Zlatan tells Lukaku "‘Go do your voodoo s***, you little donkey"

padr81

Supports
Man City
You said we all know what he meant. I didn’t.

As for offside and following you around, who are you? :lol:
for one I said it in the other thread, and you felt the need to follow me here. You got schooled on the offside law for the same rubbish last week in the VAR thread.
And again maybe you can't follow a conversation but here you go.

Literally things I said in the thread you plucked that quote from:

"For sure, I hope the wording is wrong and thats not what he said. It'd be a shame if he let himself down like that so late in his career but if it is there's gonna be a big inquest and he could be in trouble. Not to mention it would likely cost AC a potential titles because he's still one of..."

"Google Moshiri, Lukaku, Voodoo and its pretty easy to see. Zlatan and I said this in my op IF he brought it back up, has let himself down quite badly here even if Lukaku is a dick.

"Given the Moshiri quotes on Lukaku and voodoo though its definitely not a good look for Zlatan, I agree though its not clear to me either from the video."

My original post which you again twisted was that people would storm in defending Zlatan even if guilty. And I was proven right when "Hey what he said wasn't racist, he was just quoting Moshiri who was being racist" got spouted all over the thread!
"We all know what it means but cause its Zlatan people will deny and ignore it." I never said he did it. Because we all know IF a two letter word you clearly can't follow he did say voodoo, it absolutely would be racism right?

Don't know who I am yet tagged me in this quote:
I think I remember @padr81 arguing that it was obviously the right decision and just repeating it’s in the rules adamant it was correct. When really it was shocking all along - yet again another wrong statement from you after accusing me of going in on 3/4 of the caf.

I'm flattered by the attraction and attention but please learn to follow threads and understand what people write.

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
for one I said it in the other thread, and you felt the need to follow me here. You got schooled on the offside law for the same rubbish last week in the VAR thread.
And again maybe you can't follow a conversation but here you go.

Literally things I said in the thread you plucked that quote from:

"For sure, I hope the wording is wrong and thats not what he said. It'd be a shame if he let himself down like that so late in his career but if it is there's gonna be a big inquest and he could be in trouble. Not to mention it would likely cost AC a potential titles because he's still one of..."

"Google Moshiri, Lukaku, Voodoo and its pretty easy to see. Zlatan and I said this in my op IF he brought it back up, has let himself down quite badly here even if Lukaku is a dick.

"Given the Moshiri quotes on Lukaku and voodoo though its definitely not a good look for Zlatan, I agree though its not clear to me either from the video."

My original post which you again twisted was that people would storm in defending Zlatan even if guilty. And I was proven right when "Hey what he said wasn't racist, he was just quoting Moshiri who was being racist" got spouted all over the thread!
"We all know what it means but cause its Zlatan people will deny and ignore it." I never said he did it. Because we all know IF a two letter word you clearly can't follow he did say voodoo, it absolutely would be racism right?

Don't know who I am yet tagged me in this quote:
I think I remember @padr81 arguing that it was obviously the right decision and just repeating it’s in the rules adamant it was correct. When really it was shocking all along - yet again another wrong statement from you after accusing me of going in on 3/4 of the caf.

I'm flattered by the attraction and attention but please learn to follow threads and understand what people write.
Oh I remember, Still acting high and mighty about the offside and bringing it into here I see. Even though the decision was wrong and you still don’t see it.

as for the amount of ifs you used, yeah great but your original comment was obviously bizarre when I had no idea what he meant by it. You obviously did straight off the bat, well done.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Oh I remember, Still acting high and mighty about the offside and bringing it into here I see. Even though the decision was wrong and you still don’t see it.

as for the amount of ifs you used, yeah great but your original comment was obviously bizarre when I had no idea what he meant by it. You obviously did straight off the bat, well done.
So why not look for context instead of jump into a different thread to imply I called him a racist?

Pagh Wraith

In Germany, and also in Sweden, the W is double V not double U. Same where i come from, look at it, it's 2 Vs put together to form a W, not 2 Us!
In German the D often sounds like a T.
German has final devoicing so shed would be pronounced shet by a German who isn't proficient in English. Swedish does not as far as I know. It's a reach anyway. He clearly said voodoo shit.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So why not look for context instead of jump into a different thread to imply I called him a racist?
Because the context was the conversation. Someone asking what does he mean by voodoo shit and you coming out with it’s obvious and we all know implying it’s something darker straight away when I literally had no idea what it was, following that up with a lot of ifs Is great but the conversation had already turned to it must be racism if he bit that hard and the donkey sillyness. You were just adding to that fire.

As for following you :lol: I’m sorry, I didn’t realise it was you I disagreed with about the offside at the time I quoted you. Disagreeing with you twice in a week must mean I’m in love!! Don’t think I’ve ever replied to you before or do you have more fond memories of our interactions?

Pagh Wraith

Ask the average person on the street and they'll instantly associate 'voodoo' with 'Africa'. You know that and I know that. Stop trying so hard to be a try-hard PC guy.
To be fair, if I think voodoo, I think Haiti and Haiti only. Not sure if the Africa connection is what is immediately on everyone's mind even if it originated there.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
German has final devoicing so shed would be pronounced shet by a German who isn't proficient in English. Swedish does not as far as I know. It's a reach anyway. He clearly said voodoo shit.
Yeah, not in Swedish, so it all depends on which language he spoke! ;)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't think anyone is saying that practising it is a bad thing or an insult. The same way that there's nothing insulting about eating watermelon, but if I was to single out a black friend, unaware of his culinary habits, and state that he likes watermelon, it'd be problematic right?
Erm no, that would just be weird.

Edit: I had no idea there was a watermelon stereotype.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
I'm just not sure why anyone would think this is an acceptable thing to say to a black person, this is common sense.
"I feck you and your wife"
"I'll shoot you in the head"

I'm not sure why anyone would think this is an acceptable thing to say to another human, this is common sense.

That's far worse than mocking someone's cultural practices.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

I'm not sure why anyone would think this is an acceptable thing to say to another human, this is common sense.

I'm not arguing otherwise. And your point is now?

arnie_ni

I'm just not sure why anyone would think this is an acceptable thing to say to a black person, this is common sense.
It's isn't common sense though as evidence by how many didn't grasp the racial undertones, myself included.

Alot of us didn't automatically associate voodoo with that aspect.

Not everyone knows everything about every religion and culture ergo, not everyone can spot a racist insult right of the bat.

Fox outside the box

The video up there all but confirms he said wooden shed. The whole voodoo thing does not make sense. You don't go from that to donkey.
What? I don't hear that at all, seems clear he's saying "go do your voodoo shit, you little donkey, go do your voodoo shit".

If Lukaku was annoyed by the story at the time then Ibra will probably be aware of that because it was at the point where Lukaku joined United and would have been when both were then at United.

He's a massive wind up merchant so if he knows that annoyed him he'll be using it to really get to him and it clearly has the desired effect.

Can't get what a wooden shed would have to do with anything, makes no sense.

ReallyUSA

After talking to some of my brothers from different parts of the world, I concede. Here in America, if someone said some voodoo shit to me, I wouldn't take it as racial. I had my red, white and blue tints on looking at it. Zlatan done fecked up.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Their wording might be unclear. But their body language aren't.

Always that static headbutting thing..

I know clashing heads together to see who gets the bigger headache is popular among buffalo and oxen and so.

But why footballers always do that?

I don't think donkeys care doing that shit.
They seem the more tolerant species.

Fox outside the box

I thought so too. Even the donkey comment. A lot of white people constantly compare black people to animals - not good to hear.
Again, what?

Nice generalisation there along with a complete misunderstanding of why people use the term "donkey" as an insult. Other than specific, targeted examples that are obviously racially motivated, people calling people's animals as a way to insult them is incredibly common across every culture going. Fans have called various players donkeys for as long as I can remember. United fans often called Lukaku a donkey and it was nothing to do with race.

This is why open access to the Internet is dangerous, there are people ill informed enough to just go along with what you've said, which is complete bollocks.

Stop trying to force everything into a race war, it's so tiresome now. People literally go hunting for it. Also don't go and try and stoke flames in racial tensions and then generalise an entire race yourself, you just look even more of an ass.

Fox outside the box

After talking to some of my brothers from different parts of the world, I concede. Here in America, if someone said some voodoo shit to me, I wouldn't take it as racial. I had my red, white and blue tints on looking at it. Zlatan done fecked up.
It clearly isn't racially motivated, he's so, so open about it, laughing and joking, knowing full well everyone can hear him. That isn't fecking up its basically career suicide.

Footballers wind each other up, black footballers are just as exposed to that as someone else and no, they won't get special treatment and be exempt from getting grief on the pitch because that's just part of sports in general.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's isn't common sense though as evidence by how many didn't grasp the racial undertones, myself included.

Alot of us didn't automatically associate voodoo with that aspect.

Not everyone knows everything about every religion and culture ergo, not everyone can spot a racist insult right of the bat.
That's fine.

The problem is when someone says this is problematic, and instead of saying "my fault, my mistake" you start googling the distribution of voodoo practice in Sub-Saharan Africa/The Caribbean

Gehrman

Again, what?

Nice generalisation there along with a complete misunderstanding of why people use the term "donkey" as an insult. Other than specific, targeted examples that are obviously racially motivated, people calling people's animals as a way to insult them is incredibly common across every culture going. Fans have called various players donkeys for as long as I can remember. United fans often called Lukaku a donkey and it was nothing to do with race.

This is why open access to the Internet is dangerous, there are people ill informed enough to just go along with what you've said, which is complete bollocks.

Stop trying to force everything into a race war, it's so tiresome now. People literally go hunting for it. Also don't go and try and stoke flames in racial tensions and then generalise an entire race yourself, you just look even more of an ass.
People compare people to animals or calls them animals all the time

"You pig!"
"You fat cow!"
"You dirty dog!"
"Giggs is a snake"
"She cat in the sack"
"She's a cougar"
"Go on Tiger!"
"Gammon"
"She's my bird"
"Lone wolf"

Of course the taboo one is not alright, but we use donkey for clumsy players in general.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If it's not cleared up by now it's very obvious he says 'voodoo shit'. There's both the link to voodoo with Lukaku's mom and there's also no way he would pronounce shed in that way unless he had some obscure South African or Kiwi accent.

Withnail

It is quite amusing how no-one bats an eyelid to basically saying you’re gonna rape a bloke & his wife :lol:

Heated arguments though, people come out with the stupidest shit.

“I’ll feck your mum” was always a funny one, my instinctive reply was always “ew, really?”.
Because he said 'feck you and your wife' which is an entirely different thing.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

Not in this day and age.

UmbroDays

I think people need to realise the opinions of others doesn’t count.

There are racists married to races they’re prejudice about.

Thst being said, I believe Ibra.

Raredaredevil

Why does Lukaku need to even bring Zlatan's wife into this? That's pretty tasteless and pathetic. What has she gotta do with their feud? :lol: He is seriously a classless donkey who doesn't think before he opens his mouth.

Gehrman

Why does Lukaku need to even bring Zlatan's wife into this? That's pretty tasteless and pathetic. What has she gotta do with their feud? :lol: He is seriously a classless donkey who doesn't think before he opens his mouth.
Because Zlatan made a "your mum" insult.

Andersonson

on a side note, is there a way to insult Lukaku and mock his awful positional awareness and bad technique without having this very insult taken as racist? now I learn donkey is no good
Sure, just say he has terrible awareness and bad technique?
Zlatan started with Lukaku's mom. What does she have to do with anything?

Dve

If Lukaku said he was going to f... well, have sexual intercourse with Ibram´s wife, he´s not only a donkey. He is also a pig.

pablo__p

So during a game of football two ex-team mates have a go at each other and one threatens to rape the other's wife and kill the other guy.

The other mocks/alludes to "voodoo shit" which we have very limited insight as to what he meant by that (not having spent a year with them in the same dressing room) YET full focus is on alleged racism (!!!) of the latter guy.

Crazy times.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I guess it's because Zlatan started talking about Lukaku's mom so Lukaku retaliated about Zlatan's wife. Both are unneccessary low blows - I agree with it being tasteless but you are ok with bringing moms into it? (I am just assuming you were ok with Zlatan's comment since you didn't bring it up).

Posh Red

So during a game of football two ex-team mates have a go at each other and one threatens to rape the other's wife and kill the other guy.

The other mocks/alludes to "voodoo shit" which we have very limited insight as to what he meant by that (not having spent a year with them in the same dressing room) YET full focus is on alleged racism (!!!) of the latter guy.

Crazy times.
Did he not just say ‘feck you and your wife’?

Gehrman

Did he not just say ‘feck you and your wife’?
In the video posted earlier with the full episode it sounds like "I'll feck you and your wife". At the end of the day, I just consider it prima donna handbags anyway.