Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

It was a horrible deal
They swapped Eto'o for him, plus a load of money. Eto'o was better than Ibra. Can't see what they were thinking tbh
I wouldnt say he was better but he was certainly better in terms of being suited to Barcelona, and it was an absurd deal considering how good Eto was for Barcelona as well.I think Ibrahimovic is suited to the premiership and suited to our side, not sure he is suited to playing in front of Rooney though, that is the one problem.

fallengt

Never been a fan of this guy. I expect him to throw a tantrum when something doesn't please his ego. He's a nice guy to have as long as things are rosy. But down the line he is bound to have his usual mood swings.
TBF that's exactly what we need. Some players in this team need a kick in the ass here and there after all bull crap they've pulled .

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Did fine but we weren't so sharp in the first half. I'm not too keen on seeing Rooney playing with Ibra in too many games. We improved greatly when we introduced pace. He took his goal well

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I wouldnt say he was better but he was certainly better in terms of being suited to Barcelona, and it was an absurd deal considering how good Eto was for Barcelona as well.I think Ibrahimovic is suited to the premiership and suited to our side, not sure he is suited to playing in front of Rooney though, that is the one problem.
I would think it was about taking Barca to the "next level." Zlatan has the technical ability to play their tiki-taka type of football, but teams always tried to stop Barcelona by sitting deep with two banks of 4. Zlatan was supposed to be the Plan B by allowing them to go over the defensive line instead of trying to always cut through it.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
His new chant according to Pete Boyle

Ohhhh
His name is big Zlatan
Ibrahimovic
He's scored a debut goal
An overheaded kick
He's 6ft 5
A super star
He's got a pony tail
And now he's at United
We can't surely fail
Tra la la la
He comes from Sweden
Tra la la la la la la
Ohhh
His name is big Zlatan

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Next time we lose a game, instead of his usual nice, "oh well, we'll try to be better next week" blog, I hope Mata's post is, "Guys, I'm scared, Zlatan has been standing in the middle of the road outside my house for 5 hours now staring at the door, he hasn't blinked once...... Cars have to drive around him......"
:lol:

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Imagine how the fans we have now who can't seem to accept both Zlatan and Rashford being in the same squad were in '99. The chaos in this forum of having Cole, Yorke, OGS and Sheringham would have been fun.
Sheringham is too old and slow, Ole can't be a viable starter for us, Yorke doesn't have enough goals in him, Cole is too flashy and doesn't bring everyone else into play. :houllier:

Mental.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
What, a tantrum like quitting your national team at a young age because they lost a couple of cup finals?
If you can't read the thread title, don't bother to quote me. I am not obliged to love your new marketing tool.

Last edited:

Trizy

What about Zalatan as a #10? It's no secret he's best position is a striker but he is also a very creative player, strong, good passer and a thundercnut of a long ranged shot.

This would allow for some games to attack with pure pace, with a front 4 of :

Mkhitaryam-Zalatan-Martial
................Rashford

That would be a nightmare to defend against.

cyberman

Remember the

Falcao.......RVP
......Rooney....

Days. The early August 'Let's fit everyone into our fantasy lineups regardless of position' phase.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
45 mins into a game he's scored in and I'm already starting to have my doubts. Just so fcking slow and static. Fcking annoying if Rashford is going to lose out so this guy gets to play. We need pace in attack.

The lack of wanking in here over Zlatan suggests to me I'm not the only one thinking this way
This post about sums you up. Have a word with yourself because there are people who don't agree with your assessment after watching half a game you trumpet! Rashford is a great prospect and we all hope he flourishes but you need to get a grip of yourself.

tob

What about Zalatan as a #10? It's no secret he's best position is a striker but he is also a very creative player, strong, good passer and a thundercnut of a long ranged shot.

This would allow for some games to attack with pure pace, with a front 4 of :

Mkhitaryam-Zalatan-Martial
................Rashford

That would be a nightmare to defend against.
If we were in the need of an equaliser or a game-winning goal, I would try this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
... its fans who somehow think players should be well behaved as if they're watching a Wimbledon match or something.
Even in Tennis and Cricket (traditionally, well behaved sports) - the players these days show a lot of passion and pull strop when things are not going well. If anyone has seen Djokovic (best player in the World) play, check out his foul mouthed rants during the match, if he is losing. That's what it means to have a win at all costs attitude. Something we have missed during the last 2 seasons under LVG.

LVG wanted everybody to use their brains, playing and behaving like robots. Unfortunately, it just didn't work.

baanke laal

banned
Next time we lose a game, instead of his usual nice, "oh well, we'll try to be better next week" blog, I hope Mata's post is, "Guys, I'm scared, Zlatan has been standing in the middle of the road outside my house for 5 hours now staring at the door, he hasn't blinked once...... Cars have to drive around him......"
It could happen. :lol:

as-95

I love shit like this.

Funny how Thiago silva is supposedly the Captain but he doesn't have the balls to rein Zlatan in. If it was any other player, the captain would have to try and restrain him and pull him towards the dressing room but no one dares to feck with Zlatan.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Did he give an interview after the game yesterday?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Sporting Mavericks: Ibrahimovic" is available on Sky on demand, half hour look at his history with interviews with himself and people who have played and worked with him. Decent watch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Funny how Thiago silva is supposedly the Captain but he doesn't have the balls to rein Zlatan in. If it was any other player, the captain would have to try and restrain him and pull him towards the dressing room but no one dares to feck with Zlatan.
Zlatan was even with above Laurent Blanc, he was truly PSG's boss. It feels weird to watch them without him and even weirder to watch him play for United.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As @kouroux says, Zlatan was the real boss at PSG. Thiago Silva led by example and by the quality of his performances most of the time, but psychologically he doesn't have the strength Zlatan has, and is a bit of a lightweight in some aspects.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When the going get's tough this year I think Zlatan will crack heads and get us back into shape. Can't see him letting us go through a rut like LVG did. Mourinho might help too :wenger:

littlepeasoup

Well there are lots of goals martial and rashford scored last season that zlatan couldnt score.
He adds a level of versatility to our game which we've not had for a while. The ability to pick balls out the air like Zlatan can has been lacking since RVP's first season with us, and probably the same with scoring goals from range. Combine his aerial and goalscoring ability with the attacking prowess we already possess and it was really a no-brainer to pick him up in my opinion.

as-95

Zlatan was even with above Laurent Blanc, he was truly PSG's boss. It feels weird to watch them without him and even weirder to watch him play for United.
As @kouroux says, Zlatan was the real boss at PSG. Thiago Silva led by example and by the quality of his performances most of the time, but psychologically he doesn't have the strength Zlatan has, and is a bit of a lightweight in some aspects.
Indeed, Zlatan just seems like one of the rare breed of people who are simply born to lead. Not sure if it's been posted but Herrera has also followed Rashford in commenting on Zlatans leadership. Players are naturally gravitating and looking towards him. The era of Rooney finally seems to be on the wayne.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Indeed, Zlatan just seems like one of the rare breed of people who are simply born to lead. Not sure if it's been posted but Herrera has also followed Rashford in commenting on Zlatans leadership. Players are naturally gravitating and looking towards him. The era of Rooney finally seems to be on the wayne.
He'll a natural leader because he'll be one of the best if not the best player on the pitch. However I don't think he'll come up with ridiculous sentences like "Man Utd were nothing before me" :lol:
He's said many funny things during his stay in France.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Honestly, even if he got injured in our first match, I'd expect just his determination to get back on the field to be something important for our young players to witness and worth the price of admission. People saying he's got nothing left to offer or that Ligue 1 is his level are crazy. Hopefully he performs well, gets us back into the CL, and can help us in it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.