5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1

The only position for him in this team is up front. He's not a winger anymore.
He's always been a striker in my opinion.

His pace is over short distances so that's why people think he's lost pace because he's not a 15-20 yard man running past wingers. He's short, squat, agile over first few yards and quick movements.

If City played Aguero on the wing people would think he's shit and lost his pace too.

Get Sanchez up front

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Now that Martial has sown up the LW spot, we’re back to where we were in January. We al thought Alexis was bought to play on the right, and that’s where he should be.

Rashford should be first choice back up on the left and upfront, Mata should only play at #10 in easy home games, and Lingard/Alexis should share the RW spot.

yfoFC

Now that Martial has sown up the LW spot, we’re back to where we were in January. We al thought Alexis was bought to play on the right, and that’s where he should be.

Rashford should be first choice back up on the left and upfront, Mata should only play at #10 in easy home games, and Lingard/Alexis should share the RW spot.
This, this, this

It's really grating that mourinho just wasted 10 months trying to fix what wasn't broken and now we are right back to square one.. fitting Sanchez into anywhere but martial's LW spot

No matter what Jose goes on to achieve at the club (or most likely not), this is the one thing I will never forgive him for

And to think the man has the nerve to try and take credit for martial's recent form like it was his masterplan all these while..

tieunhilang

This, this, this

It's really grating that mourinho just wasted 10 months trying to fix what wasn't broken and now we are right back to square one.. fitting Sanchez into anywhere but martial's LW spot

No matter what Jose goes on to achieve at the club (or most likely not), this is the one thing I will never forgive him for

And to think the man has the nerve to try and take credit for martial's recent form like it was his masterplan all these while..
Jesus. Nearly every thread turns into a Mourinho-bashing these days. :houllier:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Jesus. Nearly every thread turns into a Mourinho-bashing these days. :houllier:
To be fair that statement is pretty accurate, Mou worked wonders doing that with Shaw, but you can't expect applause for fixing something you broke.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd try him up top.

But this transfer is getting worse and worse by the day.

Huge amounts of money wasted.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Honestly think he can touch Aguero levels through the middle. They are practically identical players now if you strip it all down.

Trizy

He literally could do no worse than Lukaku. Has that spark to create something from nothing too, unlike Lukaku.

Sure he might lose the ball loads in the ST position but that's exactly what Lukaku does with his concrete block of a first touch.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Would like to see him middle but it sums it up. He scores an important goal and then get's injured.

Ekeke

I wonder why people dislike him playing so much. He obviously hasnt been as effective as he was for Arsenal but there are some areas where he improved the team.

For instance Sanchez averages 3 key passes per 90 minutes this season. Pogba and Martial average 1.4 per 90 minutes. So he's over twice as likely to give the ball to a player for a shot at goal.

He averages 1.2 successful dribbles per 90, very slightly ahead of Martial's 1.1

He's also fouled 2 times per 90 mins, while Martial is fouled 1 time.

Sanchez does have a very low pass percentage at just 73% with only Ashley Young around the same, and all our other players being in the 80%+ category

He obviously isnt as fast as Martial and Martial has been finding the goal in recent times. So its fair enough to prefer Martial playing on the left to Sanchez.

But there's another spot on the wing and a role behind the striker that should be up for grabs and theres no reason why Sanchez shouldnt be tried there. He's technically our most creative player afterall.

Chillosophy

I wonder why people dislike him playing so much. He obviously hasnt been as effective as he was for Arsenal but there are some areas where he improved the team.

For instance Sanchez averages 3 key passes per 90 minutes this season. Pogba and Martial average 1.4 per 90 minutes. So he's over twice as likely to give the ball to a player for a shot at goal.

He averages 1.2 successful dribbles per 90, very slightly ahead of Martial's 1.1

He's also fouled 2 times per 90 mins, while Martial is fouled 1 time.

Sanchez does have a very low pass percentage at just 73% with only Ashley Young around the same, and all our other players being in the 80%+ category

He obviously isnt as fast as Martial and Martial has been finding the goal in recent times. So its fair enough to prefer Martial playing on the left to Sanchez.

But there's another spot on the wing and a role behind the striker that should be up for grabs and theres no reason why Sanchez shouldnt be tried there. He's technically our most creative player afterall.
Im hoping we bench Lukaku for Alexis against Citeh and play Tony/Alexis/Rash up front.

Wont happen I guess but yeah:rolleyes:

Nickelodeon

I really have my fingers crossed for him today. Hoping he steps up.

Would also like to see him interchanging positions with Martial during the game.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Before we ditch him, I’d like to see how he gets on up front. And I’d like to do the same with other attackers if Jose goes, before just basing everything on Jose. Otherwise we risk another Di Maria. He was doing great until that Leicester game. And so were we. I’ll never forgive Vardy for that. He single handedly derailed our football, Di Maria, and Rafael. Nice little hatrick.
Wasn't Leicester his third game for us? So he played 2 good games then went to shite?

Nickelodeon

Yep, both Sanchez (In good form) and Martial can play CF and LW, some fluid movement would be nice.
I hope we don't resort to mindless crossing and are able to get some fluidity in our passing. Need our midfield 3 to control the ball and get some penetration. Last thing we would need is an overcrowding of the midfield and Young hogging the ball.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I still have faith.
He's played a handful of times close to goal, looked great in pre-season up top and has never played there once afterwards. Hopefully he can be given a run with Lukaku being in horrible form.

This, this, this

It's really grating that Mourinho just wasted 10 months trying to fix what wasn't broken and now we are right back to square one.. fitting Sanchez into anywhere but Martial's LW spot

And to think the man has the nerve to try and take credit for Martial's recent form like it was his masterplan all these while..
It's so true it's been such a waste of time, the question is would you even trust him to buy the right RW for us?

The forwards picked today seem to be in line with what most fans have wanted. Big opportunity for Sanchez today - I worry that he will drop back too much, but it should be more fluid, and potentially quite exciting.

It’s almost last chance saloon for Sanchez - I hope he’s given 3-4 games up front, so we can see if he can make it.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
6/10 performance but still better than what Lukaku has shown recently. Stick with him for the next few games. At least he does the basics right.

Sanchez7

He is our best option upfront. Hopefully Jose will persist with him for the upcoming games.

Eugenius

Didn't set the world alight but those little runs in behind and into the channel are very welcome. Good assist. Enough to start over Lukaku next week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would have loved for him to score, just to underline his suitability to the role.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Really think he was very good. His movement was top class, the assistant really screwed him over with that bad call.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Very good game. Modern central attacker like most of clubs have. I love Lukaku but he is not for modern football. We should play Alexis there every week. He should be our first striker.

Raw

Nothing amazing but definitely more effective than Lukaku in movement and link up play. Keep him there for the time being.

edcunited1878

Really think he was very good. His movement was top class, the assistant really screwed him over with that bad call.
That was a class ball from Fred and as said, the linesman was completely wrong. I think it was Ake who kept Sanchez on and they were pretty much in line with the linesman.

Rajma

Color me surprised that he did well centrally...In fact, everyone could tell you as much.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was unfortunate to be up top in such a poor team display, but there was positive signs. He running into the channels and link play was encouraging. Came up with a nice assist. Would like to see him given a run of games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.