Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's played two games with the team; one of which was ruined by shambolic defending. Even then he was showing some fight and trying to make things happen. Him and Valencia were the only ones taking any credit for me.

El Zoido

I thought he looked a cut above anyone else in our side, I felt quite sorry for him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I think making your league debut away from home to Spurs in 2018 is a bit of a challenge.

To be in that dysfunctional team must have been a disheartening start. I’m not entirely convinced it was sensible to start him today.

Sylar

He seemed to be the only one attempting to close down Spurs. The rest were jogging around whilst hes coming back, closing down, winning the ball, passing it, going forward turning around and seeing weve already given it away.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm still of the opinion we should try him alongside Matic and Pogba in the center. Or on the left/as a CF, with Martial one of the other, and Lukaku on the right.

He's an outstanding player
He is. I hope we don't waste his best years fumbling about with no coherent tactical plan.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He was poor and to be honest unbalanced the side.

martial has been incredible in that position recently, he also works better with young. Sanchez left young completely exposed.

Early days but the team was worse today because of him not better. But still obviously a very good player one bad game doesn’t make a bad signing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Man must have had déjà vu. He's in a black mirror episode where no matter which club he plays for, he only plays for Arsenal :lol:

Vilev

I just find it amusing that you think you know tactics better than Mourinho.
It has nothing to do with tactics. Sanchez can be used in different tactical schemes, it's obvious, he did play in different teams etc. The key here is this. When you buy a top player, you need to either built a team around him or ensure that he fits in perfectly.
The way it was done, it's obvious that Sahcnez disrupted the team. There can be no doubt about it.

That is what i am saying. That whole thing, Martial on the right etc that was an experiment. People are experimenting, when they don't have a clear vision of things, want to try something to see if it fits. That is almost literally a definition of "not having a plan".
Sanchez, on the other hand, is exactly the kind of player United lacked - a player that can make things happen against teams that park the bus. He has agility, quick feet and an eye for a pass. I think he is best suited centrally or on the right and play Martial on the left.
Great. So why did Jose put him on the left then?
It's kind of funny, you saying that it's amusing that i think i know tactics better than Jose, but here you are completely contradicting him on a purely tactical decision.

flappyjay

I just find it amusing that you think you know tactics better than Mourinho. Few shifted players around more than Ferguson did, but that worked pretty well - did he lack tactics as well? Rooney played striker, left mid, right mid, number ten etc.

The only thing I agree with, which is very sensible, is that star-grabbing will not work long term, and it will be detrimental to the club.

Sanchez, on the other hand, is exactly the kind of player United lacked - a player that can make things happen against teams that park the bus. He has agility, quick feet and an eye for a pass. I think he is best suited centrally or on the right and play Martial on the left.
I don't know it feels like lvg Di maria to me too. A big star available but no great plan on how to use him that's why you found Martial at the right today. Mourinho is wondering how to integrate him into the team without disrupting Lingard/Martial form. There's no point in getting Sanchez and we end up in a situation where we have to persist with Mata on the right. At this moment it looks like Mahrez would have been a better fit for the team despite the fact that he is not as good as Sanchez

Rossa

It has nothing to do with tactics. Sanchez can be used in different tactical schemes, it's obvious, he did play in different teams etc. The key here is this. When you buy a top player, you need to either built a team around him or ensure that he fits in perfectly.
The way it was done, it's obvious that Sahcnez disrupted the team. There can be no doubt about it.

That is what i am saying. That whole thing, Martial on the right etc that was an experiment. People are experimenting, when they don't have a clear vision of things, want to try something to see if it fits. That is almost literally a definition of "not having a plan".
Great. So why did Jose put him on the left then?
It's kind of funny, you saying that it's amusing that i think i know tactics better than Jose, but here you are completely contradicting him on a purely tactical decision.
No, I am not contradicting him at all. I'm saying what I would have done. What I am in no way implying is the nerve to think for a second that I know better than one of the most successful managers around. Mourinho is shrewd and knows tactics well. Martial has the tools to play on the right, but it never seems to work for him. I remember Rooney saying the same, he could play pretty much everywhere, but for some reason he could not understand himself, he never played well on the right wing. It was still experimented with, yet I doubt you thought Ferguson had "no plan"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: So Sanchez played one half as LW, Jose had no clue but just signed him to get one over City.

some of the comical theories are just face palm worthy.

herbert

Man must have had déjà vu. He's in a black mirror episode where no matter which club he plays for, he only plays for Arsenal :lol:
At Arsenal he could at least wait for that one little pass by Ozil.
There was no hope for such an occasion tonight.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Point blank refused to track Trippiier in the first half, leaving him in acres of space time and time again. Was so bad at it that we move Martial, a player who often gets subbed or dropped when we need someone to work hard on the flank there instead to try and fix the problem Sanchez was causing.

I come on here and people are praising him for his workrate. :houllier:

Vilev

No, I am not contradicting him at all.
Right. So what you are saying basically is that you have an opinion that Sanchez should play in the center or right, that is contrary to what Jose has done. But you yourself consider your opinion to be shit compared to Jose's because he is one of the best managers in game. Am i right?
I mean if Jose put him on the left, that means you are wrong to think that he would be better on the right side, no?
What I am in no way implying is the nerve to think for a second that I know better than one of the most successful managers around. Mourinho is shrewd and knows tactics well.
Well today's game beg to differ really.
Martial has the tools to play on the right
Says who exactly? I've never seen any evidence of that.
It was still experimented with, yet I doubt you thought Ferguson had "no plan"
It was not experimentation. Ferguson had a clear vision. And the way Rooney played with RVN and then in our great trio with Ronaldo and Tevez is a proof of that. Vision just takes time. But there was no ambiguity about Rooney's role early on (he was a second forward to RVN), it was a progression for there on, because RVN was getting older and left, because Ronaldo in a more of winger striker. But even then Fergie knew that Rooney's ability to work hard and his overall work ethic would compensate Ronaldo's certain lack of thereof and these things will balance each other out.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Only player who actually showed any sort of quality and desire. This thread should be seeing no activity. Go discuss our real problems.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think making your league debut away from home to Spurs in 2018 is a bit of a challenge.

To be in that dysfunctional team must have been a disheartening start. I’m not entirely convinced it was sensible to start him today.
Just a bit! He’ll come good. Knee jerk comments tonight about how he played and how he was used will look very silly, very soon.

XH6

He looked fairly average at Arsenal during the first few months of the season whenever I watched them. I assumed he would get back to around his 16-17 level once he got his move away, but he didn't look anywhere near that today. It's obviously too early to judge either way, but I'm interested to see if his first half of the season at Arsenal is simply the level of player he is right now or if he'll get back to his peak form now that he might be more motivated or surrounded by better players.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Made runs, showed some movement, good with close control, kept going despite shite fouls but you can't make a silk purse with a sows ear. He was 'ok' tonight, most of his teammates were fecking awful (as was selection and formation).

Same as Pogba, he'll be fine if played in right position with right team formation/tactics and don't try to shoehorn him into something.

Canagel

He worked hard and I can't fault his effort. The only one really. Obviously it'll take a few games for the players to understand how he plays and vice versa so no problems with Alexis.

settembrini

He was poor and to be honest unbalanced the side.

martial has been incredible in that position recently, he also works better with young. Sanchez left young completely exposed.

Early days but the team was worse today because of him not better. But still obviously a very good player one bad game doesn’t make a bad signing.
Good post.

It was incredibly disappointing to see Martial shunted across to the right to make room for Sanchez only for Sanchez to offer less than what Martial normally provides.

Our right wing has been weak all season, if Mourinho won't play Sanchez there then we have created a problem, not solved one.

peridigm

I'm not overly bothered by his lack of contribution tonight. He did show some of what he is capable of but when you're surrounded by the shite we put out tonight, Messi or Ronaldo wouldn't have done any better.
It's been his 2nd game but I did expect us to be rolling with him added. We just look so disjointed as a team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought he looked a cut above anyone else in our side, I felt quite sorry for him.
I thought this too, didn't see it as a bad performance.

It's just hard to do much against a good team, when you're under the cosh, and having to pick the ball up in your own half the whole time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good post.

It was incredibly disappointing to see Martial shunted across to the right to make room for Sanchez only for Sanchez to offer less than what Martial normally provides.

Our right wing has been weak all season, if Mourinho won't play Sanchez there then we have created a problem, not solved one.
This is the big concern.
We know Martial isn't at his best over there, and Sanchez we all heard can play all over.
Then to mix the two up seemed strange.

Ban

Good post.

Well Martial got back to the left in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.