5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

He's was dreadful, in fact, he was at Berbatov levels of disappointment.

Fingers crossed he can turn it around but looking at the way we play and his style of play, I just find it hard to believe he can.

Gonna sound a bit rash, but I'd be tempted to sell if someone made an offer this summer.
I don't understand why Berbatov gets so much stick. Yeah he wasn't amazing, but he made a good contribution and had some really good performances. Certainly not the useless flop that some people make him out to be.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even without looking at the stats, it's obvious he got more touches around the box at Arsenal.
Now most of his touches are around the halfway line.
It's not hard to see why he's struggling. I'm not sure of an attacker that wouldn't.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s obviously been a dreadful signing so far, but it’s also obvious that they guy needs another season to get back to his best. The people wanting him sold now are insane.

Miscemayl

He's been playing far too deep, he spends most of this time running between the half way line and the edge of the penalty, offering little threat.
Hopefully it'll get better next season - it's been immensely frustrating to watch him since he signed (apart from 1 or 2 great games) - lots of running, lots of effort, lots of losing the ball and hardly any end product.

Sterling Archer

He’s obviously been a dreadful signing so far, but it’s also obvious that they guy needs another season to get back to his best. The people wanting him sold now are insane.
He was out of form coming in and then add our own terrible form, definitely not conducive. I look at that second half versus City and semi against Spurs to get a better idea of how next season hopefully pans out

Brophs

The One and Only
One of the interesting narratives around him is that he loses the ball because he's so creative and tries things. Partly true, but it rather ignores that he has inexplicable Nani-esque moments of ineptitude under little or no pressure, where he can't play a 5 yard ball without missing by 5 yards.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s been terrible, there is no denying that. Hopefully he finds his rhythm next season, if not, how long is he on mega bucks for (contract length)?

Cathy Ferguson

Poor start to his United career. I thought he would transform our atacking play. He still has nimble feet but the speed is gone and it won't return. It is not difficult to imagine a quick decline a la Rooney.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I don’t understand the negativity. Changing club in the middle of the season. New system and new teammates. Give him at least six month to adjust.

I’m more then satisfied with him so far. Great player.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We just need to wait. Bring in new players so that he's not THE new player and then build from there. He's been too deep but United have to help themselves by taking more risks in the market. Mane would have improved us. Mahrez may have. Vardy may have. We brought Zaha in and he didn't get much of a look in. The likes of Sanchez should come good but he need many players and many departures. We are not a retirement home.

nesty

Dreadful start to his Utd career it has to be said.

Needs to hit the ground running next season.
Agree, especially the bolded part. A signing intended to be our star player. The one who has that extra bit of quality to win us games.

I'm not mincing my words in saying that he has been absolute dogshite since we signed him. If he doesn't show what he's worth 4-5 games in to the new season, I'll be very worried.

Cheekiey

Alexis gonna prove all you doubters wrong next season, can't wait to see him firing after a decent rest.

automaticflare

Agree, especially the bolded part. A signing intended to be our star player. The one who has that extra bit of quality to win us games.

I'm not mincing my words in saying that he has been absolute dogshite since we signed him. If he doesn't show what he's worth 4-5 games in to the new season, I'll be very worried.
:lol: Dogshite!

I agree he has been poor. I think our slow build up kills all our attacking play and for me that starts with Smalling being an absolute bus on the ball and Valencia and young cutting back inside every time even though Valencia is on his favorites side

We will see how he goes hope he is well rested and ready to come flying out next season

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Performs best as an advanced forward and fed with balls into space.

Tango80

He's been underwhelming but you can't fault him for effort, which is more than Mkhi ever gave us.

Problem we've got at the minute is we need more movement from the front 3 to create more space, more one touch passing and so on. At the moment he's trying to thread through the eye of a needle.

luke511

Anyone else get a sinking feeling in their stomach every time they think about this transfer?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
hes not been a dreadfull singing, he hasnt shown yet anything to justify his real abilities but ppl forget that we swapped him for Mkhitaryan, who was an absolute dreadfull footballer and signing for us, a player without spine, Sanchez is a winner. he might not replicate his best form for us due Mourinho and his antifootball but he will definitely get better and I am happy to have him rather than Mkhitaryan...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyone else get a sinking feeling in their stomach every time they think about this transfer?
No. He is a great player who had difficult season on and off the field. I have no doubt he will be very good player for us next season.

haram

He helped us stop City winning the title against us. Judge him next season.

Luke1995

He is missing someone in the midfield who links up well with him. That's the main issue. He makes good runs and put himself in good positions but the midfielders are too slow in their thinking to see space in a fraction of a second.

We need to sign Ozil or someone else similar to him.

FujiVice

So people are seriously thinking he turned shit overnight after being the best player in the country in 2016-17? Odd.

edgar allan

So people are seriously thinking he turned shit overnight after being the best player in the country in 2016-17? Odd.
He wasnt the best player in 2016 but he was excellent. It wasn't over night like Torres but over the course of a season the decline in form is obvious to all.
Sure we can watch highlight videos next season to remind us of the great player he was.

TheReligion

Abusive
He wasnt the best player in 2016 but he was excellent. It wasn't over night like Torres but over the course of a season the decline in form is obvious to all.
Sure we can watch highlight videos next season to remind us of the great player he was.
Players drop in and out of form

Tell me one January signing that hit the ground running?

Nothing to see here. He'll benefit the most from the summer off.

edgar allan

Players drop in and out of form

Tell me one January signing that hit the ground running?

Nothing to see here. He'll benefit the most from the summer off.
But he wasn't in form for Arsenal either this year. Dropping out of form for a few weeks might be nothing to worry about but a full season is.
Most of the team are away at the world cup so this magical restorative summer will be certainly tested.

TheReligion

Abusive
But he wasn't in form for Arsenal either this year. Dropping out of form for a few weeks might be nothing to worry about but a full season is.
Most of the team are away at the world cup so this magical restorative summer will be certainly tested.
Nothing magical about having a rest mate.

He's been at the club a few months. Let's not write his career off yet eh?

edgar allan

Nothing magical about having a rest mate.

He's been at the club a few months. Let's not write his career off yet eh?
Not writing anyone off , I hope he comes back next season and plays like a world class player.
I don't however see that fatigue was his problem last season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not writing anyone off , I hope he comes back next season and plays like a world class player.
I don't however see that fatigue was his problem last season.
Him getting a rest and settling in after a pre season with the club will only benefit him. Not sure that's up for debate - it would any player. He's had good games for United in patches so enough to see his form will return IMO.

Handré1990

I thought I read somewhere that he hasn’t had a summer off for like 3-4 years or something? WC, Copa, and something else. Don’t know if it’s true and not bothered to do the research, but I’m holding on to the hope he’ll come close to his best again.

edgar allan

Him getting a rest and settling in after a pre season with the club will only benefit him. Not sure that's up for debate - it would any player. He's had good games for United in patches so enough to see his form will return IMO.
I hope you are right, we are in desperate need of return to his previous form.
My point is that a bit of rest guarantees nothing. It didn't help pogba last year, nor Rooneys form for his last number of seasons with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.