Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

I enjoyed Quinn calling Zlatan a 'revelation.'

In not sure Niall knows what that word means.

Donut

I just find him extremely frustrating to watch. It's as clear as day he's causing our attack to lose momentum in so many moves but yes he gets the goals and don't we know it!
I agree with you. He is very frustrating, but we are also undeniably better with him in the team. His hold-up play, strength & presence are definitely missing when he's not playing.

3KDré

He is a World Class player, can't believe the frustrations at him. He probably does slow us down but he also creates a lot more chances and scores a lot more goals than his alternatives would if he wasn't here.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
28 goals 9 assists. Fecking incredible.

derace

yeah he tried to set up rashford a few times as he really needed a goal. great guy. without him we look shit most of the times he is so vital

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Some folks will never be satisfied, he created a lot today and Pickford denied his 29th of the season last minute. Were you guys frustrated too when Pogba skied a volley set up by Ibra? Or Rashford freezing after being set up by him?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"The older I get, the more intelligent I get. I'm not the same as I was 5, 10, 15 years ago. So I don't waste energy on things I don't need. I feel like Benjamin Button. I was born old, I will die young."

Exactly! Doesn't need to be Chicha/Tevez type and chase every fecking ball. Just do the magic with the ball! :cool:

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's everything i wanted and more. Wish we had him earlier. Can't believe people still criticize him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He was so generous to give rashford a goal. I think he knew it for his confidence. he tried to do it for Rashford a couple of times earlier. Great stats, i think it will be necessary to keep him, he might win us the EL too.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"The older I get, the more intelligent I get. I'm not the same as I was 5, 10, 15 years ago. So O don't waste energy on things I don't need. I'm more intelligent, more mature. I feel like Benjamin Button. I was born old, I will die young."
He's got it all wrong here. He doesn't feel like Benjamin Button, Benjamin Button feels like Zlatan!

izec

If he ended every move with a goal, assist or goal scoring opportunity as some wish, he would be the best player of all time. He makes some wrong decisions and messes up quite a few attacks, but his output is still incredible

Zoo

Opening goal and assist. Yeah he's holding us back say some people.

RedMaestro

Loved how he wanted Rashford to score, passed it to Rashford even in that 2v1 play and obviously the assist. Most strikers would've gone for the goal themselves. Want him to stay as feel it would benefit Rashford's development if not anything else as he basically was looking out for him
Yeah, liked that too. It looked like he was 'signalling' Rashford (with his hand) to 'stay and don't run off' and wait for the pass. But both of them did well - Rashford for not continuing and realising that it would be better to pass Ibrahimovic, rather then taking a shot from a difficult angle. And Ibrahimovic for making a nice assist which now will hopefully increase Rashford confidence since he hadn't scored in the PL for a long time.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He was so generous to give rashford a goal. I think he knew it for his confidence. he tried to do it for Rashford a couple of times earlier. Great stats, i think it will be necessary to keep him, he might win us the EL too.

3KDré

I want him here next season for sure. So long as he accepts not being started every game for his own good.

Although, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but he seems to play better when he doesn't have breaks? If he gets rested one game the next game he plays worse than he would if he had played the game he got rested.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He's our most valuable and most important player.
This tweet explains it better:
He is, seems to pop up with goals and assists every game. Great signing.

Saying that, he doesn't half ruin a lot of attacks, and final balls. His numbers could be so much better, which looking at them is hard to believe tbh.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm scared to even think where we'd be without his goals.
Scared? I don't even want to think about not having him in our team.
We'd be bottom half of the table definitely and quite possibly towards the relegation zone.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I want him here next season for sure. So long as he accepts not being started every game for his own good.

Although, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but he seems to play better when he doesn't have breaks? If he gets rested one game the next game he plays worse than he would if he had played the game he got rested.
It's also up to whoever we have as strikers next season to drop him by performing well enough.

RedMaestro

He is a World Class player, can't believe the frustrations at him. He probably does slow us down but he also creates a lot more chances and scores a lot more goals than his alternatives would if he wasn't here.
Pace is overrated. Especially if there's nothing to back it up with. Intelligence is more important for a footballer. The way I see it is that people want a defensive forward playing the #9 role. They want him to run up and down, no matter where the ball is.

One thing I don't understand is that if people aren't pleased with Ibrahimovic's season this far. What on earth should they be thinking about the other offensive players?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I never thought he'd be getting over 30 goals as season for us when he signed. RvN in his first season got over 30, but to put that into context we were a much better attacking outfit and there were a lot more canon fodder in the PL then.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We'd be bottom half of the table definitely and quite possibly towards the relegation zone.
Someone would have stepped up, they always do and even if you don't believe that chances are we'd of signed someone else had we not got Zlatan

Zoo

Not with Jose as manager, he'd find a solution. But yes Ibrahimovic has been great.

RedMaestro

Put simply, quite easily our best player this season.
Together with Valencia, he deserves praise as well. :)

But both of them have been fenomenal this season. I'm wondering if the ones that want to replace Ibrahimovic feel the same way about Valencia, since he's not getting any younger. It's not like he doesn't have flaws... :)

Last edited:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Thought he started the game really poorly but scored a great goal out of nowhere then bossed the second half with some genius flicks and touches.

NoLookPasser

It is really strange that he is super clinical away from home yet struggles to score at OT.

I think he would benefit in home matches if play him in a 2 striker system alongside Rashford/Martial. He gets crowded out in home match and he seems to miss chances when he has less time to take those shots.

Last edited:

Witchking

Last season we had Martial, Rooney and Rashford playing and Martial was great. We lacked attacking skills which has been corrected this season. Other than Zlatan, no other player has got the chance to lead the line regularly. If Martial gets a decent shot at leading the line, I am sure he would come good. Zlatan has been very good. But look at how less United have scored this season. He does seem to screw up quite a number of chances but score important goals for us.

Devil may care

Quality goal, got an assist and made a couple of other good chances, best game from Ibra since the EFL cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.