5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

Sanchez might not have caught a lot of eyes today, but he was very very important today. Yes, he looses the ball a lot, but he brings in more than just his game to the pitch. He rallies the midfield to push up constantly, that makes the defense to push up. When he gives away the ball, he does not sulk, instead goes chasing the players like a hound and try to get it back. He tries to pick out players making a run without fear. I'm big fan of Martial and know he's been like the best player for the past month, but at this moment Alexis brings way to much onboard than Martial for that Spot. I'd be happy to see Martial play on the other side.
Playstyle reminds me a lil' bit of Di Maria. Lose possession a lot, but in return, always try to make a lot more incisive passes to no end. High energy up and down, can be frustrating to watch when it's not clicking, then suddenly he make those magical passes. That's all the similarities though. Alexis brings a lot more to his game for us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whatever way you look at it - he’s clearly going to deliver more than Mkhitaryan.

And I’m sure once he’s settled and developed some understanding in a somewhat settled team he will put up the numbers he’s known for.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Whatever way you look at it - he’s clearly going to deliver more than Mkhitaryan.

And I’m sure once he’s settled and developed some understanding in a somewhat settled team he will put up the numbers he’s known for.
Without a doubt, he's got so much quality about him. I've not seen a player able to turn on a penny like Sanchez at United in years, his control in tight spaces is so pleasing to watch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can any arsenal fans tell me if he was as animated with his hands for them? Getting a bit sick of him pointing, waving, gesticulating after EVERY move. You weren’t bought to be a leader mate you were bought to get the ball and make things happen.
He was always like this for Arsenal, too.

This is why I've said he'll bring a lot more than just his qualities on the ball - he is a leader and pushes everyone of his teammates. Look at Mata. He was giving him bollocking after bollocking on his debut because he was - as usual during his time here - so reluctant to try anything dangerous. Now, he's trying more and more killer passes and moves, and whilst they don't all come off, it's better than when he was constantly passing it backwards and sideways.

He's also ranted at most of our players for their lack of movement so hopefully they take notice. Already I think he's improved Shaw as he was constantly having a go at his lack of overlapping runs and whatnot on his debut, and now Shaw looks more and more comfortable at running with the ball and overlapping Alexis. He's by no means perfected his off the ball movement and attacking contribution to the team, but I can see the improvements and I think Alexis has played a big role in that.

Deleted member 101472

He was always like this for Arsenal, too.

This is why I've said he'll bring a lot more than just his qualities on the ball - he is a leader and pushes everyone of his teammates. Look at Mata. He was giving him bollocking after bollocking on his debut because he was - as usual during his time here - so reluctant to try anything dangerous. Now, he's trying more and more killer passes and moves, and whilst they don't all come off, it's better than when he was constantly passing it backwards and sideways.

He's also ranted at most of our players for their lack of movement so hopefully they take notice. Already I think he's improved Shaw as he was constantly having a go at his lack of overlapping runs and whatnot on his debut, and now Shaw looks more and more comfortable at running with the ball and overlapping Alexis. He's by no means perfected his off the ball movement and attacking contribution to the team, but I can see the improvements and I think Alexis has played a big role in that.
Thanks, if this is the case then it’s brilliant.

Bobski

This Pogba-Sanchez potential problem is interesting. Shaw was left totally exposed for long periods yesterday, better teams will take advantage of Sanchez roaming everywhere. It happened at Arsenal, the opposition RB had freedom to attack at will. I mentioned Pogba because if we go to the system most are calling for, with Pogba on the left of a 3, tactical discipline is not his thing either, the pair of them down that side could leave vast amounts of space to be exploited.

How does Mourinho balance it?

desirere

This Pogba-Sanchez potential problem is interesting. Shaw was left totally exposed for long periods yesterday, better teams will take advantage of Sanchez roaming everywhere. It happened at Arsenal, the opposition RB had freedom to attack at will. I mentioned Pogba because if we go to the system most are calling for, with Pogba on the left of a 3, tactical discipline is not his thing either, the pair of them down that side could leave vast amounts of space to be exploited.

That is exactly why I'm quite honestly shocked that Mourinho perfers Sanchez on the left instead of right with Martial on the left. That way at least some balance would be restored. We'd have a really good left wing probably on pair with Sanchez in our setup and a really good right wing in Sanchez.

Martial is really quite underrated at tracking back so he'd cover "some" of Pogba's duties and Sanchez should get cover from either Matic/Scott/Herrera or who ever plays on the right side of midfield.

At this point in time, with using Martial on the right, we're probably crippling ourself and making the Sanchez transfer seem pointless.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

I remembered your previous post about it when I watched the game last night and you did have a point. Sanchez has a freedom and roams everywhere, something Pogba also prefers on that side. Looking at it from that perspective, it could be a potential problem, but of course, it is yet to be seen on the pitch.

Jose could balance it trying Alexis on the right with Martial on the left. Something most of the people wanted to see when we bought Alexis.

Stats have him down with 1 assist.
That can't be right can it?
Yeah, he has 2. The previous one was to Herrera against Yeovil.

Hitchez

Against lesser teams at least, this is not something we should be worrying about. Our quality in attack should be good enough to pin them in their own box.

Bobski

Against lesser teams at least, this is not something we should be worrying about. Our quality in attack should be good enough to pin them in their own box.
What you practice you take into games, what you do in games against lesser teams you risk repeating in the big ones.

Even against the lesser teams I am not sure you can have 2 players both going off message and doing as they wish. This is probably the crux of the issues with Pogba, he knows that with Sanchez in the team that he is going to be asked to take on more tactical responsibility. One of them is going to have to sacrifice.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This guy better score a couple goals tonight. Ever since he's come, we've gotten way poorer than usual. Needs to show that all this upheaval is worth it.

He's probably brought the Arsenal curse:(

marktan

He's got more work-rate than Martial but technically (dribbling) they're not that different and Sanchez plays more as a no.10 at a times whereas Martial actual sticks to the byline. Not sure what's better for us right now really.

Zoo

He needs to stop taking over everything and trust his teammates. With Pogba on that inside left channel he doesn’t need to come so deep to try and dictate play.

Trophy Room

He's been shit. Our performances have deteriorated since he's come in. Jose doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of him or the rest of the team at present. Its a shame.

Paul_Scholes18

He's been shit. Our performances have deteriorated since he's come in. Jose doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of him or the rest of the team at present. Its a shame.
Martial played well and we do miss him. Lingard also had good form so we lost them both by getting in Sanchez at the moment.

marktan

How about a front 3 of Martial - Sanchez - Lukaku? Unconvential but Lukaku is good coming off from the right as he can dribble and has a lot of power. We lose the traditional striker but they can interchange.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Done nothing. Had this performance been made by Martial or Rashford they'd plenty of people ripping into them...

Santos J

He was shite but the work rate is still there, not sure why he came off before Mata

AndyJ1985

Such a great player for Udinese, Barcelona, and Arsenal. But boring Jose and his shambolic tactics will make any attacker look useless.

svastian99

There is no chemistry with Pogba ... Mou must move Alexis to the right and look for a balance

__Martial____Lukaku____Alexis
______Pogba______Herrera
___________ Matic
__X____X_____X_____Valencia

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fair to say he's actually been a bit crap in all the games so far

BlahRules

Issue with Sanchez is instead of playing in the attacking 3rd he would drop deep and he has only Lukaku to aim for and we all know what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.