5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cantaldo

Looks like another player that mourinho will have burned his bridges with, the whole thing about leaving him out of the squad and the reason behind it is just pathetic.

Wilson

I'm an Arsenal fan and watched him play virtually every match since he joined us until his departure. Have caught about 10 United matches since he left us. Can only really tell you that he was in decline with us for a while after a blistering 18 or so months (and he was exceptional during that period, particularly in the season where he scored a screamer in the cup final against Aston Villa). By the end he had lost pace, wasn't making penetrating off the ball runs (in part I think because Wenger didn't coach attacking structure into our team), gave the ball away an utterly obscene amount and developed something of an attitude in being unable to see his own feck-ups. Ozil was the better player for the last 12+ months with us and Wenger even accommodated Sanchez's drop in pace by playing him and Ozil at quasi #10s off a #9 (Lacazette in a 3-4-2-1) so they could drift centrally more and forfeit a significant amount of defensive responsibility. By the last 6 months, Sanchez really wasn't bothered and the other players seemed to be losing patience with his antics and drop in performances. He kept some outstanding link-up play with Ozil which was the one shining beacon of his last year or so. I haven't seen him pick up that type of connection at Utd with someone else.

It's quite the enigma to have a player who is terribly wasteful (albeit occasionally brilliant) in playing through passes but incapable of running beyond. Leaves his best remaining position as a #10 but you can't play that because Pogba can't play in a two. Sanchez doesn't fit on the wing a great deal anymore and as a #9 he has never been particularly great. Oddly enough he'd now thrive back as a second striker behind Di Natale as he had at Udinese. So I haven't a notion how you square this circle but this isn't purely some Mourinho mismanagement, you bought a player who has comfortably had his best days and has been on the decline for a while. Given his wages, it's a shambles of a transfer.

Needham

Thought he did well yesterday. No insensitive instagram uploads and stopped himself from smirking when we conceded. Definite improvement.

Sb_16

It worked dropping him didn't it, today went really well :lol:

Back in the team Tuesday then. Sorted.

We need to see what he's like under a more attacking manager before totally writing him off, as, Lukaku, Pogba, Martial etc don't especially look terrific most games.
Firstly, the tactics was a hindrance. Sanchez wouldn't have fared any better in that defensive lineup.
Secondly, we need to see what the rest of the attack is like before writing them off as well.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Mourinho’s supposed to be a good man manager, but not sure I see the sense behind this one, particularly if it happened post-Derby where he did not get off the bench. As I keep stressing too, his underlying stats aren’t too bad. We’re just not getting the goals and assists you would expect.

Canagel

Sanchez hasn't become a bad player overnight. Hes a top striker. Has good touch and lethal in the box. That's where he should play, not out on the LW. Still want to see under a different manager. We have no style of play currently and nobody has a clue what they should be doing.

edgar allan

Mourinho’s supposed to be a good man manager, but not sure I see the sense behind this one, particularly if it happened post-Derby where he did not get off the bench. As I keep stressing too, his underlying stats aren’t too bad. We’re just not getting the goals and assists you would expect.
His stats for running around a bit and giving the ball away have remained very consistent. Add in poor goals and assists and that isn't too good.

Cloud7

I wonder if he'll do the same to Lukaku.
Doubt it. Lukaku will probably back Mourinho to the hilt, as he would likely be shown the door by most other managers who are likely to replace Mourinho.

He’s essentially the united version of Granero, from when Mourinho was at Madrid, if anyone remembers those stories :lol: still some of the funniest stuff I’ve ever read :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No problems wirh this. Samchez hasnt been good enough

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think Sanchez should be playing behind no 9 just like how Griezmann plays, he doesn't suit Mourinho's type of wingers, he's more suitable in Mourinho's no 10, Mourinho tends to restrict his left winger but give a freedom to his no 10. And also his best season at Arsenal was when he played centrally and scored 24 league goals.

Fact is that I watched him play a lot in Arsenal and I did check his stats, he had the most through ball attempts in 2016/2017 PL, Sanchez likes to play through ball more than crossing the ball which indicates he shouldn't play as winger under Mourinho. We have been playing too many crosses to Lukaku or Fellaini & we have been forcing Sanchez to do something that he doesn't normally do at his best.

I always thought he would have been playing behind striker or on the right when we signed him but it ended up he's taking Martial or Rashford's spot. If we really did sign Griezmann last year, would Mourinho play him on the left as well? That would be a waste! Sanchez isn't performing right now because Mourinho isn't getting the best out of him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
His stats for running around a bit and giving the ball away have remained very consistent. Add in poor goals and assists and that isn't too good.
Sanchez is always going to give the ball away a lot. As long as the risk/reward balance is there, it’s not too bad. Players need to try and make things happen in the final third. It would be a bigger crime to be overly conservative with the ball.

I wouldn’t worry about a player’s number of assists, whilst their key passes number is fine. They can’t help their teammates finish the chances.

Goals are a bit more of a worry, but it’s a volatile stat subject to a lot of variance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sanchez is always going to give the ball away a lot. As long as the risk/reward balance is there, it’s not too bad. Players need to try and make things happen in the final third. It would be a bigger crime to be overly conservative with the ball.

I wouldn’t worry about a player’s number of assists, whilst their key passes number is fine. They can’t help their teammates finish the chances.

Goals are a bit more of a worry, but it’s a volatile stat subject to a lot of variance.
The problem is he isn't losing the ball by trying difficult passes most of the time. He loses it just getting it under control or trying to dribble away from people.

You can see he is struggling to adapt to losing some speed he used to have. He's just a bit too erratic.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No problems wirh this. Samchez hasnt been good enough
Hasnt been under Jose. I believe he's a top top player who could be a top 5 League player under a good manager. But then, ask yourself which of our players is currently in the top 5 in the League

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hmm it's worded badly but could easily be out of context. I imagine Fergie wouldn't have been shy about bollocking someone who wasn't performing well enough and for so long. Then again, Fergie has everyone on his side. This'll only make things worse with Sanchez and any other player who isn't a fan of Jose.

edgar allan

Watching him play so poorly since he arrived is a huge worry. A summer rest and a full pre-season and still no improvement.
I can only suggest that key passes stats have no correlation to the actual performance of a player.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I'm an Arsenal fan and watched him play virtually every match since he joined us until his departure. Have caught about 10 United matches since he left us. Can only really tell you that he was in decline with us for a while after a blistering 18 or so months (and he was exceptional during that period, particularly in the season where he scored a screamer in the cup final against Aston Villa). By the end he had lost pace, wasn't making penetrating off the ball runs (in part I think because Wenger didn't coach attacking structure into our team), gave the ball away an utterly obscene amount and developed something of an attitude in being unable to see his own feck-ups. Ozil was the better player for the last 12+ months with us and Wenger even accommodated Sanchez's drop in pace by playing him and Ozil at quasi #10s off a #9 (Lacazette in a 3-4-2-1) so they could drift centrally more and forfeit a significant amount of defensive responsibility. By the last 6 months, Sanchez really wasn't bothered and the other players seemed to be losing patience with his antics and drop in performances. He kept some outstanding link-up play with Ozil which was the one shining beacon of his last year or so. I haven't seen him pick up that type of connection at Utd with someone else.

It's quite the enigma to have a player who is terribly wasteful (albeit occasionally brilliant) in playing through passes but incapable of running beyond. Leaves his best remaining position as a #10 but you can't play that because Pogba can't play in a two. Sanchez doesn't fit on the wing a great deal anymore and as a #9 he has never been particularly great. Oddly enough he'd now thrive back as a second striker behind Di Natale as he had at Udinese. So I haven't a notion how you square this circle but this isn't purely some Mourinho mismanagement, you bought a player who has comfortably had his best days and has been on the decline for a while. Given his wages, it's a shambles of a transfer.
This makes a lot of sense.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Sorry for the late reply but you're not funding the salaries of the players as some sort of charity. You buy tickets to the game and the subscriptions because it's a form of entertainment. Would your outlook of the situation be the same if we were playing like City?
I don't buy tickets to the games. I do pay TV subscriptions, but I wouldn't pay for football alone, I follow cricket and tennis closely, and watch some other sports as well. However, I've drawn the line at subscribing to Eleven Sports, even though I enjoy watching La Liga, and when the ATP Tour goes on Amazon then I'm not going to subscribe to that either, or for the two PL games that they've got.

I can afford it, but it's just getting ridiculous. And there is so much hype surrounding the PL, the product can never live up to the level of scrutiny. Maybe it's just me getting old, but the whole culture of football increasingly leaves me cold.

ike

I imagine Fergie wouldn't have been shy about bollocking someone who wasn't performing well enough and for so long. Then again, Fergie has everyone on his side. This'll only make things worse with Sanchez and any other player who isn't a fan of Jose.
Fergie was never shy about the hair dryer treatment nor would he have tolerated anyone in the dressing room leaking info like this to the press.
Unfortunately times have changed. People are more "sensitive".

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Well, that's comforting. Cheers.

Eddy_JukeZ

He huffs and puffs, but doesn't blow the house down.

He's finished at the top level.

What position he plays is irrelevant.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Should be given run of games on the right side, alogside Dalot, if possible, since Valencia seems done.

marktan

He looked a lot better on the right today than in his previous games, but he looks like his touch and passing are completely gone.

I think part of it is confidence, I saw some decent dribbling on the right which show's there's something still there, but I don't know why 90% of what he does seems to end up with the opposition players.

Djemba-Djemba

I was one of Rooney's biggest critics towards the end. I thought particularly in the last 18 months Rooney was astonishingly poor and that was a time when he was on huge money possibly the highest wage.

Well Sanchez, who is also our best paid player apparently, has been even worse than Rooney at his lowest.

He's been an utter disaster of a signing and hopefully we can flog him as soon as possible.

Treble

He looked a lot better on the right today than in his previous games, but he looks like his touch and passing are completely gone.

I think part of it is confidence, I saw some decent dribbling on the right which show's there's something still there, but I don't know why 90% of what he does seems to end up with the opposition players.
He was very poor, one of his worst performances, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.