£40m for Ozil | Deal to Arsenal confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

I wanted us to sign Ozil before the 2010 World Cup when he played for Bremen. I'd love to see him in a United shirt playing alongside Ronaldo. Did I say Ronaldo? Sorry. Meant Rooney.

Shimo

After being annoyed all morning - thanks Olly for making me not annoyed.

Swaters16

So we want Willian but Real are saying, hey take Ozil off us thanks, he's a little unsettled because we're essentially replacing him (well, not quite) and then we can buy Bale.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ozil is a player you can build a team round he's that good. If there's any chance we can buy him, it is a no brainer.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I do like how when United are linked with these players with some posters they suddenly become one of the top ten players in the world, and the player they wanted all along despite featuring nowhere when topics are made up regarding world class players or top tens! Good player, but not sure he solves your problem.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I do like how when United are linked with these players with some posters they suddenly become one of the top ten players in the world, and the player they wanted all along despite featuring nowhere when topics are made up regarding world class players or top tens! Good player, but not sure he solves your problem.

A very good player and yes, world class. Given Kagawa has yet to show why people raved over him in Germany, to me Ozil looks like a step up. As for solving problems, RvP didn't solve a problem last year, at least not our most obvious problem, but there's nothing wrong with continuous improvement.

Ozil + Fabregas would be a stepwise change of course, likewise if the + sign was followed by Modric or even Khedira/Kondogbia. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with buying Ozil though, especially if Nani's staying.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Look at the Ozil is the new Zidane thread. Look at the Ozil thread after the 2010 World Cup. Everyone would've loved to have gotten him back then, nothing's changed there. In fact just look at how many highlighted Ozil as the main danger man in the CL tie.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ozil's a completely different story though. The only reason he would never, in a million years, have been mentioned in a "realistic targets" thread, was because no one ever imagined he'd be attainable (simlar to Cesc actually).

But as Brwned pointed out, he's been wanked about here on the Caf for the best part since 2010.

NinjaFletch

I'm not sure what I find odder here.

The implication that Ozil isn't an excellent player or the implication that we should have a thread for every player in world football stating the Cafs changing opinion on them on the off chance that we're linked to them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Which players are you talking about specifically? Ozil and fabregas are top quality footballers.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If we end this window with Ozil and a Midfielder brought in, I'll be Lionel Richie.

As always with my stance on things like this thuogh - it's never going to happen.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
^sadly that

It feels that Moyes is suddenly strapped with 40M in his cough... warchest and just bidding top players without proper study whether his cough... warchest is enough

Cesc, Modric, Ozil, seems like FM to me...

and in my FM game, I always ended up with 18yo youth prospect :nervous: instead

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The Ozil rumour made transfermarkt.de and they don't usually post ridiculous gossip within their website. Apparently our interest is being reported by English and Spanish media, so there might be something to it.

It's not a coincidence that we're also (according to Telegraph and Daily Mail) in for Willian, as he and Ozil are similar players - advanced playmakers like Kagawa.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
So does Ozil play as a winger in the Valencia type position or is he an AM like Kagawa?

My only concern with buying Ozil is that it may mean the end of Nani at Utd, or are we buying him to if we decided to sell Rooney!

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
So does Ozil play as a winger in the Valencia type position or is he an AM like Kagawa?

My only concern with buying Ozil is that it may mean the end of Nani at Utd, or are we buying him to if we decided to sell Rooney!

That's far more likely.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Interesting, but possibly true as i can't see the logic of having 2 world class AM's in the squad.
We would only sign Ozil if Rooney was going although I think Kagawa might be a bit put out. That number 10 spot is supposed to be his, although I think Moyes is very much looking to play an inside left (which Kagawa can do) rather than an out and out winger. Every player we have to play that position (except Giggs) will cut inside.

Nani---------------Ozil---------------Kagawa
-----------------------RvP

Yes Please!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He doesn't solve our deep lying midfield problem that is true but such is his quality that playing in the number 10 position, he can transform games single-handedly.. has a lot more quality than Kagawa and Rooney in the hole and is one of the few players out there that is outstanding in international competition which proves he's one of the best players in the world if in the right team.

I didn't think too fondly of Fergies claim that if a good player becomes available you just shoehorn him in, but for a player of Ozils class, I'd make an exception - he's that good.

acrebo

^sadly that

It feels that Moyes is suddenly strapped with 40M in his cough... warchest and just bidding top players without proper study whether his cough... warchest is enough
Genuine question - is that honestly how you believe Moyes would behave?

I don't expect people to be leading experts on David Moyes yet, I'm certainly not, but give the guy a bit more credit than that...

Brightonian

We would only sign Ozil if Rooney was going although I think Kagawa might be a bit put out. That number 10 spot is supposed to be his, although I think Moyes is very much looking to play an inside left (which Kagawa can do) rather than an out and out winger. Every player we have to play that position (except Giggs) will cut inside.

Nani---------------Ozil---------------Kagawa
-----------------------RvP

Yes Please!
We'd be better off lining them up like this:

Ozil Kagawa Nani​
RVP​
Although I suppose it's academic given the fluidity of a creative trio like that.​
Also the fact that we're clearly not interested in Ozil anyway.​

Mainoldo

Even if we brought Ozil, Rooney will stay.. we will probably sell him next year for a cut fee but atleast it gives us time to replace him internally with Ozil. We will be crowded in the front department but we will have uncountable options. Valencia's productivity has took a major slide and I don't see Moyes using him much as an advance forward 3.

RedRover

Ozil Kagawa Nani​
RVP​
Although I suppose it's academic given the fluidity of a creative trio like that.​
Also the fact that we're clearly not interested in Ozil anyway.​
And havent offered Nani a new contract either.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Ozil Kagawa Nani​
RVP​

Although I suppose it's academic given the fluidity of a creative trio like that.

Also the fact that we're clearly not interested in Ozil anyway.

Really would mean business with that front 4. :drool: I think if we ever did sign Ozil it'd be a massive kick in the balls for Januzaj, though. It would undoubtedly make his chances of breaking into the first team harder, and I think we'd have to really consider selling Young and probably another winger in order to give him the right amount of time. The Rooney situation also becomes especially important for someone like Januzaj if we were ever to sign Ozil.

Mainoldo

Really would mean business with that front 4. :drool: I think if we ever did sign Ozil it'd be a massive kick in the balls for Januzaj, though. It would undoubtedly make his chances of breaking into the first team harder, and I think we'd have to really consider selling Young and probably another winger in order to give him the right amount of time. The Rooney situation also becomes especially important for someone like Januzaj if we were ever to sign Ozil.
Would he not learn grantely from having Ozil around? Could only inspire him. His still only 18/19.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Genuine question - is that honestly how you believe Moyes would behave?

I don't expect people to be leading experts on David Moyes yet, I'm certainly not, but give the guy a bit more credit than that...
I do not know to be honest, his past records hasn't really reflected much on big name signing

But trying to look at it on a bigger perspective, it really seems that we're just bidding from top 3 best midfielders available moving from no.1 to no.x

I hope not, but till this moment, it doesn't bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.