

Stop trolling.
He did nothing for 70mins I'd say then there was some decent stuff.

NinjaFletch

I cannot wait to get rid of him. He's lucky we have no one else up top or else more people realise how much of a hindrance he is.

Completely ruins our attack. What top PL side has a slow striker up top?

edit: no I don't feel stupid. It was a penalty after an awful performance
I often accuse some posters of having a goldfish memory on this site, but I'm not sure I've seen a better example of it than this.

Classical Mechanic

Missed two massive chances should have had two goals in fairness. Terrible first half but decent in the second. Still hope he goes to the US at the end of this season.

Bwuk

It's such a shame we surround him with dross.

He's went from having the likes of Cavani and Di Maria up next to him to Lingard and Fellaini and we still expect him to carry us.

ROFLUTION

Im so tired of him missing the 100% chances.. those alone would have put us 9 points further up the table.. so angry right now - great at team-play and playing with football-brain though.

mu4c_20le

Holding up the ball isn't nothing though is it? He has been invisible in some games this season but today was not one of them.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, you are probably right, he did some decent stuff towards the end actually. But I can't believe how invisible he was for majority of second half, I seriously didn't see him touching the ball before his disallowed goal.

dirkey

:lol: yeah sure. he missed a clear cut header coming in from the right wing from Rashford. Then his team had to win him a penalty. And now he is our one man army savior. What a joke! Was pretty average today until the equalizer
Careful now. You'll be told you know nothing about football by a keyboard warrior any minute now.

evil_geko

:lol: yeah sure. he missed a clear cut header coming in from the right wing from Rashford. Then his team had to win him a penalty. And now he is our one man army savior. What a joke! Was pretty average today until the equalizer
Some ppl are too deep up to Zlatans arse to admit that he was average today.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Stop trolling.
Scored a perfectly fine goal which the refs robbed us off as well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I cannot wait to get rid of him. He's lucky we have no one else up top or else more people realise how much of a hindrance he is.

Completely ruins our attack. What top PL side has a slow striker up top?

edit: no I don't feel stupid. It was a penalty after an awful performance
Well, that's just a stupid post.

Smores

He's went from having the likes of Cavani and Di Maria up next to him to Lingard and Fellaini and we still expect him to carry us.
First half especially where he just wasn't in the game you could see his frustration. Had to come deep because there was no one with him.

Thought he did decent enough given what he had to work with

dirkey

From MEN about his performance today:

Spurned a one-on-one with the game goalless, when he inexplicably looked up to play in a teammate. Dropped too deep too often. Yet still scored. 5

But hey, those of us who say he had a bad game, we know nothing.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Yeah. People expect him to carry a midfield of Herrera/Fellaini/Carrick who do nothing in attack coupled with a youngster who hasn't scored in 6 months and Lingard (who has been ok but come on). Or something.

Kag

He was terrible for the majority of the game, yet he scored what was essentially two goals. It's a difficult one, because his bottom level can go so low throughout a match that I go through periods of just wanting him out of the side, then he pops up with goals to kinda combat this feeling. Basically, I'm conflicted.

JeffBoomTetris

Careful now. You'll be told you know nothing about football by a keyboard warrior any minute now.
Some ppl are too deep up to Zlatans arse to admit that he was average today.
He also botched another 'big' chance in the first half.
It is good to see folk who say it as it is. No sugar-coating just being brutally honest. His hold up play was ithand. But it wasn't a good outing on the whole

wr8_utd

:'(
He had the sort of misses that have cost us points in these type of games all season.

dirkey

He was terrible for the majority of the game, yet he scored what was essentially two goals. It's a difficult one, because his bottom level can go so low throughout a match that I go through periods of just wanting him out of the side, then he pops up with goals to kinda combat this feeling. Basically, I'm conflicted.
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. He can be so frustrating - what I particularly hate about him at times is, he'll be messing things up, then the minute another player doesn't pass him the ball, or makes some kind of mistake, he throws his hands in the air. Particularly with young players like Martial or Rashford, that's not good.

But .. he'll then knock home a goal out of nowhere. The offside goal today that should have stood for example. And he misses so many chances ... that it can only be as a result of how good he is at getting himself into positions at times etc.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Its not difficult at all.
Our only problem is that we don't score goals and Ibra is the only player who does what nobody else in our team does.
Ergo, he is probably our most valuable player (irreplaceable).

mu4c_20le

From MEN about his performance today:

Spurned a one-on-one with the game goalless, when he inexplicably looked up to play in a teammate. Dropped too deep too often. Yet still scored. 5

But hey, those of us who say he had a bad game, we know nothing.
To be fair, most people said he was average, you're the only one who called him dismal.

dirkey

To be fair, most people said he was average, you're the only one who called him dismal.
True, maybe dismal was a harsh choice of words. During the frustration of the game. I think he was well below average though, definitely poor. Not that I can think of too many out there who weren't. Shaw when he came on was pretty good I thought. And Bailly was pretty decent.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we had attackers near his level, we'd compete for the title.

Unfortunately we don't.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Scored a perfectly fine goal which the refs robbed us off as well.
He did, altough that actually looked like a foul to me tbf, surprised commentators didn't mention it. It wasn't offside definitely though.

Born2Lose

And all the Zlatan fans had convinced me everything was going to be ok with him back in the team and that god awful donkey Rashford out.

If we had attackers near his level, we'd compete for the title.

Unfortunately we don't.
If we had a striker who wasn't top of the "clear cut chances missed" list this season we might be in the top 4.

tom33

I don't care if his name is Zlatan, he was pretty awful today. His quality still stands out in odd moments, but his overall performance was poor.

Eddy_JukeZ

And all the Zlatan fans had convinced me everything was going to be ok with him back in the team and that god awful donkey Rashford out.

If we had a striker who wasn't top of the "clear cut chances missed" list this season we might be in the top 4.
Take him out of the team.

We'd be lucky to finish in the top half of the table.

Who scored the only goal today and looked the ONLY threat to score? Ibra.

Instead of lambasting the others in the squad, our only valuable attacker gets blasted. He's not a miracle worker.

RooneyLegend

He was mediocre, its that simple. In the first half his movement was non existent. Typically missed a few clear chances. A few bits of quality but not nearly enough for a club of our stature. btw why does he not seem to make any runs unless Pogba has the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.