£40m for Ozil | Deal to Arsenal confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
People keep referencing RvP being a success as a reason we shouldn't worry about fitting Ozil in to the team, but isn't RvP's signing seemingly one of the main reasons Rooney now wants to leave?
Yeah I agree its strange logic.

It's also why Hernandez only started 9 league games and Welbeck and Kagawa had to play on the wing for the whole season. Signing Ozil would definitely have an impact on the rest of the squad, if Rooney left then it would be alright but unless that happens Chich and Welbeck are really going to struggle

Ish

Lights on for Luke
£40m for Özil??? Are you fecking kidding me? This transfer won't happen in a million years even if we go there and give each and one of the people at Madrid FC a blowjob. It could maybe happen if we were to offer £50m, but anything less than that is dreamful thinking. Either way I am still hoping my source was right about the Modric-transfer.
Indykalia?

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Indykalia?
Do you seriously think I would call some spastic twitter page my source??? I think many people would be surprised someone like me can get information like this. At first I thought it was pretty much just talking from this person, but after the Scholes return rumour became true I understood he actually get to hear one or two things from his position.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Do you seriously think I would call some spastic twitter page my source??? I think many people would be surprised someone like me can get information like this. At first I thought it was pretty much just talking from this person, but after the Scholes return rumour became true I understood he actually get to hear one or two things from his position.
Maybe you heard the same news as mattwing79?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Yes.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Well, mattwing79 says that we're going to hear some huge, exciting news between 4-5pm BST today. He's convinced of it.

He's a newbie, that's all I know.

Not much time for fake "ITK", so we'll see today.
Ok, mattwing79 is someone who's promised you all a transfer within a few hours? That's not much information. Well, I heard a couple of months ago (before the story went public) that we were working on getting Modric over. It's all written in a thread called modric next player down the drain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ozil.
Just the type of player we don't need, with Kagawa and Rooney if he stays around.

Bizarre.

acnumber9

Yeah I agree its strange logic.

It's also why Hernandez only started 9 league games and Welbeck and Kagawa had to play on the wing for the whole season. Signing Ozil would definitely have an impact on the rest of the squad, if Rooney left then it would be alright but unless that happens Chich and Welbeck are really going to struggle
And the reason we won the league.

Kaos

I wouldn't say no to a player of Ozil's caliber but I'll be extremely frustrated if we spend another season playing Kagawa out of position as a result.

acnumber9

Or you sign a big dirty spoiler, stick him beside Carrick and tell him to kick and smash all around him, win the ball and give it to the players who can play football. Let the creative types create further forward.
We could probably do with one with an intimidating haircut. And sharp elbows.

acnumber9

I think the problem with Ozil is that he just isn't Japanese enough. Germans who are Turkish are boring.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ozil.
Just the type of player we don't need, with Kagawa and Rooney if he stays around.

Bizarre.
He's a better no. 10 than either of them. If Rooney goes and we get Ozil I'd be over the moon. Obviously it won't changed our need for central midfielders but I've been an admirer of Ozil for a long time. He'd an incredible footballer.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Every time I see that picture of Ed Woodward it reminds me of Rick from Pawn Stars. If he bargains the same way it might explain our transfer issues so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.