5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickfoley

I'm fine with him taking risks in his passes to create something, similar to Pogba too. This style is better than what an attacking player like Mata keeps doing, taking the easiest sideways passes and hardly going for the risk. We sign these forwards to take the risks, not to take it simple!
Exactly, to play an effective form of counter attacking football we'll need our attackers to be fearless in their passing and take chances. Playing safe has slowed down our counter attacks numerous times under Mourinho.
Herrera has been a pro active passer but his range is very limited and application is not there. Mata is at his best when we are trailing as he's more direct and fearless in those periods of play. I just hope we get a proper left back that can link up with Sanchez/Martial as not having one will somehow limit the potential of a world class left flank.

AgentP

Can't wait to see him link up with our best players. Lukaku and Martial will benefit the most.

svastian99

Alexis has yet to adapt to her new teammates and the Mou system. I do not think he plays more than half of the game, maybe the second half.
The good thing is that whenever he plays at Wembley he scores a goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not taking anything away from the Professor, other than his English being ridiculously bad for a person living in the country for 20 odd years! He is hardly fluent in English when his accent is so thick and when he strives to find ze right words in every other sentence.
I think you're confusing fluency and accent here. Wenger speaks proper english and is very fluent in it. He just has that strong French accent which is understandable.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
He lost the ball too cheaply too often and didn't offer enough in terms of dribbling and shooting. On the other hand he worked hard, showed a few lovely touches and was only our creative outlet for much of the match. Average doesn't mean bad, he was a long way from bad, but if you think his performance yesterday was 'top class' then you will lose your mind over how good he can be on a good day.
The thing is you have to look at the pitch, the time he had with his teammates and his obvious "trying too hard mentality" because it was his debut and he knew he had a lot of eyeballs on him. He could have easily played the simple game out trying and looked better by not losing those balls but that's now why we bought him and that's not want Sanchez has done. He is like a prime Wayne Rooney in that regard, his stats of losing the ball, misplaced passes will always look like that and asking him to be something else will not suit his game either. He will obviously get better with his teammates after training with them but don't expect it to happen just yet.

He had a solid 7 game where he could have had 2 or more assists. Let's give him credit, shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

svastian99

If Mou believes he loses a lot of balls, he will tell him and he will try to improve, but I do not think he changes his mentality of always wanting to attack. For now it's a matter of time, we have to be realistic Alexis is not 100% and he needs time to adapt to the team and the style of play.

I'm not sure if Mou lets him play the 90 minutes of the next game against the Spurs.

Loublaze

ATLien
Not taking anything away from the Professor, other than his English being ridiculously bad for a person living in the country for 20 odd years! He is hardly fluent in English when his accent is so thick and when he strives to find ze right words in every other sentence.
The man speaks excellent English!

svastian99

Alexis was born in Tocopilla, which translates as "The Corner of the Devil". He was destined to play for United.

PS. In Chile Oasis is more important than ManCity, they just met him with Pellegrini.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Look forward to seeing him play tonight. Good v Yeovil but Spurs away is obviously a whole different kettle of fish.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Good to see him smiling! Lingard also tagged Piers Morgan in that tweet :lol:
Lingard looks like a kid.
Not only is his body young looking, but so his face.
You'd never guess that he's in his mid-20s.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A player comes in and instantly looks the best player on the pitch (which he is), and people moan about giving the ball away? while he is trying to move the play forward? Stop scrutinizing for feck's sake. He created chances and had a lot of key passes, more than anyone else, by far.
Exactly!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Still not quite sure this is real.
Earlier in the week that's exactly what I was thinking.
A player of such quality that he can play in any attacking position!
I couldn't stop smiling to myself, when I was at the gym the other day and people must've thought I was mad.

On a related note, I don't think a lot of our fans understand how good Sanchez is.
If he performs as I think he will, then they will soon catch on.

adamwest

Have we had somebody with as much fight since prime Wayne or Tevez? Dude is an animal

Vilev

It's as i feared.
Typical "Di Maria syndrome". Sanchez is a great player, but when you buy someone like that, you must, simply must envision the exact way to use him. In this formation United simply does not work. Our left side is a disaster defensively as well. Trippier a RB is always against Young. Martial does not know waht to do. The whole thing is a mess.

This what you get, when you buy a great player, but have no plan whatsoever on how to use him.

Minimalist

Certainly not proving anything in terms of Mourinho's system just needing some spark to work better in the final third.

Really frustrating.

Skills

Snitch
Too deep defensively. Should be up closer to Lukaku so we can break

E-mal

For the overall benefit of the team I think we need to move Martial to the left and give Sanchez that free role.

Rossa

It's as i feared.
Typical "Di Maria syndrome". Sanchez is a great player, but when you buy someone like that, you must, simply must envision the exact way to use him. In this formation United simply does not work. Our left side is a disaster defensively as well. Trippier a RB is always against Young. Martial does not know waht to do. The whole thing is a mess.

This what you get, when you buy a great player, but have no plan whatsoever on how to use him.
You really believe this? Christ...

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
We've basically surrendered midfield with our lineup.

I guess this is why José prefers the conservatice approach with an added midfielder against top sides. Should've gone 4-3-3 with Herrera tonight.

Sanchez is always looking to try things, but he's absolutely starved of the ball so far.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just a bit redundant if we're going to utilise him from the left and chuck Martial on the right. We needed a right winger.

Kapardin

It's as i feared.

Its' his first game, and a formidable opposition and our forward players lost focus due to the chuckle brothers at CB making mistake after mistake. Calm down, Sanchez will eventually show his class.:lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It's as i feared.

??

Somehow I doubt this is the case.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully Jose's long term plan is not Martial on the right and Alexis on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.