Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackingFlair

He's more than just a goal scorer, links well with his team mates and is generally really creative. Plays with imagination.. Wouldn't expect too many players to pull off his weak foot volley closer to the half way line.

Yes he hasn't always stepped up at European level but he's done well recently. Scored his knockout goal when he was at Barca, scored twice against Arsenal, recently he scored against the best team in the world, which is difficult considering limited possession against them. He's always been a top player but whether through reasons of his own or not, he hasn't always had the best of the games when English viewers are watching. That said, there are plenty of top players who have been great in their league and not as good on the international or europe stage, however they are rightfully still rated. The importance of peforming over 38 games shouldn't be understated, it should be the other way round.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
That makes no sense
He fails to show up in games. Teams like inter before, relied on him to deliver results. He has very good games, but also has some stinkers that cost teams trophies. Makes sense when you consider how good he can be.

Berbatov is much the same. He arguably cost us the FA cup semi last year when he didn't put away his chances early on, but he'll have a game like he did against Liverpool earlier in the season.

AttackingFlair

He fails to show up in games. Teams like inter before, relied on him to deliver results. He has very good games, but also has some stinkers that cost teams trophies. Makes sense when you consider how good he can be.
But then you have to think, why is the rest of the team only relying on him? Mourinho had the right idea when he bought Sneijder, Lucio, Motta, Pandev, on top of Eto'o...

Ibrahimovic masked a lot of Inter's flaws.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Zlatan is worldclass when having good players around him. He shouldnt play for Sweden though because he just doesnt fit in. Sweden is all about teamspirit and working the socks off for each other, that is how we get our results. We play BORING footie and bore the feck out of our opponents but with limited resources we still get to most championships. Zlatan is more technically gifted than the rest of Sweden put together but I don´t want him in our national team.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
But then you have to think, why is the rest of the team only relying on him? Mourinho had the right idea when he bought Sneijder, Lucio, Motta, Pandev, on top of Eto'o...

Ibrahimovic masked a lot of Inter's flaws.
Pretty simple. It was cheaper to have one really good player that was consistent enough in the league, than 5 that would make them successful over europe.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Berbatov is much the same. He arguably cost us the FA cup semi last year when he didn't put away his chances early on, but he'll have a game like he did against Liverpool earlier in the season.
You can't really compare them seeing as Zlatan has played and scored in countless games against the top teams in Serie A and La Liga. He has the big game bottler tag mostly because of the Champions League, especially in England. I mean he came in and won the league for Inter in the final deciding game of a season.

Sw33t

He was pure quality tonight I thought. MOTM.

Hope to see him do it again at the Emirates, and then in the Quaters/Semis/Final? Would be nice

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He was very very good tonight, shame he's not brought that to the CL before (that I've seen).

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
He was pure quality tonight I thought. MOTM.

Hope to see him do it again at the Emirates, and then in the Quaters/Semis/Final? Would be nice
He gets a bit of a rough ride in England. Quality player but will never run around like a headless chicken which means that when he is bad he will not contribute too much. Played well tonight however.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Would be funny to see people suddenly decide he's actually an excellent player if he played well in the next 2 or 3 CL knockout games.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
@BBCSport: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only scored 3 goals in 14 Champions League games v English clubs - but they've all been against Arsenal.
If there's one team in the world he's born to play against its Arsenal. They hate playing against a quality physical forward.

Look what Drogba has done to them over the years.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
How about scoring the only goal in El Clasico and being as good as ever?
His goal scoring record is good everywhere.

My post does sound harsh. He is an excellent player. But his influence in games against better sides will not be as good as what we saw tonight

AttackingFlair

To be fair, he didn't even have the best of services today, the full backs were taking shots in good positions, Nocerino trying an ambitious volley, Pato not squaring it at the end etc. On the other hand, Ibrahimovic gave good service to Robinho and played two defence splitting passes.

SATA

I watched only first half and he was absolutely immense in the whole of it. He's a better player than Berabtov i would say when both are equally on form

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I watched only first half and he was absolutely immense in the whole of it. He's a better player than Berabtov i would say when both are equally on form
There's never been a doubt about it.There are a few players who they are on form are just a joy to watch (Messi,RVP,Iniesta,Ozil) and Ibra is among them

Varun

Staff
Was excellent yesterday as he always is when he can be bothered. That said, a great offensive performance against the likes of djourou aint the most difficult of tasks.

Varun

Staff
Yep, our 8-2 win was nothing special.
Yes it was, just like i said ibra was excellent yesterday so i dont know what you're getting at?

It shouldnt suddenly mean praising him to the moon just as our 8-2 wasnt really an indicator of the actual difference in quality between United and Arsenal, dont you agree? Sterner challenges lay ahead for ibra in the CL, we'l see how he does.

Anduin

206 Serie A games - 109 goals, 48 assists
29 La Liga games - 16 goals, 9 Assists
83 Champions League games - 29 goals, 16 assists

He has won eight league titles in a row (with Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona and Milan) while contributing massively to each club's success. I'd say he's a pretty damn good though he hasn't done much in the Champions League KO stages.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was brilliant yesterday. Yes Arsenal made it easier but some of his work to bring others into play was delightful.

I'm always right

Just dont really watch Serie A because its a load of shit, better stuff to do with my time. He is always crap against English clubs, last night apart.
Well no actually, he was very good against Arsenal for Barcelona too.

I actually thought he was pretty decent against us when he played for Inter, he certainly wasn't "crap".

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just dont really watch Serie A because its a load of shit, better stuff to do with my time. He is always crap against English clubs, last night apart.
This is the typical blind and arrogant view from PL fans.You're so narrow minded that when italian teams get good results against english ones, it seems like a miracle to you.The Italian league isn't as good as in the 90's or early 2000's that's for sure but it's still a very good league.

I'm always right

This is the typical blind and arrogant view from PL fans.You're so narrow minded that when italian teams get good results against english ones, it seems like a miracle to you.The Italian league isn't as good as in the 90's or early 2000's that's for sure but it's still a very good league.
I have to agree with you kouroux, did some of these lot not see how much shitty struggled against Napoli? let alone the thrashing Milan just dished out as well as the fact that Milan gave a much better account of themselves vs. Barca than we did.

towcester_red

:lol: nah just have better things to be doing with my time. I watch La Liga and lower league English Football. Theres only so much you can watch in mind with actually having a life.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
He's obviously a very good player but, for me, always flattered to deceive in big games

His best performances are against weaker opposition no question - when the level of defending drops off from the top tier ( like against us on a couple of occasions he's destroyed us) he'll do serious damage.

Bit flat track imo

Good player but Ive never seen him do it against a top class tight defence - ever he goes on the missing in those games - consistantly

Status
Not open for further replies.