5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

He was decent in first half. Still trying to work before being switch to right wing which resulted in him stopping playing altogether. Basically at this point he just walking about hoping somehow a good ball was heading his way. No attempt to get involve or making run to help dragging West Brom defenders out a bit to create space for others.

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he was good the 1st 20 minutes, then proceeded to get worse and then may as well not have been on the field once he was on the right.

I still think people are exaggerating about his loss of pace though. He is still quick off the mark and got past a few players today with quick accelerations and turns.

He was never fast in longer distances.

His signing though shows the bigger problems in this team. We are far too individualistic in attack.

redIndianDevil

I really don't understand what the feck he is doing from the left flank, he is always cutting inside and occupying the central positions and he left he entire left wing to the right footed Ashley fecking Young meaning there was zero width on the left side and our right side is utterly non existent.

I still don't understand why he is not being played behind Lukaku and get Rashford or Martial in the left side, Lingard for all his skill is utterly incompetent at finding passes through the middle, which Sanchez is capable of.

ti vu

I thought he was good the 1st 20 minutes, then proceeded to get worse and then may as well not have been on the field once he was on the right.

I still think people are exaggerating about his loss of pace though. He is still quick off the mark and got past a few players today with quick accelerations and turns.

He was never fast in longer distances

His signing though shows the bigger problems in this team. We are far too individualistic in attack.
I agree. Feel as if people didn't watch him play much and expect a different player if they're complaining about him in long distance run. Alexis is good one vs one, but it's because it's about his ability to throw the defender off balance with skill to turn, rather than simply outpace them all the way.

El-Manos

I really don't understand what the feck he is doing from the left flank, he is always cutting inside and occupying the central positions and he left he entire left wing to the right footed Ashley fecking Young meaning there was zero width on the left side and our right side is utterly non existent.

I still don't understand why he is not being played behind Lukaku and get Rashford or Martial in the left side, Lingard for all his skill is utterly incompetent at finding passes through the middle, which Sanchez is capable of.
Good post, noticed this as well. Hopefully Mourinho will try this sooner rather than later. We need our wingers to retain the width and not continuously cut inside.

redIndianDevil

Good post, noticed this as well. Hopefully Mourinho will try this sooner rather than later. We need our wingers to retain the width and not continuously cut inside.
Our squad has all the answers but it looks like Mourinho is hell bent on not using them. West Brom have zero quick wingers and their attack is non-existent, Mourinho could have played Luke Shaw who might have provided actual width on the left side. At least Young would have gotten rest for the weekend match.

nesty

I'm starting to think we've made a horrible, horrible mistake with Sanchez. The clubs highest paid player and most of his performances have been absolute gash.

People are hoping and praying he's just bedding in (I thought the same) however as each game passes, my trust in him is slowly fading away..

Minkaro

Left wing was pretty much the only position (apart from goalkeeper) we didn't need to strengthen. Why we've brought him in to play there when he could be playing on the right or behind Lukaku, I don't know.

Trizy

I'm starting to think we've made a horrible, horrible mistake with Sanchez. The clubs highest paid player and most of his performances have been absolute gash.

People are hoping and praying he's just bedding in (I thought the same) however as each game passes, my trust in him is slowly fading away..
Ya.. he's kinda shite.

redIndianDevil

Left wing was pretty much the only position (apart from goalkeeper) we didn't need to strengthen. Why we've brought him in to play there when he could be playing on the right or behind Lukaku, I don't know.
Because Mourinho prefers individualistic players and has no idea or forgotten how coach an attack it seems.

Litch

That he could pass a ball to players in the same team? You don't need to be at a club 2 years to manage that surely.
Why didn't you post that last week when he seem to be able to assist in all 3 goals? If you fundamentally believe that, post that after last weeks game and your comments would appear to be pure stupidity. Somehow his royal Pep seem to think he might be able to pass to a blue shirt and I think those city players would turn his bad passes into good ones....hmmmmm

ti vu

Our squad has all the answers but it looks like Mourinho is hell bent on not using them. West Brom have zero quick wingers and their attack is non-existent, Mourinho could have played Luke Shaw who might have provided actual width on the left side. At least Young would have gotten rest for the weekend match.
We don't really have the answer. Shaw for the ability to run is the same as Young with his crossing. Hardly ever create chance himself.

While I can agree with you we need width and quality service from there (me and many people have been talking about for like 2 seasons now), I disagree on West Brom doesn't have quick winger. Phillips is quite quick and this game held width when it's possible. The West Brom full back is very good at offer width too supporting their few attack ( not talking about end product).

Our problem is that we can't trust our full backs. They suck at crossing and that goes to Young too is currently our best crosser of that bunch.

With Mata in the contention, the other attacking players must think they can replicate the play/quick interchange like vs Swansea thus hellbent on this kind of approach until it turns out to be Mata had also a ineffective game too beside Pogba Alexis's own problem. And with Herrera for his robotic quick pass in place of Lingard for his movement like against Swansea, thing got worse, as we seem to only hitting at brick wall

redIndianDevil

What's worse is he complains all the time when other players feck up, even though he does it constantly. He's a complete dick head.
Lol this a million times. It pisses me off too. I really don't understand how shouting at a fellow teammate is converted into showing "passion" or "character".

Brophs

The One and Only
It may well be my skewed perception, but I thought he seemed a lot quicker when he was at Arsenal. He seems quite sluggish now, albeit that’s not helped by the fact that he’s constantly going back into traffic.

redIndianDevil

We don't really have the answer. Shaw for the ability to run is the same as Young with his crossing. Hardly ever create chance himself.

While I can agree with you we need width and quality service from there (me and many people have been talking about for like 2 seasons now), I disagree on West Brom doesn't have quick winger. Phillips is quite quick and this game held width when it's possible. The West Brom full back is very good at offer width too supporting their few attack ( not talking about end product).

Our problem is that we can't trust our full backs. They suck at crossing and that goes to Young too is currently our best crosser of that bunch.

With Mata in the contention, the other attacking players must think they can replicate the play/quick interchange like vs Swansea thus hellbent on this kind of approach until it turns out to be Mata had also a ineffective game too beside Pogba Alexis's own problem. And with Herrera for his robotic quick pass in place of Lingard for his movement like against Swansea, thing got worse, as we seem to only hitting at brick wall
We didn't need our fullbacks to put in crosses today, WBA defenders are quite capable of snuffing out crosses. If our LB stretched the play by overlapping or taking on the fullback, Sanchez could have had much more space to maneovre but instead everything was packed. I have to disagree with you on WBA wingers, McClean is the slowest winger I've seen this season Philips is incompetent at putting in a cross.

redIndianDevil

It may well be my skewed perception, but I thought he seemed a lot quicker when he was at Arsenal. He seems quite sluggish now, albeit that’s not helped by the fact that he’s constantly going back into traffic.
It's because Arsenal play with a high line and are better at quick passing meaning Sanchez had to cover less space to attack but under us he has to pick the ball much deeper because of our deep defence and the necessity of our wingers to drop back very deep to protect the full back.

ti vu

We didn't need our fullbacks to put in crosses today, WBA defenders are quite capable of snuffing out crosses. If our LB stretched the play by overlapping or taking on the fullback, Sanchez could have had much more space to maneovre but instead everything was packed. I have to disagree with you on WBA wingers, McClean is the slowest winger I've seen this season Philips is incompetent at putting in a cross.
Smalling, Lukaku had some the better chance from crossing, not just this game.

The point is even the best defense against crossing can't deal with well executed cross. We don't lack ability to work our players into good crossing position or player who can win a a fight in attack a good cross. The ability to serve up chances is the problem.

It's because Arsenal play with a high line and are better at quick passing meaning Sanchez had to cover less space to attack but under us he has to pick the ball much deeper because of our deep defence and the necessity of our wingers to drop back very deep to protect the full back.
Or we have too many players who want to be at the end of of the pass than being the cog of the machine. It's not a deep laying defense by any mean other than the inability to work the ball up the pitch from the defenders themselves, and the little help they receive in some games.

DarkXaero

Can someone explain to me why Alexis is almost always playing so deep for us? He's always doing those chipped passes/crosses. I was under the impression that Alexis is a pretty damn good goalscorer, yet in his 13 appearances so far, we've rarely seen him in goalscoring positions...

edgar allan

Why didn't you post that last week when he seem to be able to assist in all 3 goals? If you fundamentally believe that, post that after last weeks game and your comments would appear to be pure stupidity. Somehow his royal Pep seem to think he might be able to pass to a blue shirt and I think those city players would turn his bad passes into good ones....hmmmmm
He had a good half against City, does that make up for the terrible performances in the majority of games since he arrived?
Judging him on a couple of good games and ignoring the average at best performances for the whole season would be closer to pure stupidity imo.

el3mel

He had 3 good performances so far, Huddersfield, Swansea and City. The rest had been pretty underwhelming and no doubt if this keeps on next season the criticism will be harsher and rightly so.

redIndianDevil

He had 3 good performances so far, Huddersfield, Swansea and City. The rest had been pretty underwhelming and no doubt if this keeps on next season the criticism will be harsher and rightly so.
2.5 good games TBF. Utterly disastrous first half against City should not be considered.

Gazautd18

Dumped Hazard for him in Fantasy Football.
Starting to think I've made a major mistake.

IRELANDUNITED

Why is he still starting?

It's possibly in his contract that if fit he starts. I was delighted when we signed him but i'm starting to think he's more hassle than he's worth, i'd either play him wide right or as a 10. The left wing has to be Martial's.

Camilo

Thought he was pretty crap today. Most of the first half seemed to be him picking the ball up from Matic for some reason, while a (presumably) baffled Herrera ran forward to take his place in attack. He's far from our only problem though.

Litch

He had a good half against City, does that make up for the terrible performances in the majority of games since he arrived?
Judging him on a couple of good games and ignoring the average at best performances for the whole season would be closer to pure stupidity imo.
So if a player arrived in September, no pre-season with the team and was only 13 games in, would you think it was fair to judge him? Would you think someone making reference to the 'whole' season when he's only been here for virtually a small part of it, it could be seen pure stupidity? I think we both know who is being a bit stupid don't we? Shall we wait until he's played more than a handful of games before we make knee-jerk comments cause we lost a football match....if you need a scapegoat, go to post something about Pogba and social media, his hair or something....or join the vultures always circling around Rom and mention his poor first touch, that's always well received when we lose too.

Last edited:

edgar allan

So if a player arrived in September, no pre-season with the team and was only 13 games in, would you think it was fair to judge him? Would you think someone making reference to the 'whole' season when he's only been here for virtually a small part of it, it could be seen pure stupidity? I think we both know who is being a bit stupid don't we? Shall we wait until he's played more than a handful of games before we make knee-jerk comments cause we lost a football match....if you need a scapegoat, go to post something about Pogba and social media, his hair or something....or join the vultures always circling around Rom and mention his poor first touch, that's always well received when we lose too.
Well you would assess his performance based on the 13 games he has played. You may not make a long term judgement on his ability but you can certainly judge him.
He has been incredibly disappointing since he arrived, poor for Arsenal before he arrived and he has played more than 13 games this season.

A few preseason games in Hong Kong may miraculously improve his form next year....or it may not.

Litch

Well you would assess his performance based on the 13 games he has played. You may not make a long term judgement on his ability but you can certainly judge him.
He has been incredibly disappointing since he arrived, poor for Arsenal before he arrived and he has played more than 13 games this season.

A few preseason games in Hong Kong may miraculously improve his form next year....or it may not.
But you'd be really stupid if you did assess it after 13 games. Would you think we were gonna win the league after only 13 games or would that be a stupid thing to do? Would you assess a player based on how they played for a club prior to here that's 30 points behind City or would that be stupid too. Shall we wait and see before you start stupidly spending your winnings on a lottery ticket you've not bought yet.

edgar allan

Hey, you like Sanchez that's great.
I personally think that he has completely underperformed this season and he was absolutely terrible again today.

He's not some young foreign inexperienced raw talent that needs lots of time to bed in to a new team, I would have expected that he would have demonstrated much more by now. He has certainly been incredibly overpaid for his performances.
No one is writing him off yet, but the signs are worrying. He certainly deserves to be dropped for a few games at least.

Sylar

Does he have the summer off? I really hope so

Biggest shame is we don't see him on the right and martial on the left with both swapping at times

KetilOwren88

He has not been good enough, but it’s easy to see that he is frustrated about the lack of urgency and movement in our play. Today he tried to wave the players forward and get the ball going, but nothing happened. He also gave Rashford a hairdryer for beeing too passive when he tried to find him with a cross in the second half. He’s got a point. We need more tempo and determination. Ronaldo would have scored on that cross because he would have attacked the ball and not standing still like Rashford did. Sanchez needs movement. Then he can link up and pick passes, just like the City game. He will come good.

Last edited:

Greck

is it so controversial to say a 29yr old isn't as fast/athletic as the 25yr old version of himself? He should be at the stage where he starts to supplement his loss of pace with craft. Stop trying to coral literally every pass and instead decide what to do before receiving it. Without peak level athleticism the payoff of hijacking every attack isn't worth it.

Hawks2008

He wouldn't have to run himself into the ground so much if he didn't lose possession every other time he makes a pass. Poor today.

Schneckerl

I hope he is gone and Martial stays.
The only reason he was signed was to piss off City anyway.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Think we need to mix it up and stop playing him on the left, it's just not working for him there and we have two great options on the bench who would be better at keeping the width and stretching the game. Play him off Lukaku with freedom to drift and get him in goalscoring positions because we know he can finish. Let Martial/Rashford provide width on the left.

I'd usually be inclined to agree with those saying he needs to be dropped. However I think these last half a dozen or so games are crucial in terms of working out how/where he is going to fit in next season, because at the moment it just isn't working.

haram

Posts like this would make more sense if he didn’t just create 3 goals against City. The whole team was shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.