5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroManiac

I post this on the other Alexis thread but I think is more appropriate for this thread as this one is for discussing his possible perfomance.

I hope he gets to play as a second striker or number 10 most of the time. I don't want Martial to loose his spot on the left as he has been doing really good there.

I would like to see this.

Games again easy teams:

Lukaku
Martial Sanchez Lingard/Mata
Pogba Matic
Shaw Jones Baily Valencia
DDG
Again top opponents:

Martial-------Lukaku
Sanchez
Pogba Matic Herrera
DDG

or

Martial-------Lukaku
Sanchez
Shaw Pogba Matic Valencia
Jones Smalling Baily
DDG​

I think Lukaku plays really well when he goes toward the right side, and in a 4312 or a 3412 he can do that right side striker role really well. Valencia is enough to bring with on that right side so Lukaku don't have to hog the right line there.

Last edited:

haram

I post this on the other Alexis thread but I think is more appropriate for this thread as this one is for discussing his possible perfomance.

I hope he gets to play as a second striker or number 10 most of the time. I don't want Martial to loose his spot on the left as he has been doing really good there.

I would like to see this.

Games again easy teams:

Lukaku
Martial Sanches Lingard/Mata
Pogba Matic
DDG
Again top opponents:

Martial-------Lukaku
Sanches
Pogba Matic Herrera
DDG

or

Martial-------Lukaku
Sanches
Shaw Pogba Matic Valencia
Jones Smalling Baily
DDG​

I think Lukaku plays really well when he goes toward the right side, and in a 4312 or a 3412 he can do that right side striker role really well. Valencia is enough to bring with on that right side so Lukaku don't have to hog the right line there.
It’s Sanchez not Sanches!

Swift Football

Lowest performance rating of anyone in our squad.
He has downed his tools this season for Arsenal. Still, he has some 9 goals apparently, i thought it was more like 3-4 goals.

I am sure he will be firing for us, and I cannot wait to see his debut.

Antonedwin

i guess he will bench mata in permanent basis , they both have similar role ( free roam player who don't have specific position, attacking from every side ) but sanchez is superior in every attribute

i guess he will bench mata in permanent basis , they both have similar role ( free roam player who don't have specific position, attacking from every side ) but sanchez is superior in every attribute
The only thing that Mata is superior in is his ability to keep possession due to the very risk-averse style he plays when he's on the right wing. Sanchez will lose the ball a lot more so we might be exposed to more counters but we'll be much more direct and hopefully effective with him in the team. I'm not sure he'll play on the right but I'd like to see him there, I love Mata but it is pretty astounding how well we've done this season without having pretty much any cutting edge down the right

Antonedwin

The only thing that Mata is superior in is his ability to keep possession due to the very risk-averse style he plays when he's on the right wing. Sanchez will lose the ball a lot more so we might be exposed to more counters but we'll be much more direct and hopefully effective with him in the team. I'm not sure he'll play on the right but I'd like to see him there, I love Mata but it is pretty astounding how well we've done this season without having pretty much any cutting edge down the right
since sanchez will lose the ball more, i wonder if mou would go with 3 midfield, pogba matic and herrera/fellaini to give more protection , or go with 3-5-2
either way , mata/lingard will lose their position

Foxbatt

Now we have the ability by all our forwards to dribble past the opposition at pace. Imagine Sanchez and Valencia on the right flank. Non stop power and pace coming at you.

BigdaftGorby

To many people fixated with him playing on the right. If you watch how Jose sets ups and transitions you will see that his left side is very rigid but the right side (Mata, Lingard and now Sanchez) actually ends up pushing so far inside they play like a second No10. This leaves acres of space for the RB, although it does sometimes isolate the RB which is why you don’t see Valencia charging forward at every opportunity. If Sanchez does in theory look like he’s starting right he will push right in.

Norris

To many people fixated with him playing on the right. If you watch how Jose sets ups and transitions you will see that his left side is very rigid but the right side (Mata, Lingard and now Sanchez) actually ends up pushing so far inside they play like a second No10. This leaves acres of space for the RB, although it does sometimes isolate the RB which is why you don’t see Valencia charging forward at every opportunity. If Sanchez does in theory look like he’s starting right he will push right in.
To be honest, I really don't think that's a Jose thing. Mata used to drift in even under van Gaal. Lingard always makes a lot of movements, so he'll always pick up spaces to occupy regardless of whether it is central or on the flanks. Mkhi was the same. A good example to prove this would be Rashford. Whenever he is played on the right, he more or less sticks out wide, tries to take on his man and looks for good crossing opportunities either early on or from the bylines. I feel it's a case of individual preferences rather than a strict tactical instruction from Mourinho.

I'd like to see Sanchez start out centrally and drift out wide right with Lingard doing the reverse. Think they'll complement each other pretty well.

BigdaftGorby

To be honest, I really don't think that's a Jose thing. Mata used to drift in even under van Gaal. Lingard always makes a lot of movements, so he'll always pick up spaces to occupy regardless of whether it is central or on the flanks. Mkhi was the same. A good example to prove this would be Rashford. Whenever he is played on the right, he more or less sticks out wide, tries to take on his man and looks for good crossing opportunities either early on or from the bylines. I feel it's a case of individual preferences rather than a strict tactical instruction from Mourinho.

I'd like to see Sanchez start out centrally and drift out wide right with Lingard doing the reverse. Think they'll complement each other pretty well.
Yeah fair point, think we will see a lot of Martial, Lingard and Sanchez interchanging.

soad

I think he will start. The reason is that the next match is against Spurs and for sure Jose will want to give him minutes with his teammates before Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.