5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I'm not sure about this, it sounds great in theory but last season he slowed the play quite significantly up top and i'm concerned he'll do the same again.

If he plays as a no 10, i cant imagine him busting a gut to put pressure on the opposition midfield, he's excellent on the ball no doubt, but we need more from the no 10 than just being able to pick a pass.
I wasn't into this "slowed us down" thing. I don't expect the full team to be bunch of runners and dribblers, keep running till they reach closed alley. Some players on the bitch need to be able to stand on the ball, look down for options and pass the critical pass to one of the runners to create chances. Pace is an important element of football, but it's definitely not the only one.

Zlatan was a main part of the reason we created so many chances to score last season.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The best thing is, people will write him off again at their own peril.
It will be the same as last year when he first comes back, people doubting him and that he will have an impact for the second half of the season. He is an immense player and was practically our team at points last season. I have no doubt he will have an impact for us, and I just love the guy too so I can't wait to see him on the pitch again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was a bit meh about him coming back and messing up the flow, but I'm getting a bit excited for it now.

fanutd

Memories are so short. I saw this video being posted on reddit and thought I would share it. Would be a great boost to have a firing Zlatan back.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
The mans a monster. I would so love to see him this weekend. Its been way to long for someone who has barely missed a single game of his in the last 10 years or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bwuk

Genuinely think he's going to have a Cantona effect on this side.

EyeInTheSky

Memories are so short. I saw this video being posted on reddit and thought I would share it. Would be a great boost to have a firing Zlatan back.

all that and 28 fecking goals to boot. His creation and link up play shites all over Mkhitaryan or any other player we have for that matter with only Pogba holding a candle to him on this part of his play. I actually think his through balls are better than anyone at the club. So many People saying he can't play 10 which in itself shows the levels of melt with the forum einsteins not only for the fact that he spent most of his time as a 10 and his best years as a 10 but just use your fecking eyes.

NotQuiteManc

If he can reach that form again, and used sparingly (unlike last season where he was visibly tired which led to the injury), he could be the difference on whether United can clinch the league title or not.

Lukaku
Martial/Rashford Ibrahimovic Miki/Mata
Pogba Matic/Herrera
Young/Darmian Rojo Jones/Bailly Valencia
DDG​

Jaybomb

I think Lukaku will be dropped for him if he doesn’t start scoring again.

And rightly so. I want to see Mata in the #10 behind one of the two.

Marcelinho87

If he can reach that form again, and used sparingly (unlike last season where he was visibly tired which led to the injury), he could be the difference on whether United can clinch the league title or not.

Lukaku
Martial/Rashford Ibrahimovic Miki/Mata
Pogba Matic/Herrera
Young/Darmian Rojo Jones/Bailly Valencia
DDG​
The injury was just a freak accident had nothing to do with him being tired.

prtk0811

If he plays as a no 10, i cant imagine him busting a gut to put pressure on the opposition midfield, he's excellent on the ball no doubt, but we need more from the no 10 than just being able to pick a pass.
We have matic now behind as a holding mid and pogba will be along side him, zlatan will make us more efficient and effective on the ball.

Antonedwin

If that's in reference to my half joking post... I love Ibra, it's just I fear what Mou will be tempted to do when he has Pogba, Fellaini, Lukaku and Ibra all fit and available.
Well for one, Ibra is now 36 and just returning from an ACL tear. Who knows how mobile he'll be. Lukaku isn't that talented of a player, Pogba is obviously brilliant and we know what Fellaini brings. Put those 4 in though and you don't think Mourinho will tell them to hit the ball long pretty often just because we are so much bigger then most? It'll just see us move more and more towards a relatively stationary side who will just put the ball wide and float it in for ibra/fellaini/lukaku to head it in, rather then developing an exciting style of play that isn't reliant on just being bigger then the opposition.
Glad he's coming back and could be a shrewd signing if Jose plays it right. Will allow Lukaku some time off too as we currently dont have a presence that can play up front if Lukaku cant/doesnt play.

Only concern is Jose trying to play him each week, even if its as a no 10 behind Lukaku - i'd worry it would leave us light in midfield and could slow us down (even more) going forward.

Hope to see him used as a sub with the odd start here and there in place of Lukaku, anything else and it could backfire.
I'm not sure about this, it sounds great in theory but last season he slowed the play quite significantly up top and i'm concerned he'll do the same again.

Not sure where the myth "zlatan slow us down" came from , we are without him for like 7 months and we didn't look that fast either, since he was injured last season we look toothless in our remaining game

there is only 2 times he played as 9 in his career, with barcelona and with us, he was winning titles when he played as 10 , dropping deep , dictating play, hold and link up play , have a striking partner, he isn't clinical so being 9 isn't really his best position

mobile player such as lingard,mkhi and mata did feck all for us this season so i am not sure why there is any doubt about zlatan replacing them in 10

mkhi can't play in tight space , he need space to run
lingard is average in everything
mata past it.
not to mention the trios are physically weak
we played with rooney as 10 for like 3 season , a guy with no first touch, i can't imagine zlatan is going to be worse than

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Look at him slowing down our play, making us worse.
:lol::lol::lol:

That video just drives home the point that he's the exact number 10 that this team needs, rather than lightweights like Mikhitaryan.

He's also clearly the exact player all 3 of our young forwards need around them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure where the myth "zlatan slow us down" came from , we are without him for like 7 months and we didn't look that fast either, since he was injured last season we look toothless in our remaining game

there is only 2 times he played as 9 in his career, with barcelona and with us, he was winning titles when he played as 10 , dropping deep , dictating play, hold and link up play , have a striking partner, he isn't clinical so being 9 isn't really his best position

mobile player such as lingard,mkhi and mata did feck all for us this season so i am not sure why there is any doubt about zlatan replacing them in 10

mkhi can't play in tight space , he need space to run
lingard is average in everything
mata past it.
not to mention the trios are physically weak
we played with rooney as 10 for like 3 season , a guy with no first touch, i can't imagine zlatan is going to be worse than
Not doubting Ibra at all, I love the guy. Im skeptical over what Mourinho's tactics are gonna be when he has giants like fellaini, pogba, ibra and lukaku on the pitch in central areas together (not to mention Matic and the center backs). We'll see I guess.

Also can't be ignored - 36 year old who tore his ACL 7 months ago. Doubt he'll show anywhere near his best until around February if at all.

Bwuk

Couldn't do it last season, why would he this one?
He carried our team last year. Not his fault Rashford, Mkhi, Pogba and Martial had disappointing years.

Watch the video above of him last year, the amount of chances he lays on a plate for players who miss. Hell improve in that regard with having someone in front of him this time giving him a extra body.

Trizy

feck me I forgot how good he was for us. He's such a creative player, I honestly think he'll be brilliant as #10.

Water Melon

To be fair, Ibra was indeed slowing our play at times last season, which does not take away all the goods he brought to United. His link-up play is excellent as is his vision. I doubt he will replace Lukaku, however, having a player like him playing in the hole, linking up the play, holding the ball to make sure that opposition do not counter, will make us much more adventurous going forward.

Antonedwin

Don't know why some people here thought he is going to play / be used like fellaini. Did they ever watch him play ?
The only similarities between him & fellaini is they both tall

M Bison

Supports
York City
Its not a myth that Zlatan slowed us down at all, he did and it was commented on numerous occasions last season. He played as a number 9 and always came deep, took a touch and turned which is where/how the point was made. It also compressed our play as we werent pulling the defenders around and getting in-behind, he also was easy to mark by coming deep.

Perhaps if he's to play as a no 10, it may be different because its a different skill set but the slow point certainly isnt a myth.

Looking forward to having him back, it will give us another dimension and option but lets not kid ourselves.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its not a myth that Zlatan slowed us down at all, he did and it was commented on numerous occasions last season. He played as a number 9 and always came deep, took a touch and turned which is where/how the point was made. It also compressed our play as we werent pulling the defenders around and getting in-behind, he also was easy to mark by coming deep.

Perhaps if he's to play as a no 10, it may be different because its a different skill set but the slow point certainly isnt a myth.

Looking forward to having him back, it will give us another dimension and option but lets not kid ourselves.
Because we were so quick when he was missing last season, in general I just think we were poor and it wasn't down to him (apart from his poor finishing)

Shark

@NotShark

This guy is 36 years of age, going on 37 and he'll probably come back from a long term injury like it never happened. Absolutely insane.

EyeInTheSky

But but but.. He misses sitters!​
My God that was repeated ad nauseam and always about the same few chances throughout the season ignoring the non-sitters. He is our only real Goal threat from outside the box as well. Be good to have Lukaku be a menace in the box and Zlatan being not only a creative threat but scoring threat just outside it.

kotha

Hope one game atleast we get to see Lukaku up top with Zlantan as 10, Martial and Rashford as wingers with Pogba and Matic too.. I don't know how it's going to work out but on paper atleast that is one sexy lineup..

kg2k16

I wish him to stay healthy for the duration of the season and help us win some trophies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Niiiiiiice. I, for one, am fecking hyped about the day the ZlaPoKaku show comes to town.

Even if they are too tall to be any good at football :(
ZlaPoKaku :lol:

But yes, that's a lot of brute force right there. Just one of them is a handful for many defenses, if it all clicks together..:drool:

Nothing against Miki, but based on his recent form he does not deserve to start at all. Zlatan at 10 and Pogba back in the middle and i think we should look a lot more dangerous going forward

EyeInTheSky

ZlaPoKaku :lol:

But yes, that's a lot of brute force right there. Just one of them is a handful for many defenses, if it all clicks together..:drool:

Nothing against Miki, but based on his recent form he does not deserve to start at all. Zlatan at 10 and Pogba back in the middle and i think we should look a lot more dangerous going forward
Brute force is probably too strong a description. They are both Elegant and classy players without being afraid to get physical and not play like precious little bitches.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
myth , lukaku stop scoring as soon as pogba went down injured, and on top of that we also stop creating chance.. at least zlatan creates

he played as 10 in most of his career, with juve, inter, milan. if any he wasn't suitable as lone striker / target man ( example at barca ) , he need striking partner instead.

he isn't fellaini , guy is very good with his feet
Not a myth for me, I've much preferred the football this season. Even though the goals have dried up recently Lukaku has been far more dynamic. I personally thought Zlatan was detrimental to our attack as a whole in some ways last season. Holding the ball too long, easily dispossessed, tried to do too much. He really did Martial no favours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.