6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

I was pleasanty surprised, he looked class. I wasn't expecting him to be this quick.

He did try some pretty unreasonable passes, but that's probably due to the current lack of chemistry with the team and him trying to impress.

Nuts

You guys know i'm his biggest supporter but i thought he had a bit of a meh game. The chemistry with his surrounding players wasn't quite there. The team needs to understand that he should be the focal point. He always drops deep so they should just give him the ball, he's an excellent playmaker with great composure and brings calmness to the team. Let him set the pace.

To me it seems that Martial has had a quiet pre-season, as if he's taking a backseat to Zlatan-time. All understandable really, they haven't had nearly enough matches. EURO or not, we should have played a few more games. Micky as well, he's shown glimpses but again, he's new and settling in.

There were instances were Rooney and Zlatan clicked but Rooney should look for space to run into rather than doing his usual bit of playmaking, leave that to the big man. I've had fears they wouldn't play well together but they seem to work ok so far. They just need to stop doing the same things. I'd prefer Rashford or even Mata in the team rather than Rooney but i'm sure we'll see that as well.

But oh man, when it clicks, and it will click, it will be amazing.
Too many playmakers is a problem.

It was so frustrating watching Berbatov needlessly do it when he had Scholes just behind him.

I hope Mourinho can define everyone's responsibilities clearly for them, otherwise Ibra, Waz and various CMs inc Pog are all going to create a mess...

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I hope Mourinho can communicate to Rooney that when Pogba gets here he gets benched, and we'll have Zlatan/Micky/Martial/Pogba as our front four, with Rashford to be subbed in for Micky when we go in front so he can meep meep mhhreow roadrunner past Zlatan and pick up the big mans flicks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I was pleasanty surprised, he looked class. I wasn't expecting him to be this quick.

He did try some pretty unreasonable passes, but that's probably due to the current lack of chemistry with the team and him trying to impress.
Not bad for a 44 year old ehh....

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When you play with Zlatan you need to respect two rules, you pass him the ball when he is open and you make runs when he has the ball.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
When you play with Zlatan you need to respect two rules, you pass him the ball when he is open and you make runs when he has the ball.
It really is that simple. Give him the damn ball and run=Win.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
Zlatan seems to like Rooney, but seems to me you just need to surround him with runners. Martial and him will find a lot of joy I think, and Rashford could too.

Zlatan dropping deep, and them going centre from the wings seems like it could work wonders, and at other times, they can hug the line and cross to the big man in the box.

Ban

He looks good on the pitch. Hopefully he wont brake his hip while running. Being old and all that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently been made a secondary vice captain after Rooney and Carrick? Possibly after smalling too the article might have forgotten him. Either way, he really is an inspirational type player and its great to have him in as somebody who can lead the team. Once the likes of Martial, Rooney and Mkhi get on the same page as him it'll be brilliant.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't wait to see him in the premier league, is it just me or did he look a lot quicker than he's made out? You'd think he turned like a crane the way some go on about how slow he is.

Can't wait to see him in the premier league, is it just me or did he look a lot quicker than he's made out? You'd think he turned like a crane the way some go on about how slow he is.
He's in amazing shape so I'm not too surprised.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
Apparently been made a secondary vice captain after Rooney and Carrick? Possibly after smalling too the article might have forgotten him. Either way, he really is an inspirational type player and its great to have him in as somebody who can lead the team. Once the likes of Martial, Rooney and Mkhi get on the same page as him it'll be brilliant.
The Telegraph have reported that this has been reported by the Mirror. When you actually look at the Mirror article, they claim it's been reported by the Sun.

It never ceases to amaze me how low the standards of football journalism. Shame on the Telegraph though, they used to be decent. Now they're essentially just a red top tabloid with delusions of grandeur.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I reckon starting Rashford behind him would be interesting to see. Zlatan drops deep to receive and Rashford makes the run past him to receive. Defenders caught in two minds to chase or stay and Rashford has the run on them through on goal.

I'll dream about this tonight.

mintsnake4

I reckon starting Rashford behind him would be interesting to see. Zlatan drops deep to receive and Rashford makes the run past him to receive. Defenders caught in two minds to chase or stay and Rashford has the run on them through on goal.

I'll dream about this tonight.
Thanks a lot, the one day I don't bring a spare pair of pants to work and you say things like this... Soaked.

Art Vandelay

The dropping deep is going to be a problem until we get players learning to make the right runs off it. We had a similar issue sometimes last season when Rooney dropped deep and everyone just kind of stood in their positions afraid to move.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I actually think he lacks that burst of pace to really excel as a PL striker in this day and age.

He was coming deep because he couldn't get behind Everton's CBs - and although his touch and intelligence are obviously world class, in the PL, a striker who needs to come deep rarely excels as a number 9.

Hope he does well, but I get the feeling that his impact might be more comparable to Berbatov than Cantona...
Why do strikers need to have this all out pace that everyone's talking about to make it in the PL? Is Mertesacker, Terry and Kompany faster than CB's in other leagues or what am I missing?

Dobbs

The dropping deep is going to be a problem until we get players learning to make the right runs off it. We had a similar issue sometimes last season when Rooney dropped deep and everyone just kind of stood in their positions afraid to move.
That's because a lone striker shouldn't be dropping deep. Not consistently anyway.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Wenger sure likes to talk a lot about our players. I hope Mourinho puts him in his place again.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why do strikers need to have this all out pace that everyone's talking about to make it in the PL? Is Mertesacker, Terry and Kompany faster than CB's in other leagues or what am I missing?
They don't, Van Persie and Kane are two of the best strikers that the PL have seen in the las 5 years and neither have that incredible pace or burst.

Jacob

Pace is overrated. Zlatan isn't even slow.

Can't remember last time we scored a goal that was distinctively down to pace.

Leicester 1:2 Man Utd

Sid234

Zlatan's not getting a lot of service, and his flicks and passes are not really working out.. I think it's just that the attackers need to get a better understanding of each other's play

Stringer

He cannot play in the same team as Rooney. Both lack pace, movement and continuously drop deep leaving no one upfront.

Eddy_JukeZ

Too wasteful with the ball.

But I'm sure his understanding with teammates will improve.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Zlatan's not getting a lot of service, and his flicks and passes are not really working out.. I think it's just that the attackers need to get a better understanding of each other's play
There's not been much chemistry amongst the front 4 really. It will get better when they start playing for him, meaning, look to give him the ball in deeper areas whenever possible so he can start the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.