Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

Ibra is our best option this summer. The only problem would be if Rooney and Zlatan start most of the games.

Ibrahimovic
Martial Rooney NewRW
I'm not sure if it would work. But if we sign Ibra and Rooney stays, I think both will be in the first XI. At least it will be better than Young as striker with Lingard behind him.​

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ibra is our best option this summer. The only problem would be if Rooney and Zlatan start most of the games.

Ibrahimovic
Martial Rooney NewRW
I'm not sure if it would work. But if we sign Ibra and Rooney stays, I think both will be in the first XI. At least it will be better than Young as striker with Lingard behind him.​
Please no

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ibra and Rooney on the pitch at the same time would be far too slow. You just know we'd pair them with a midfield of Carrick and Blind or something. We can only afford one slow, old striker. If Ibra comes in it's instead of Rooney imo.

stevoc

Ibra and Rooney on the pitch at the same time would be far too slow. You just know we'd pair them with a midfield of Carrick and Blind or something. We can only afford one slow, old striker. If Ibra comes in it's instead of Rooney imo.
If that were the case i doubt Ibrahimovic is coming then, because we know it's highly unlikely Rooney is leaving.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If that were the case i doubt Ibrahimovic is coming then, because we know it's highly unlikely Rooney is leaving.
Not necessarily leaving, but I doubt any manager who knows anything would want them alongside eachother.

stevoc

Not necessarily leaving, but I doubt any manager who knows anything would want them alongside eachother.
Well it depends, Rooney is a better player than he has showed this season still in my opinion. If we sign a top RW who's quick and mobile then Zlatan up front with Rooney in behind with Martial and a new RW either side it could work.

Having said that it would be a bit worrying to build our attack around one player who's approaching 35 and another who looks like he is most of the time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We could use the excuse that they're both getting on so it would be beneficial to share the striker role. Then have Rashford play in the smaller games, who will then hopefully be a beast by the time Rooney/Ibra leave.

DrunkenBeaver

So he'll come if we sack our manager?

He sounds a bigger prick than Van Gaal. No thanks Zlatan love.

stevoc

Does anyone think Ibrahimovic could play 40-50 games next year in England to a high level without tiring?

Bearing in mind it will be the most physical league he's ever played in at his oldest and for the first time without a winter break.

DrunkenBeaver

Well it isn't like LvG treated him well when he was last his manager.
Don't care. No matter who the manager is someone declaring they'll only sign if he's sacked is a massive bell-end.

We should of course sack Van Gaal and tell big 'ead to do one. He's only using us for a pay day anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Most definitely Mourinho's first signing then

Hammerfell

Don't care. No matter who the manager is someone declaring they'll only sign if he's sacked is a massive bell-end.

We should of course sack Van Gaal and tell big 'ead to do one. He's only using us for a pay day anyway.
Zlatan being a bit of a twat is hardly a secret to be fair. I feel that we could do with a twat or two in our ranks at this point though.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Really? He could have the choice of clubs who'll pay him handsomely.

DrunkenBeaver

Maybe we should send him a picture of the receptionist at Carrington to see if he finds her shaggable enough. If not we could always get a more bustier, younger model to satisfy his needs.

Cassidy

Does anyone think Ibrahimovic could play 40-50 games next year in England to a high level without tiring?

Bearing in mind it will be the most physical league he's ever played in at his oldest and for the first time without a winter break.
He would be like Sheringham IMO, his game also isn't built around pace and explosiveness. He is very calm and technically excellent.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Chances are we are not going to be in the CL next season.

If we can get 30 games out of him in the PL he would be a great addition.

stevoc

He would be like Sheringham IMO, his game also isn't built around pace and explosiveness. He is very calm and technically excellent.
Look i think he's still a top player and yeah if he came in a played a role like Sheringham it would be a great addition but for the wages he's demanding do you not think it's too much for a player to only play in half our games?

Cassidy

Look i think he's still a top player and yeah if he came in a played a role like Sheringham it would be a great addition but for the wages he's demanding do you not think it's too much for a player to only play in half our games?
I don't believe the 600k demands

stevoc

Probably quite a few with the new TV money
Clubs in england willing to pay Ibrahimovic 300,000k per week yeah theres probably a few but how many of those would he actually want to go to?

Once you factor that in theres only really United and Chelsea that are options in england. With Arsenal as an outside chance.

Truedevil

Surely we can't possibly risk another Falcao situation instead of going for talented players like Martial and Rashford who actually work for us. I want him nowhere near our team.

Hammerfell

Surely we can't possibly risk another Falcao situation instead of going for talented players like Martial and Rashford who actually work for us. I want him nowhere near our team.
Falcao suffered a horrendous injury before we signed him. It clearly ruined him as a player.

stevoc

Chances are we are not going to be in the CL next season.

If we can get 30 games out of him in the PL he would be a great addition.
Even that's pushing it to really justify paying a 35 year old 300,00k pw though isn't it?

I don't believe the 600k demands
Neither do i mate. But even at half of that i doubt there has been many players in history who would command that sort of salary at almost 35 in any of the big leagues.

Zoo

Falcao was rushing back from an ACL injury and hasn't been the same since. Ibra has lost a bit of pace but still keeps himself in top shape. I'd trust Mourinho's judgement on this and it would definitely be great to have some of his arrogance in the team.

stevoc

I wouldn't know mate tbh, but I'm sure he has takers.
No doubt but not as many in europe as people seem to think in my opinion. Not the level of clubs i reckon he would be willing to play for anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best news I've heard all day. When Woodward realises his galacticos won't join the club with the mad Dutchman in charge he'll be out the door pronto!

Sylar

Id take him for a year if it means getting rid of Rooney and LVG :P

Bwuk

Been saying it for a while, Zlatan will end up here and so will Jose.

Martial - Zlatan - Memphis

Jose will sort out front three.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Seems like Ibrahimović will sign up as a package deal with Mourinho because him, or Raiola, or whoever's briefing the media have no real reason to speak in specific detail (reg. United and Van Gaal). Hmm.. Maybe there is a bit of truth to the reports that José has been scouting players for next season, and building a dossier of sorts - with Zlatan the potential headliner. Good news if true - doesn't hurt to have a clear list of targets (especially if there's a gentleman's agreement that they're joining to play for Mourinho, even if it might potentially mean missing out on European football for the season).
Err, dunno how the situations are comparable apart from some loosely defined argument predicated on his age - because him and Falcao are very different players in terms of technique and mentality. As far as raw output goes - Ibrahimović has scored as many goals as our entire strike force of Rooney, Martial, Rashford, and Mata combined - and is definitely going to set a new personal record for a season (39 vs his previous best of 41). And just to show that it's not all because of the relative lack of quality in Ligue 1 - he scored at a rate of a goal per game for Sweden through the last year or so. Martial, and especially Rashford - aren't quite ready to carry the goalscoring burden for United just yet. And Zlatan would be an awesome bridge signing that can contribute at a high level for 2-3 seasons, and pave the way for the younger lot. Perfect player at the perfect time.

Cassidy

Clubs in england willing to pay Ibrahimovic 300,000k per week yeah theres probably a few but how many of those would he actually want to go to?

Once you factor that in theres only really United and Chelsea that are options in england. With Arsenal as an outside chance.
Thats a decent set of choices

Status
Not open for further replies.