Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
...and this guy is on free transfer.

Whoever gets him can consider summer a Christmas time.

izec

fecking hell, both goals top quality. Some people need their heads checked, we need to take the risk and bring him in. I can see him having a huge impact :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
fecking hell, both goals top quality. Some people need their heads checked, we need to take the risk and bring him in. I can see him having a huge impact :drool:
Only Lewa and Suarez are better strikers then he is currently or for the past 5 years really. Too old... nonsense. He's only got better with age and has never relied on speed (and is faster then Rooney is anyway probably).

Jacob

Too easy. Needs a new challenge. Like taking us to the top again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Warming to the idea of a season with this guy. He still has it. Unlike our captain. But for me Rooney and Zlatan shouldn't play in the same side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only Lewa and Suarez are better strikers then he is currently or for the past 5 years really. Too old... nonsense. He's only got better with age and has never relied on speed (and is faster then Rooney is anyway probably).
Play him in a 433 with martial and rashford flanking and we will be laughing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He would not be a concern if we sign him, it's just the players behind him that we need to worry about (aside from Martial).
Yep. Any player we buy, if they would be our best player by a distance, I don't think we should have any hesitation. Like with Martial. 19 but became our best attacking player instantly. Ibrahimovic would be that by far and would guide Martial really well, so that's an added bonus. He's just the perfect player to be our lone striker for a year or two before Martial takes over or if we buy Kane eventually.

Red Stone

He has the kick of a horse. That free kick looked ready to burst through the net.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Downcast
I'm sorry for my nit-picking but the myth that free agents come without transaction costs is untrue. Every player on a free demands a signing fee for him and his agent. Zlatan being Zlatan and Raiola being Raiola you can bet they'll demand plenty.
These signing fees will usally be lower than transfer fees, no doubt about it. But how much lower needs to be looked at on a case by case basis.
I agree with you.

I just meant MUFC won't have to discuss a transfer fee with PSG.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I agree with you.

I just meant MUFC won't have to discuss a transfer fee with PSG.
Ah I see. I'm not sure though if it's a more pleasant experience to have to discuss with Raiola Zlatan's contract terms and his signing fee. :D

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ah I see. I'm not sure though if it's a more pleasant experience to have to discuss with Raiola Zlatan's contract terms and his signing fee. :D
Let's wait for the last day of the recruitment period: it would easy to discuss :D

It would be great if you could pick one of the following players: Benzema, Bale, Griezmann, Cavani, Higuain, Ibra, Aubam (likely to join Real), Lewa (likely to stay in Munchen), Lukaku

Godfather

Get him in, give him the number 10 shirt and retire Rooney. Ibra is on another level.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Let's wait for the last day of the recruitment period: it would easy to discuss :D

It would be great if you could pick one of the following players: Benzema, Bale, Griezmann, Cavani, Higuain, Ibra, Aubam (likely to join Real), Lewa (likely to stay in Munchen), Lukaku
Apart from Auba with whom I as a BVB supporter am very happy with and hope to see him in black'n yellow for another season or two, the others would be beyond our budget. :)

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And with that hat-trick he became the first player to reach 30 goals mark in the league this season. Ronaldo isn't far off though.
His free-kick :drool::drool: I prefer those bullet shots to Payet's curlers. And other goals were quality too, love how he pick the moment to accelerate for the third one.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I am fairly confident he is going to be coming, along with Mourinho.

Thank feck.

Silverman

Also this:

But he's too old and wouldn't be good enough for the premier league right :lol:
Some people just don't seem to like him. He is a brilliant player and would be an ideal signing imo. Would allow Rashford and Martial to learn a lot.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Get him in, give him the number 10 shirt and retire Rooney. Ibra is on another level.
I'd actually want him to wear the #7 shirt, because it means more than the #10 - on an emotional level. We've been missing that certain un-quantifiable magical quality since Ronaldo left, and I'd daresay Zlatan is the perfect man to do justice to the myth surrounding that number - he just has that magnetic aura about him - as a player, and as a figure. Give Memphis some other squad number, and let him earn his stripes - much like Adnan with the 11 - too much too soon for the both of 'em.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
No. 7 has lost its allure. A bunch of midtable players have been donning it.

We need someone to bring it back.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No. 7 has lost its allure. A bunch of midtable players have been donning it.

We need someone to bring it back.
No we don't. It's not that special really. Most of the players that that are most known for wearing it also wore other numbers whilst at United. It's mostly a SAF thing. Been the most whorish number since SAF retired.

El Jefe

I'm all for Ibra in the summer. He's the perfect stop gap and it helps that he still has world class qualities which we lack.

My concern though is I feel we'd need to sell Rooney if we want to bring Zlatan into our team but what are the chances of Rooney not being here next season? Very slim imo.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'm all for Ibra in the summer. He's the perfect stop gap and it helps that he still has world class qualities which we lack.

My concern though is I feel we'd need to sell Rooney if we want to bring Zlatan into our team but what are the chances of Rooney not being here next season? Very slim imo.
Maybe Rooney could play as a support striker

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why do people think he will join MUFC and leave PSG, who right now are a significantly better than MUFC?
Am I missing something or is this another "we are getting Neymar" deal?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I'd actually want him to wear the #7 shirt, because it means more than the #10 - on an emotional level. We've been missing that certain un-quantifiable magical quality since Ronaldo left, and I'd daresay Zlatan is the perfect man to do justice to the myth surrounding that number - he just has that magnetic aura about him - as a player, and as a figure. Give Memphis some other squad number, and let him earn his stripes - much like Adnan with the 11 - too much too soon for the both of 'em.
Happy to read someone who understands his impact in collective terms and who understands MUFC needs LEADERS who make everyone better.

El Jefe

Maybe Rooney could play as a support striker
Sorry to say but Rooney is finished as a starting player for any team that has aspirations of winning titles.

Due to their style of play and lack of pace it would have to be just one of them and Ibra is streets ahead of Rooney.

Cheekiey

Why do people think he will join MUFC and leave PSG, who right now are a significantly better than MUFC?
Your missing something but it's a secret :D

Zoo

Third time you've asked this question and people have given reasons. It may or may not happen but we have been linked to him and it's okay to speculate.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Who are the top 8 All-Time Top Scorers in the Champions League + Europa Cup ?

1 Cristiano Ronaldo - 90 goals in 123 games - including 11 penalties

2 Lionel Messi - 83 goals in 104 games - including 9 penalties

3 Raúl - 71 goals in 142 games - including 1 penalty

4 Ruud van Nistelrooy - 56 goals in 73 games - including 10 penalties

5 Thierry Henry - 50 goals in 112 games - including 3 penalties

6 Alfredo Di Stéfano - 49 goals in 112 games - including 3 penalties

7 Andriy Shevchenko - 48 goals in 100 games - including 5 penalties

8 Zlatan Ibrahimović *
Inter
Juventus
AC Milan
FC Barcelona
Paris Saint-Germain
AFC Ajax

47 goals in 117 games - including 5 penalties

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ruud was really something, wasn't he? Insane stats, if he exclude the two aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.