6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybomb

He should have got a hat trick but at least he scored again. Thats a good thing.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
On the plus side he's getting chances.

He had about 3 or 4 good chances and about 4 or 5 half chances - on the half chances I'm thinking about the ones where it fell to him on the volley and he kept skying them (you'd typically expect him to do better).

He should buried the header and the open goal though. Those were disappointing at 2-1 down.

snk123

Performs poorly in big games imo - so far one big game and he should have scored 3 in all honesty.

RedRevongge

It was a good finish for the goal. He missed a few easier chances but it is definitely what we have been missing for a couple of years, a striker who gets into positions where at least he is getting chances. So far I think he has probably proved most of his doubters wrong this season. On another day he would have had a hat trick

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If he continues playing like this, yet scores at a similar rate, then I'd be over the moon.

15 more goals (in 34 games), and he'd have had a very decent season.

manunajted

Performs poorly in big games imo - so far one big game and he should have scored 3 in all honesty.
Well the guy keeps scoring against big teams, but yeah, I guess he is shit anyways.

This is the story with Zlatan everywhere, he carries the team, and when his teams doesn't win but he still scores, the blame is still on him.

Must have forgotten players like Pogba, Rooney, Miki ect was actually playing as well.

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
There's really not much to complain about with Zlatan.

He should get his 20+ goals in the league. Rest of the team needs to step up, I still think he's adjusting to the lack of space in the league that he had in the French League but he's still delivering the goods meanwhile.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He was good yesterday. Great goal. He's doing what he's been brought in for, can't fault his performance at all. Should have scored another, but that happens.

wr8_utd

:'(
He was hardly good yesterday. It was a Rooney esque performance where he got a goal or assist but was poor otherwise. Being poor all around is fine if you deliver the goods but he really was far too selfish yesterday. I think the bad blood with Pep got to him and he made it a one man show. No one has had more shots in a PL game all of 2016

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I've been a touch disappointed with his interplay and holdup play. For someone with his technique and physique, he really should be able to hold the ball up better.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ibrahimovic in talks to extend United contract

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has broken a series of fitness records at Old Trafford and now Manchester United plan on offering the Swede a new two-year deal with the option of a third.

Ibrahimovic signed a one-year deal, with an option of a further 12 months, when he joined on a Bosman free transfer from French champions Paris Saint-Germain in July.

But both the Sunday Mirror and The Sun on Sunday claim United are already in talks about extending the 12-month deal by a further year – and offer an additional season on top of that with a package that would take the player, who turns 35 next month, close to his 38th birthday.

After scoring five goals in his first five appearances for the club – including their strike inn Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Manchester City – a club insider has reportedly described the former Juventus, Barcelona and AC Milan star as “the kind of talisman not seen at the club since Eric Cantona”.

But while Ibrahimovic already exerts a huge influence in the Old Trafford dressing room, it is his brilliant physical condition that has left the club’s coaching staff astonished.

Ibra’s first promise when he arrived at the club was that he would break every training record – and he has been as good as his word.

In some instances, the Swede was posting times and distances between 15 per cent and 20 per cent better than team-mates who are 10 years younger than him.

One measured leap from a standing start left witnesses stunned.

Another exercise to measure the power of his hamstrings had the same effect.

Ibrahimovic, who has enjoyed a long career free of serious injuries, was seen as a short-term cure for new boss Jose Mourinho when he teamed up again with his former Inter coach on a £250,000-a-week deal.

But the belief now is that he is in such great physical shape he can go on for a further two years after this season.

And the Mirror claims United are now planning to sit down with Ibrahimovic early in the New Year to discuss his future with the aim of extending his stay.

http://www.football365.com/news/report-ibrahimovic-in-talks-to-extend-united-contract

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ibrahimovic in talks to extend United contract

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has broken a series of fitness records at Old Trafford and now Manchester United plan on offering the Swede a new two-year deal with the option of a third.

Ibrahimovic signed a one-year deal, with an option of a further 12 months, when he joined on a Bosman free transfer from French champions Paris Saint-Germain in July.

But both the Sunday Mirror and The Sun on Sunday claim United are already in talks about extending the 12-month deal by a further year – and offer an additional season on top of that with a package that would take the player, who turns 35 next month, close to his 38th birthday.

After scoring five goals in his first five appearances for the club – including their strike inn Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Manchester City – a club insider has reportedly described the former Juventus, Barcelona and AC Milan star as “the kind of talisman not seen at the club since Eric Cantona”.

But while Ibrahimovic already exerts a huge influence in the Old Trafford dressing room, it is his brilliant physical condition that has left the club’s coaching staff astonished.

Ibra’s first promise when he arrived at the club was that he would break every training record – and he has been as good as his word.

In some instances, the Swede was posting times and distances between 15 per cent and 20 per cent better than team-mates who are 10 years younger than him.

One measured leap from a standing start left witnesses stunned.

Another exercise to measure the power of his hamstrings had the same effect.

Ibrahimovic, who has enjoyed a long career free of serious injuries, was seen as a short-term cure for new boss Jose Mourinho when he teamed up again with his former Inter coach on a £250,000-a-week deal.

But the belief now is that he is in such great physical shape he can go on for a further two years after this season.

And the Mirror claims United are now planning to sit down with Ibrahimovic early in the New Year to discuss his future with the aim of extending his stay.

http://www.football365.com/news/report-ibrahimovic-in-talks-to-extend-united-contract
Zlatan is great but no way we should offer him anything beyond a years extension.

clarkydaz

reminds me of when LVG was considering an extension in his first year. Cant argue with powerful hamstrings though :drool:

Varun

Staff
If he keeps his conditioning and performance levels up, we'll always have the chance to extend it later. It's not as if someone is going to line up and take him away. Shouldn't rush into it and I don't think we will.

snk123

Well the guy keeps scoring against big teams, but yeah, I guess he is shit anyways.

This is the story with Zlatan everywhere, he carries the team, and when his teams doesn't win but he still scores, the blame is still on him.

Must have forgotten players like Pogba, Rooney, Miki ect was actually playing as well.

Where did I say that he was the only one to blame?

The criticism that has always been levied on Zlatan is that he doesn't perform in big games. And he did exactly that yesterday.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
5 in 5 and has had chances to score more. When last was that the case at this club.
Thought he'd struggle to score for us. Buried those fears.

Litch

Goal was absolutely quality, this man only scores the hard ones, just need someone to compliment him. I think its not Rooney, both too similar in a strange kind of way...

An Irish Red

The technique for his goal was extremely good. Should have equalised before half time but these things happen. I think the half chances in the second half are being blown out of proportion though.

So far so good for Zlatan really.

criticalanalysis

I've been a touch disappointed with his interplay and holdup play. For someone with his technique and physique, he really should be able to hold the ball up better.
Yeah I agree but at the same time, it's not like we're making it easy for him. With Rooney behind him, there's basically no decent passes to feet or through balls. Against City he often received the balls in really tight situations and in non 'progressive' plays/areas.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Did well when he came on but it's hard to judge him when Feyernoord sat back the whole time.

Watford 3:1 Man Utd

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Needs to get out of the habit of missing chances and being wasteful. That said, a big part of his game is dropping depeer and creating. He's yet been given that freedom.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Offered next to nothing this second half.

Edit - must have been saving his energy!

kundalini

Apart from the header saved after Fellaini's lofted pass, Zlatan was dreadful today. Even when Watford players gifted him the chance to go through on goal, he lacked the pace to make anything of the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.