Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

Even that's pushing it to really justify paying a 35 year old 300,00k pw though isn't it?

Neither do i mate. But even at half of that i doubt there has been many players in history who would command that sort of salary at almost 35 in any of the big leagues.
Does it matter what we pay him? It really makes very little difference to the club what he is paid, and he could be well worth it

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would be a decent gamble imo - Zlatan wants to prove himself in the PL before he retires and its a good short term option, which allows the likes of Martial and Rashford to get playing time (as Zlatan would need gametime management) whilst they continue to develop and learn from a master

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rooney always seem to do really well while being a 'helper' to greater talents; for that reason alone, I wouldn't mind us signing Zlatan.

Jinn

Would be a decent gamble imo - Zlatan wants to prove himself in the PL before he retires and its a good short term option, which allows the likes of Martial and Rashford to get playing time (as Zlatan would need gametime management) whilst they continue to develop and learn from a master
Definitely as safer bet than Falcao.

Lowkey

At the end of the day the man is a winner and he won't take any sh*t from anyone. He sets the standard and has that aura around him that is what the club needs. We have too many boys/luxury players in the squad. Zlatan will be an excellent signing for 1-2 seasons

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We probably won't sign him because the off-the-cuff things he says might upset our sponsors, and our new manager Roy Hodgson.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even that's pushing it to really justify paying a 35 year old 300,00k pw though isn't it?

Neither do i mate. But even at half of that i doubt there has been many players in history who would command that sort of salary at almost 35 in any of the big leagues.
What's with the facination of the 300k wages? Is he better than Rooney? Yes so he can be paid 300k with 0 transfer fee I don't really mind that and feck Rooney off for some fee. All in all that would be a good deal financially for the club

Sparky Rhiwabon

This is mentioned a lot in this thread. The man has played 46 games so far this season for club. A lot on here doesn't realize he's fit as feck.
Yes, although this is a much harder, more physical league so at his age it'll be good to keep him fresh whilst giving those players opportunities - win-win

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I dont want Zlatan either

Next season is going to be a tough one for me if Jose and Zlatan are both at Utd

I have real dislike for both of them

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
No it won't. That's just ridiculous
We shouldnt be going out buying 35 year old players unless it was something like an emergency loan like Henrik Larrsson

It would be horrible to see him take up a space in the squad and then the likes of Rashford could miss out

Right away we would see issues in Jose being manager

Revan

Assumptionman
I dont want Zlatan either

Next season is going to be a tough one for me if Jose and Zlatan are both at Utd

I have real dislike for both of them
Now you see how people felt when we got Moyes and Fellaini. :P

While I have never been Ibra's biggest fan, I am all pro this signing, as long as it is meant for him to replace Rooney (not Rashford, or God forbid it, Martial). Despite his old age, Ibra is as good as ever, and his game hasn't ever been about speed. Unlike Rooney, Ibra's technique is brilliant and he is still one of the most powerful players in the world. He is still a big match flop (for most part), but I think that he can do a decent job in the league, scoring 20 goals or so.

It would be a bit of uncharacteristic signing, but considering that our squad is young and without leaders (especially if Carrick retires/leaves), then it might be a worthy signing.

On the other side, if we keep Rooney and sign Ibra, then that would be quite bad IMO. The attack would be extremely slow, and players like Rashford and Martial would suffer in the process.

Steven Seagull

We shouldnt be going out buying 35 year old players unless it was something like an emergency loan like Henrik Larrsson

It would be horrible to see him take up a space in the squad and then the likes of Rashford could miss out

Right away we would see issues in Jose being manager
He's not going to miss out. There are more than enough games to play through the season and he is a long way off being required standard at this moment.

We also had a prime Rooney and Saha when Larsson signed. Still had Ole and still used Alan Smith. And we signed him from the Swedish league. Zlatan is still doing it at the business end of the CL

United22

I'm really done here. How would this possibly be stupid in anyway looking at our attacking options... The guy is still within the top 15 attackers in Europe easily....

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Ibrahimovic will offer quality and arrogance. I think he will rub off (sounds wrong lol), on the younger players and that's what we need. We're too nice. For me the future is Wilson and I wouldn't rule Keane out either. So someone like Zlatan is not a long term threat to anyone. Who knows how ambitious we will be in the summer? Jose and Ibrahimovic would be a good start. We have to stop this nonsense. It cannot continue. Outside of Fellaini, herrera (I mean the experienced players), we lack quality/fight.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm really done here. How would this possibly be stupid in anyway looking at our attacking options... The guy is still within the top 15 attackers in Europe easily....
I would go as far as to say that only Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Muller, Lewandowski and possibly a fully fit Aguero are better than him. And in fact, he is the same level as all of those players bar Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez.

Lever

While I'm a fan of Zlatan, I think there could be raised some questions on his expected fitness come the start of next season. He's starting to get a bit old and has said himself that he can't play as many games as he used to without rest. Add that to the fact that it is very likely that he will be playing alot the summer. He will of course play at the Euros if fit, but he is also likely to play for Sweden's them at the Olympics (He's said he wants and are included in the preliminary 100-man list).

Granted that Sweden most likely won't go very far in either, but still, two tournament in one summer will leave its mark on his fitness come next season.

stevoc

Thats a decent set of choices
Yeah either would be a good move for him but at the same time it's not like he has the choice of any club in europe as some are trying to make out, for various reasons already explained there will only be several realistic options for him.

stevoc

Does it matter what we pay him?

Yes of course why wouldn't it?

United are a business, we have pissed enough money down the drain the last few years. Keep doing that and this ''transitional period'' will start becoming more permanent.

stevoc

What's with the facination of the 300k wages? Is he better than Rooney? Yes so he can be paid 300k with 0 transfer fee I don't really mind that and feck Rooney off for some fee. All in all that would be a good deal financially for the club
He will still be looking a signing on fee lets remember so not 0 at all.

Rooney has 3 years left on his contract what if he doesn't want to feck off?

What if the club don't want him to feck off?

What if the club do want rid of him but no one will match his salary?

It sounds really easy when you just say lets feck Rooney off like that, the reality is quite different though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes of course why wouldn't it?

United are a business, we have pissed enough money down the drain the last few years. Keep doing that and this ''transitional period'' will start becoming more permanent.
Our wage against total revenue was at like 41%. The lowest in the league and far behind all of our rivals in the league and Europe. I think 300k for a player of Ibrahimovic level for a year or two is fine.

There's no point worrying about the amount of money he is going to get when he's one of the best strikers in Europe and we can't score goals

Cassidy

It sounds really easy when you just say lets feck Rooney off like that, the reality is quite different though.
RVP didn't, you can make a player feck off if you want. Or at least loan for part of his wages.
Basically tell the fecker he has ZERO chance of games next season, he will soon find another club

dichinero

Ibra is our best option this summer. The only problem would be if Rooney and Zlatan start most of the games.

Ibrahimovic
Martial Rooney NewRW
I'm not sure if it would work. But if we sign Ibra and Rooney stays, I think both will be in the first XI. At least it will be better than Young as striker with Lingard behind him.​
ewwww!

stevoc

Our wage against total revenue was at like 41%. The lowest in the league and far behind all of our rivals in the league and Europe. I think 300k for a player of Ibrahimovic level for a year or two is fine.

There's no point worrying about the amount of money he is going to get when he's one of the best strikers in Europe and we can't score goals
My problem isn't with how much he's being paid specifically, it's with how much we are potentially going to pay a 35 year old striker.

All players decline eventually, some do so rapidly like RVP. One season they are one of the best in europe 12-18 months later they are finished. Ibrahimovic won't be immune to this fact of life despite many people's wishful thinking.

Revan

Assumptionman

He would want to feck off if the club wants so. Just put him out of the squad and a player of his ego wouldn't accept not playing football. Especially, when he can either be loaned at some other team and play football (for example at Everton, while United pays 40-50% or so of the wage), or go to China/USA and get as much money while also playing football.

RVP was at around similar age with a giant wage and he fecked off instantly when it became clear that there won't be a place for him in the team.

Cassidy

My problem isn't with how much he's being paid specifically, it's with how much we are potentially going to pay a 35 year old striker.

All players decline eventually, some do so rapidly like RVP. One season they are one of the best in europe 12-18 months later they are finished. Ibrahimovic won't be immune to this fact of life despite many people's wishful thinking.
Then don't give him a 5 year deal, you know 1 year with an option to extend for 1 may just be ok.
I can't really think of many strikers of his level that would be attainable, and we also have Martial and Rashford and also Wilson to develop

Status
Not open for further replies.