Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDanGaal

That smile was comfortably the most entertaining thing about our season so far, if he does come which is looking likely we should make him do daily conferences as part of his contract.

andy0

I wonder if you guys are wilfully reading too much.

He could just be amused and starting to be bored by the bloke's persistence in sticking to a line of questions he isn't going to answer right now.

On the other hand ...

Nicklas

With him and Mourinho, along with Schweinsteiger, we'll finally have a bunch of natural leaders in our team.

Imagine being down two goals at half time with these two in the dressing room, we can finally expect a better team to come out on the field again. Nothing like what we had with LvG where we'd actually be worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dunno about you guys but it's clearly a done deal.

I am off to get my Zlatan 11 shirt printed as we speak.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Our PR office is shitting it at the prospect of Zlatan, Mourinho and his backroom staff all coming in.

Poor feckers are gonna earn every penny from now on.

Utd7

This is definitely happening so you know what that means...we're bound to win the league. Everywhere Zlatan goes a league title follows.;)

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Wonder what number he'll get? Can't imagine him being happy with #14 or something!
It's really tricky. 10 is ruled out. 9 would seem very unfair because Martial is quite a big star atm and will be our future. 7 on the other hand should easily be possible to rip off from Memphis, but I don't think that's the kind of number ibra wants. 11 is also a possible number. 18 ??? That's an option for some strikers but I doubt it. The search goes on. I remember being really pissed off with giving the no. 5 shirt to Rojo while others were laughing at me. Who's laughing now.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
That sly smile when asked if he has spoken directly to Mourinho this week. He is such a tease :drool:

GBBQ

It's really tricky. 10 is ruled out. 9 would seem very unfair because Martial is quite a big star atm and will be our future. 7 on the other hand should easily be possible to rip off from Memphis, but I don't think that's the kind of number ibra wants. 11 is also a possible number. 18 ??? That's an option for some strikers but I doubt it. The search goes on. I remember being really pissed off with giving the no. 5 shirt to Rojo while others were laughing at me. Who's laughing now.
It would surely be 7 or 11. Both Memphis and Januzaj will be demoted. Perhaps Mata 8 will be freed up as well. Who knows

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

He could just be amused and starting to be bored by the bloke's persistence in sticking to a line of questions he isn't going to answer right now.

On the other hand ...
Reported for attempting to murder the muppets.

ravi2

I think 11 might be the number for Ibra, I am in hope that we are saving the #7 for Griezmann :)

Drifter

American

On the other hand ...
No wonder about it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Clubs generally don't just take numbers from players to give to another player. The only time I've seen it happen at United is when we gave Fellaini's number, 31, to Schweini... but I think Fellaini had to agree to it and obviously he doesn't care about 31.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Did we seriously try to sign him when he moved to PSG 4 years ago? Would have been an amazing signing back then and we should have gone for him.
We signed van Persie that summer. That was the right choice considering he was a proven top class PL player.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It would surely be 7 or 11. Both Memphis and Januzaj will be demoted. Perhaps Mata 8 will be freed up as well. Who knows
Has to be no 7. I want one and I've only ever bought 2 shirts before in my life (1994 black away with Cantona 7 & 1999 Red CL final with 99).

No 7 Red home jersey with no 7 Ibrahimovic on the back will be the most bought shirt in football merchandising history ....

peridigm

He's coming.

*and we need someone like him. Even if he doesn't score a bucket load of goals, he could be the character we've been lacking for the past 4-5 seasons.

Stripping Memphis of the #7 will further damage his confidence. If Jose has no place for him, fair enough, but if he does, let him keep it.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Clubs generally don't just take numbers from players to give to another player. The only time I've seen it happen at United is when we gave Fellaini's number, 31, to Schweini... but I think Fellaini had to agree to it and obviously he doesn't care about 31.
Generally they don't take numbers from players if we are talking about just any player. This on the other hand is a totally different story. We ripped the number off from Gabriel Heinze thought.

If you have a star like Ibra coming in and you have a cocky youth player like Memphis and the transfer depended on it (say Ronaldo came back), do you think the club would let Memphis stand in the way of that? They often make look like the player himself gave the number away, and in return earns some fan credits. To me the #7 has been used like a prostitute of lately. We should be more careful with it, however the spell is probably gone now for the new generation of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.