6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

addo

He is Zlatan. He should score a brace or a hattrick every game, if not he can move on!

Needham

Looks like a pirate with a gym membership, but apart from that I'm really pleased with him.

m1y2

I think it wasn't a bad idea to choose to go for the near post a couple minutes in. Majority of goalkeepers would expect a finish to the far post and IMO it was brilliant goalkeeping staying on his feet, letting zlatan to think a bout it. If anything he should have smashed it but was little bit too much behind the ball.. He will score goals and contribute, it's just one of those days with unlucky/poor finishing and goalkeeper having his game of the season...

He should start every game anyway but come december we might want to give games to rashford up top as well. Zlatan needs to be fresh... hopefully Jose will try much more dynamic MikyT to make up for lack of Zlatan legs..

RedDevil-85

Must be way more clinical,he is wasting too many great chances at the moment.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think it wasn't a bad idea to choose to go for the near post a couple minutes in. Majority of goalkeepers would expect a finish to the far post and IMO it was brilliant goalkeeping staying on his feet, letting zlatan to think a bout it. If anything he should have smashed it but was little bit too much behind the ball.. He will score goals and contribute, it's just one of those days with unlucky/poor finishing and goalkeeper having his game of the season...

He should start every game anyway but come december we might want to give games to rashford up top as well. Zlatan needs to be fresh... hopefully Jose will try much more dynamic MikyT to make up for lack of Zlatan legs..
Because his first touch wasn't optimal.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No doubt his finishing hasn't been up to his standards.

I'm encouraged that he consistently gets chances though. He seems to get at least 4 or 5 decent openings a game.

Hopefully clicks into place soon (at Anfield would be nice). It's still early in the season.
Indeed. Played really well but let down by the grass cutter shots. Had he lifted the ball a bit he might have scored.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He's the sort of guy who will now go and score a hat trick in the next game at Anfield.

The United

He's the sort of guy who will now go and score a hat trick in the next game at Anfield.
Lol by going with his reputation of being a choker in big games (rightly or not), doubt that will happen. It would be nice with not missing a sitter there first.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Did he really score 50+ goals in France? I see none of that evidence in the last three games especially. Ruud would have had a hat-trick each if he got that amount of chances in one game
Yes Ruud was clinical, I never saw him miss a chance ever. The fact that Zlatan has missed two sitters in one week proves that last season was a fluke, at least if we ignore his goals/game average and that he scored the GWG in the EL game a few days ago.

DarkXaero

Lol by going with his reputation of being a choker in big games (rightly or not), doubt that will happen. It would be nice with not missing a sitter there first.
Umm, he is not a choker in big games, the reputation comes from his performances in the Champions League. He has scored plenty of goals in big league matches throughout his career.

Classical Mechanic

Yes Ruud was clinical, I never saw him miss a chance ever. The fact that Zlatan has missed two sitters in one week proves that last season was a fluke, at least if we ignore his goals/game average and that he scored the GWG in the EL game a few days ago.
He has the highest shot per goal ratio in the PL this season at 5.4 shots per goal although Aguero is second highest at 5.2. It does feel like he wastes an awful lot of chances when I watch him though.

RedFish

He makes chances out of nothing which add to the shots per goal ratio. I wish we'd stop worrying about the best player(s) in our team ffs!

Jaybomb

Some serious kneejerk reactions in this thread.

Zlatan is one of the greatest players of his generation. He's already scored a lot of goals for us and I have no doubt he'll get 20+ this season. He won't score every shot but the fact that he's creating so many chances and having so many shots is an improvement on last season in itself.

If we're ever gonna do anything this season, it will be because of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

RedFish

Some serious kneejerk reactions in this thread.

Zlatan is one of the greatest players of his generation. He's already scored a lot of goals for us and I have no doubt he'll get 20+ this season. He won't score every shot but the fact that he's creating so many chances and having so many shots is an improvement on last season in itself.

If we're ever gonna do anything this season, it will be because of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Exactly this. (+ Mourinho).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apart from his finishing, which let's face it he should have scored - he was very good. His movement is much better than I expected, and some of his link up play is fantastic.

That back heel to Lingard for the Pogba chance was almost like a Matrix glitch, it didn't look natural :lol: such a shame that didn't amount to a goal.

His shot accuracy definitely needs to improve, but so far it's the complete opposite of problems that people feared. The good thing is we know his confidence won't hurt, he will keep going and no doubt score plenty of goals if we can supply him.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm not worried, he contributes enough but I don't think he is clinical.
I think this is fair, Ibra is still class but I wouldn't say he's massively efficient when it comes to being clinical, he offers much more than just that though so it's hardly a problem.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He's better than what he's shown so far. Up to himself and Mourinho to get him going.

SirAF

Ageist
He obviously should have scored early against Stoke, other than that I'm very pleased with him so far.

Annahnomoss

He's better than what he's shown so far. Up to himself and Mourinho to get him going.
A lot better. He reminds me more of the way he plays for Sweden thus far for us and isn't getting to use his playmaking to the best of his abilities. We really need to push our wingers up further so they can make runs when he drops deep otherwise he is just a great striker rather than the (nearly) complete package.

podurban2

A lot better. He reminds me more of the way he plays for Sweden thus far for us and isn't getting to use his playmaking to the best of his abilities. We really need to push our wingers up further so they can make runs when he drops deep otherwise he is just a great striker rather than the (nearly) complete package.
Agree with this. It should look more like;

Zlatan
Rashford Martial
At least when we are attacking.

The Stain

It's so frustrating my friend. Like Mourinho doesn't know how he is supposed to play.

Annahnomoss

Agree with this. It should look more like;

Zlatan
Rashford Martial

At least when we are attacking.
Yup that is how we should look to play if we want to get the best out of him. PSG played really effective and simple football that way - the wingers stayed wide in general to keep width but as soon as a pass went to Zlatan they'd make their runs towards goal and just trust Zlatan to utilize the runs they made.

It's so frustrating my friend. Like Mourinho doesn't know how he is supposed to play.
It is a bit odd to see. I think we've seen some slight improvements for every game that passes by in this regard and we at least get him involved more even if the runs aren't good enough yet.

The Stain

It is a bit odd to see. I think we've seen some slight improvements for every game that passes by in this regard and we at least get him involved more even if the runs aren't good enough yet.
Ye, that's true. Early days and we'll get there i think. Getting Rooney out of the eleven was necessary. We need more runs from midfield and i know Pogba plays differently but he could do it. Herrera is the obvious candidate for the boxbox but he's played well holding.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You're not serious, are you ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's missed a couple of easy chances but I'm delighted with this signing as of now. When he isnt scoring and winning us games (happened just in mid week btw), he's dropping deep and helping create chances in the build up. It's refreshing to have a striker who is both a target man as well as being capable of dropping deep and contributing.

Winrar

Took a glance at his autobiography (specifically about his time at barca in the first chapter) in a bookstore. wish I read this sooner, definitely gonna buy it when i go back to america in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.