View full 2018-19 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The difference between him and Lukaku is that even if hes having an off game, hes still making runs and stretching defenders to create space for others. He can do that far more effectively from a central position. Perhaps it would be better to try Lukaku on the right of the front three.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Was impressed by him today. Been one of his biggest critics, but with a bit more sharpness, he's probably our best striker. Almost strange seeing our striker win a header.
This is actually ridiculous considering our first choice striker is big lump forward. :lol:
Only we can have striker who is one of tallest and biggest players on the pitch who can't win header. Even Rashford won some headers in last game I think and he isn't mostly challenging for headers for some reason.

NotQuiteManc

I think he did well considering he didnt play for few games. I think he deserves to start on the basis of giving him a run of games to get in form.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Best attacking movement in the squad IMO. He makes more attacking runs than Lukaku and makes more intelligent runs than Rashford.

He was wrongly called offside for a certain goal as well. Got an assist.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Sanchez struggled at the beginning of the match, but grew into it and there were good signs. I do feel many are overrating his performance a bit though. He ruined a couple of good attacking moves with overhit or badly placed passes, and overall I'd consider it only a 'decent' match.

Was it an improvement? Yes (both on his own performances and compared to Lukaku and Rashford upfront). I hope it continues. But I also hope he improves further because it still wasn't quite good enough for my liking.

Raven

This is actually ridiculous considering our first choice striker is big lump forward. :lol:
Only we can have striker who is one of tallest and biggest players on the pitch who can't win header. Even Rashford won some headers in last game I think and he isn't mostly challenging for headers for some reason.
Yeah, it's utterly bizarre that Lukaku can't win headers regularly

Denis79

Best attacking movement in the squad IMO. He makes more attacking runs than Lukaku and makes more intelligent runs than Rashford.

Mata has intelligent movement aswell, lacking pace though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Yeah, it's between him and Lingard for attacking movement. Sanchez's movement is so good when he plays centrally, we should give him more chances as striker, as anyways Lukaku is having fitness issues.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I has this foreboding that he's going to be moved elsewhere once Lukaku returns.

Ashley R1+O

Sanchez struggled at the beginning of the match, but grew into it and there were good signs. I do feel many are overrating his performance a bit though. He ruined a couple of good attacking moves with overhit or badly placed passes, and overall I'd consider it only a 'decent' match.

Was it an improvement? Yes (both on his own performances and compared to Lukaku and Rashford upfront). I hope it continues. But I also hope he improves further because it still wasn't quite good enough for my liking.
To me personally after watching the game twice, I didn't really see much different. The second time I was even specifically watching to see our players in the attack function. In the first 30 there wasn't really any attempt to get the ball forward to him, that is fine because it is almost as though 100% of the time with Lukaku we play like this. Not even trying to get the ball forward. The goal kind of came out of nothing and you'd expect Sanchez as an adept wide player to be able to get in behind and make things happen for the cut back. Really impressed with how Martial initiated early and came inside to drop deep for the cut back. That is something he's not been doing at all in the last couple of years for Jose. Chuffed to finally see him improving his movement off the ball when we're in possession. In the next thirty when we started to control the game the service was still scathingly poor. Some passes went behind him, one telescopic header that was nice but generally there is not enough forward penetration from midfield that allows the front striker to peel off and get free to create. (actually there was one nice off the shoulder play where he was clearly onside but called off which was the trademark 1on1 we create every game so that was nice).

It is pretty awful stuff to be honest. All in all, nothing we've not seen Lukaku do in the last couple of seasons. He's definitely in awful form at the moment but we've seen him make these open space runs and make plays in open paddock.

I think this could come at a really sweet spot time this Sanchez run of games might give Lukaku the rest he needs and Sanchez' efforts were definitely serviceable on the whole. Probably marginally better than Rashford and well in advance of the horrible form Lukaku is in.

Patrick08

Yeah, it's utterly bizarre that Lukaku can't win headers regularly
Doesn't quiet commit himself on the leap, he is too heavy to get a good leap and immobility contributes to that.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Doesn't quiet commit himself on the leap, he is too heavy to get a good leap and immobility contributes to that.
Nah, Lukaku is just absolutely terrible at judging the long ball. When he's actually in the right position he'll regularly win them (still probably not quite as much as he should), but most of the time he moves too far forward (back towards our own goalkeeper) and the ball ends up dropping about two metres behind him. He's normally better at getting on the end of crosses from out wide as he can judge them easier, but he's got no idea with the long ball.

Juventus 1:2 Man Utd

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This new role suits him down to the ground, sorry to say this but we're a far better team with him up there instead of Lukaku. There might still be a future for Sanchez at OT yet, he did really well tonight, his movement is clever and helps us play it on the ground far better.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
If he was 6 inches taller, he’d be one of the best CF in the world. Reminds me of Rooney before his decline in the way he plays.

tomaldinho1

Just proves that being big doesn't mean you can hold the ball up - he grafted tonight, was involved in a lot of build up play and, although we didn't really get behind them, we look a better team with him up top. Also won some key defensive fouls around our box to take pressure off.

el3mel

Keep him as number 9. He'll grow into it. He just needs to stay central though. His link up and touch are miles ahead of Lukaku.

luke511

Really enjoyed his first half, a lot of energy and some tidy football. Fatigue kicked in in the second half though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he was 6 inches taller, he’d be one of the best CF in the world. Reminds me of Rooney before his decline in the way he plays.
Your user name belongs in this very thread.

Anyway, I think he’s identical to Aguero in attributes and can have a similar impact for us.

logan99

With Alexis in the attack we looked much more dynamic .. he played a good match today.

I would like to see him in a formation like this:

...........DeGea
Young-Bailly-Lindelof-Shaw
Fred-Herrera-Pogba
Mata-Alexis-Martial

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Deserves a goal after these last two games, hopefully that'll come Sunday...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another good game. Brings so much to the team with his movement.
The man is a hustler.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes always been a lot better centrally compared to on the wing. Doesnt exactly suit Mourinhos traditional strikers, but it's funny that hes probably better at a target man role than Lukaku is anyway. Needs to be first choice through the middle though.

youngrell

Very good tonight, showed his usual industry but finally with some quality on the ball too. None of the sloppiness we've seen so far.

Shame he got clattered. Wouldn't be surprised if Chiellini left one on him purposely because he was a handful for their defence at the start.

3KDré

Playing better. I think we need to play someone who can stretch play on the right to get more out of him as we are too narrow.

Cliche Guevara

I thought he was excellent and he could yet have a good future here. Needs to start banging in the goals, though, and go on a good run.

I have to say we do seem to look a lot better at the moment without Lukaku in the team. Maybe stick him on the right.

redom

He's working well so far in this role, hopefully we can start getting him into some goal scoring situations and he can bag a few to really get his confidence up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I thought he was excellent and he could yet have a good future here. Needs to start banging in the goals, though, and go on a good run.

I have to say we do seem to look a lot better at the moment without Lukaku in the team. Maybe stick him on the right.
If he keeps his place up front beyond the international break, our games get a lot easier (on paper) and I expect he’d rack up some goals. By that time we wouldn’t be able to hide Lukaku in the name of injury though, so he may be brought back in.

bescobarrada

Alexis is the living reflection of being in a place for money, not passion. It's a shame both for the team and for him as a professional.

El Zoido

This is his best period for us so far. If he can push on and approach his Arsenal form it’s going to be massive for us.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Was great tonight, linked play well, worked hard, and was positive in possession.

I think he'd be great at Liverpool. :nervous:

izec

Needs to shoot more and be more selfish. He is always looking to pass or plays it with the backheel instead of going for it sometimes.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Striker dperatment always needed experience so his transfer can make a lot of sense after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.