Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

jungledrums

All this "Oh I hope he plays because they'll have no excuse when we beat them" is the biggest load of bollocks.

He's one of the best strikers in the world. Aguero out = good, and no phony bravado will convince me otherwise.
Perhaps they aren't posting to convince you, mate.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Actually, I hope City sign Messi, Ronaldo and Bale so when we beat them it will be better.

carlosp

When will the FA panel review if the elbow was illegal?

According to what I have seen, Aguero might not even be charged as the ref saw the incident and decided it wasn't violent conduct.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...all-news/man-city-video-aguero-elbow-11813268

Sergio Aguero could avoid retrospective punishment for an apparent elbow on Winston Reid - due to referee Andre Marriner’s positioning when the incident took place.

The official had a clear view of the altercation - but did not consider it to be violent conduct at the time - allowing play to go on.

If Marriner confirms he did see the incident it does not automatically mean Aguero will escape punishment, but the likelihood is that no further action will be taken - which is City’s hope ahead of Guardiola’s first meeting with Jose Mourinho in their new jobs.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'd prefer my clubs players to do that. I've got no time for international football and it's so annoying when one of your sides key players picks up an injury whilst playing or training with their country.
Same.

That said, my country is so shit, we probably wouldn't qualify for anything even if the half the world was obliterated by a nuclear attack. Fairly easy choice in that regard.

jungledrums

When will the FA panel review if the elbow was illegal?

According to what I have seen, Aguero might not even be charged as the ref saw the incident and decided it wasn't violent conduct.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...all-news/man-city-video-aguero-elbow-11813268
"Will he face retrospective action? I honestly don't know, because none of the officials witnessed that act. It's difficult to say the referee has not seen that, but he has not recognised it. Until the FA speak to the referee, we won't know, because he hasn't even given a free-kick."

Could still get the ban, irrespective of whether the ref saw it.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10556960/ref-watch

Dyslexic Untied

The importance of what the ref did or did not see in situations like this (dangerous, violent conduct) always strikes me as weird. If you elbow someone in the face deliberately you should sit some time out, regardless of whether the referee made an error or didn't see it at all. I understand in theory the principle of protecting the finality of the ref's call in football matches, but it just seems stupid to uphold that principle faced with situations of violence.

With respect to the actual situation with Aguero, I think it is a stone clear deliberate elbow which obviously should result in a ban.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If the ref saw that and deemed it not violent conduct then the ref should be sacked. Simple as that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Im convinced he ref didn't see it. He didn't even call a foul.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Adrian Durham just mentioned it on Talksport and said if it was Costa he would be banned, so think if they don't do anything there will be a bad reaction.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Judging by the opinion some people have of him, I get the impression they must think that's what he is doing. Is every player whose ever done something worthy of a red card in football automatically a cnut?
He's a person with a mean streak in him. He's thrown elbows and put studs into people before. It's not common but on a bad day he can do that.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
He's a person with a mean streak in him. He's thrown elbows and put studs into people before. It's not common but on a bad day he can do that.
Much like RvP. I(or some Arsenal fans I know) have no qualms admitting it, why is it such an issue with Bobby?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Adrian Durham just mentioned it on Talksport and said if it was Costa he would be banned, so think if they don't do anything there will be a bad reaction.
It is actually true though. I don't think the FA disciminate against some clubs and favours some, but I do think they have a certain mindset of "bad players" and "good players". Fellaini and Costa being prime examples of some bad ones.

If this was Fellaini or Costa we wouldn't even entertain the discussion of this not being a ban, since it would be considered inevitable. It is just because we are discussing a player who previously has been let off easily that we are even considering not giving a ban an option.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
How is it possible that we have so many people saying that it's not deserving of a red/ban? It's such an obvious incident.. People really do baffle me at times.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Had to check the Blue Moon forum after some of the stuff their posters are apparently coming out with. Wow these people are deluded. This was the last post I saw:

Marvin:
'Hoping this "calf injury" is a kick on the calf rather than a strain.

I don't think there is much to worry about with the "elbow" incident. When seen from more than one angle it's a yellow card at worst'

Fascinating how blinded people can be when it comes to supporting their football team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How is it possible that we have so many people saying that it's not deserving of a red/ban? It's such an obvious incident.. People really do baffle me at times.
Either one eyed, or just clueless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If the ref saw that and deemed it not violent conduct then the ref should be sacked. Simple as that.
Even the most one eyed fan would admit it was a free kick. The ref didn't give that, so clearly missed it completely. Slightly worrying as he must have been looking right at the incident

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Much like RvP. I(or some Arsenal fans I know) have no qualms admitting it, why is it such an issue with Bobby?
I'm not going to admit to something I don't believe. In all the time I've seen Aguero I've never believed him to be a dirty player, especially for someone who is often on the receiving end of rough treatment and shithouse challenges. I'll happily admit when I think otherwise, Toure for example can do some pretty nasty challenges. With Aguero the only two genuinely bad things I've seen are the stamp on Luiz, where he was clearly provoked and stupidly retaliated, and the elbow yesterday on Reid.

carlosp

Im convinced he ref didn't see it. He didn't even call a foul.
Yeah, when I saw it yesterday in the replays/gifs, it looked like the ref turned his head as Aguero throws the elbow so I can't see how he saw it as some 'pundits' are calling it.

Should go for review and should be a 3 match ban.

I saw one pundit say, 'but the elbow didn't catch him, although his had grazes the face.'

It doesn't matter, the intent was there and if I remember correctly, the rules says the player can be banned for intent ala diving in for a tackle that the other player jumps over, the offending tackler can be carded.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Same.

That said, my country is so shit, we probably wouldn't qualify for anything even if the half the world was obliterated by a nuclear attack. Fairly easy choice in that regard.
Woah, never figured you were English.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Had to check the Blue Moon forum after some of the stuff their posters are apparently coming out with. Wow these people are deluded. This was the last post I saw:

Marvin:
'Hoping this "calf injury" is a kick on the calf rather than a strain.

I don't think there is much to worry about with the "elbow" incident. When seen from more than one angle it's a yellow card at worst'

Fascinating how blinded people can be when it comes to supporting their football team.
Happens with us to so, you can't really blame them.

RyRy11

Some people on here need to calm down. Yes he should have been red carded, yes its a ban, yes if it was Fellani or Costa he'd be missing 3 games already. However, its not worth getting invested in this as much as some of you are, if their next 3 fixtures were Bournmouth, Watford and Palace no one would bat an eyelid either way. Let the FA deal with it and live with the result. People are sounding very rawkish with all this "He's a shit house" etc.. He's a great player and hardly a Costa/Suarez type player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not going to admit to something I don't believe. In all the time I've seen Aguero I've never believed him to be a dirty player, especially for someone who is often on the receiving end of rough treatment and shithouse challenges. I'll happily admit when I think otherwise, Toure for example can do some pretty nasty challenges. With Aguero the only two genuinely bad things I've seen are the stamp on Luiz, where he was clearly provoked and stupidly retaliated, and the elbow yesterday on Reid.
Getting barged around a bit by Luiz probably didn't warrant a 2 foot jumping stamp though did it.
If you're honest.

MAME DIOUF 32

Generally the defence on elbows is that the player is gaining leverage as he jumps. Aguero isn't even jumping, so there's no reason at all for him to throw an elbow into Reid's face. There is absolutely no question that it's a ban for violent conduct and there's no excuse for the FA not charging him tomorrow.

Baxter

Exactly. It would arguably better for him to say he didn't see it even if he did, it's so blatant. Anyway, the rules are mental. Some decisions are split second and footage can make things clearer, and it's ridiculous that you can get off with a red card offence if the ref saw it and did nothing.

IFC 1905

Bloody hell, Aguero. I can't stand the little scrote but I was looking forward to us being properly tested against City and Aguero, no matter how horrible of a git he is, is probably the best forward in the league and always shows up against us. I wanted both United and City to have their best possible 11's for the spectacle, but it's his own fault so no use complaining.

As always with your snide digs at United, your politeness is off the scales.

I didn't know you were a United fan!

It's kinda weird because Aguero is one of my Idols and I always supported United since I was a little kid. Both teams (my city's team and United) are known as the Red Devils :D

I always wanted him to join United. Recently I read Ferguson saying he could have come but he thought it was too expensive back in the Atletico days. Didn't like at all when he went to City but well...I support him. I watch City just because of him and when he's subbed it's game over.

Aguero isn't a dirty player at all. He has his moments, I have to say. But comparing him to Costa where you have tons of images of him fighting and compilations all over youtube is even funny :lol: Some institutions (don't know the FA) may have that into consideration. I hope he ins't banned, wanna watch him at the Derby. I'll be happy if he scores a double and we beat them 3-2 :D I want to beat City with their best XI, that's for sure.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Getting barged around a bit by Luiz probably didn't warrant a 2 foot jumping stamp though did it.
If you're honest.
Not in isolation, although most fans would concur Luiz deserved to be on the receiving end of a less than pleasant challenge for a change. One or two bad moments do not define a player though.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Mourinho needs to get on the horn to Knobhead Castles asap. We need a comparison piece on the bans dished out for Fellaini and Schweinsteiger from last year :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not in isolation, although most fans would concur Luiz deserved to be on the receiving end of a less than pleasant challenge for a change. One or two bad moments do not define a player though.
I think all competitive players are capable of some dirt on their day.
Even Mata put in a couple of dirty trips last year. However, as much as there was a "it's Mata, he's not dirty" outcry at his early red card in whatever game it was, there needs to be a concentration on the crime and not the player.

That's why you can't have someone like Aguero, a very high profile player getting away with such an obvious elbow. It sends a bad message out.

Moonred

True. Don't think Aguero is a dirty player in regular terms. But he does have this habit of being an odious prick sometimes. Gets edgy when he doesn't score and sulks eventually doing something stupid. Now ban him.

Atay

Kinda surprised that some of our fans still want him to play in the derby. These games are crucial even at this early stage of the season so any chance of a weakened side then I would take that in a heart beat to make sure we get the points. Of course if the game was a dead rubber towards the end of the season where city were out of the title race and united were a healthy number of points above 2nd then sure would like to see both with the strongest teams.