Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Good to see I wasn’t completely imagining the fact we looked great between their first and second goals. The less said about the rest of the game the better but that opening blitz does bode well for the future.
That vid also shows Kane fouling him twice and potentially preventing counter attacks which ties into the pressing and refs thread.

I think Jesse could have done a little better with that chance, should have rounded Lloris.

Litch

The forum is absolutely unbearable after a loss.

He was the only one that looked like trying, running, trying to get the ball back. evey other player (midfield onwards) downed tools.
That's why normally I avoid it as the vultures start circling with knee jerk comments about the players that they already had a negative view before we signed them.

Acole9

Outstanding
I keep seeing comments on here, from pundits etc. that he gave the ball away a lot therefore he had a bad game. He gives the ball away a lot even when he's having a good game, he plays risky passes which to be honest I'm happy for him to do because it means we're not playing the ball side ways or back to the goalkeeper.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be fair, Martial did look a little threatening on the right. He had two really good runs in the first half, one effort which he skied over and the other forced a save out of Lloris. But yes, I agree, Martial on the left makes too much sense. I've been saying it for quite a while now, but I'd like to see Sanchez central and Lingard on the right. That brings more balance to the team I reckon, both when attacking and in defending the full backs runs.
The thing that I wondered, was do we actually now have too many players who like to run with the ball. Sanchez, Lingard, Martial and Pogba all in together.

Completely not the game to judge it on though. Let's see how it fares against Huddersfield.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Think he had a good game yesterday. It will take some time for him to get adjusted with our play, but i think he's going to be awesome for us.
If anything, he looked too sharp for his teammates.

It does take time for players to gel though. I think some people massively underestimate that.
Simple things like knowing if your man is going to push into space or want it to feet.

el3mel

Maybe we were trying so hard to make him feel at home yesterday that we decided to emulate Arsenal ? :D

Cliche Guevara

I thought he was different class, to be honest, but got booted up and down the pitch all night. Was disgraceful.

I don’t see why the utter shit-show from the rest of the team should reflect poorly on him. He’ll be phenomenal for us, exactly what we need.

Kapardin

Maybe we were trying so hard to make him feel at home yesterday that we decided to emulate Arsenal ? :D
If we draw PSG or Barca in the CL and Jones-Smalling decide to do what they did yesterday, I'd say a 10-2 is very much on the cards.

Godfather

I thought he was different class, to be honest, but got booted up and down the pitch all night. Was disgraceful.

I don’t see why the utter shit-show from the rest of the team should reflect poorly on him. He’ll be phenomenal for us, exactly what we need.
Surely he wasn't different class though was he. I mean I understand the tendency for fans to overrate newly purchased players in the first few games but he surely wasn't much better than the rest yesterday.

Cliche Guevara

Surely he wasn't different class though was he. I mean I understand the tendency for fans to overrate newly purchased players in the first few games but he surely wasn't much better than the rest yesterday.
He was a level above every one in our team. Time and again his little layoffs were lovely. He moved the ball so cleverly. He was pretty much our only creative player. What did people expect him to do, take on the entire Spurs team himself? I don’t know what people want sometimes.

And if I thought he played shit believe me I’d say it.

Greck

I keep seeing comments on here, from pundits etc. that he gave the ball away a lot therefore he had a bad game. He gives the ball away a lot even when he's having a good game, he plays risky passes which to be honest I'm happy for him to do because it means we're not playing the ball side ways or back to the goalkeeper.
Let me put it this way. If Martial/Rashford played the exact game their threads would be littered with abuse, unfairly.

He rightfully gets a pass as it was his first game and his track record shows a history of class

Devil81

Different class??

They were all awful, him included.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Good to see I wasn’t completely imagining the fact we looked great between their first and second goals. The less said about the rest of the game the better but that opening blitz does bode well for the future.
I think as a team, we were good in that spell. Lingard, Martial and Sanchez kept rotating and we looked good going forward.
Jones OG was a sucker punch.

hn4manunited

I don’t think we can judge how he did overall with him getting pretty much taken out every time he got the ball. It was a shame we didn’t pressure the ref calling those and get those tactical fouls in check.

eat_grass

He got visibly frustrated a few times during the game when his teammates didn't make the obvious/right play (Martial shooting high over the bar instead of feeding Sanchez for an easier shot; Young trying to force a pass to Lingard instead of handing it off to Sanchez, resulting in a turnover; Lukaku not making the right read/run).

Looks like Pogba is bristling at Sanchez taking over the offensive role he recently held, too.

Sort the shit out and let the world class baller run the show until he proves he can't handle it!

AgentP

I think we'll see the best of Sanchez tomorrow. The Spurs game was too early for him. He still needs to develop an understanding with his new team mates. You could clearly see that he was in a different wavelength compared to the rest of the team.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City

Think he had a good game yesterday. It will take some time for him to get adjusted with our play, but i think he's going to be awesome for us.
Picked up a couple things from that one, Sanchez played very well seemed to be playing with way more intensity then the other Man Utd players. Going to be a great signing for you. Two, Spurs are definitely the most favored team by the refs. Seem to kick lumps out of everyone and get away with it.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Utd need to learn to trust him with the ball more. Seemed like a bit of an outsider in the team tbh. But thats obviously because its just his first match.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If anything, he looked too sharp for his teammates.

It does take time for players to gel though. I think some people massively underestimate that.
Simple things like knowing if your man is going to push into space or want it to feet.
You can see he's on another level. So many time he had to instruct his team mates when to press and where to stand. They were so clueless but he alone cant do shit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No you weren't. After going goal down (well it's not even worth mentioning as it was after 10 seconds) we played good enough game with little passes between Sanchez, Lingard, Pogba and martial. Created some decent chances too and in almost all the good moves Sanchez was involved.

Second half we just gave up though.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I'm just worried that his arrival has forced Martial to the right, if I was Martial I'd be pretty pissed.

Norris

The thing that I wondered, was do we actually now have too many players who like to run with the ball. Sanchez, Lingard, Martial and Pogba all in together.

Completely not the game to judge it on though. Let's see how it fares against Huddersfield.
Sanchez doesn't really make messe like runs though. He's more about quick acceleration and turn of pace. Everything is usually in short bursts for him. I would say Lingard and Martial are proper runners with the ball and Pogba does it if he fancies it. More reason as to why I think Sanchez centrally makes sense for me.

Greck

Utd need to learn to trust him with the ball more. Seemed like a bit of an outsider in the team tbh. But thats obviously because its just his first match.
That's the story of our attack. There often seems like there's no plan. We just pass it around till one player decides to take the initiative and even then the player doesn't get adequate supporting runs, overlaps, players showing for one-twos. There's a reason '11 strangers' is a common phrase around here.

We aren't getting the most of Sanchez till we frame a basic plan of action on how and where to get him the ball and what the others do while he has it. I don't want to believe the coaching staff are willing to leave this stuff to the players to figure out.

Inverted wingers especially need support to overcome the predictability that comes with cutting inside

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Something he needs to work on is that Rooney Hollywood pass. Noticed it in the cup game and against Spurs and it’s fecking awful. Just lofts it high in the air for it to take an age to get where it’s supposed to be going then its dropping from height. So is giving all the opposition an age to get there and then have a run on to it. Hopefully that isn’t part of his game and it was just a coincidence.

Other than that I quite liked the little link up he had with Martial, they seemed to get the idea of a give and go and slipping passes in. It was only a brief moment but promising. Shame one will probably be on the right and the other the left.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Incoming hattrick for Sanchez tomorrow, don't worry about it guys.

Greck

In the postmatch conference, Jose said he tried to bring him closer to Lukaku in the 2nd half but Sanchez kept dropping too deep in search of the ball.

Didn't make sense that he wouldn't be happy about it as I thought he'd want Sanchez coming deeper to help plug the void between the midfield and attack. Then you factor what we saw on the day and one has to guess the plan was to hoof it to Lukaku and have him flick it on for Sanchez.

Surely there must be more creative uses of his talents. We now have a strong enough team to try and play football on the ground

Traub

I think we will see him at LW till he learns the team a bit better. Once there's a good understanding, I think (hope!) he'll be roaming behind Lukaku.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I've been saying this from the beginning, Sanchez is going to be LW. Mourinho is not a sentimental fool like the fans, he knows that he's got to play his best player in his best position. Martial one day may match Sanchez's level, he isn't there yet.

Deleted member 101472

I’ve noticed him giving a lot of “instructions” and can’t really work out what it is he wants the players to do?

kiristao

Has been very good. Maybe we should sacrifice Lingard and play him in that role with Martial on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.