5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

Sanchez is the 2nd best player in the team to take-on a man after Martial. No idea what being finished at the elite levels means, it's just a nothing statement. Sanchez hasn't had pace for ages, his best season in his career was as a striker using his movement and finishing to get 49 goals and assists.
Sorry, should have made myself a bit clearer. In my book, finished at the elite level, means he won't get into the first 11 of any of the top sides in Europe.

w1thout

Sanchez wants to play as a playmaker on the left, which clashes with Pogba role, hence why Pogba didn't do much with the ball until Sanchez was subtituted.
On current form, having Pogba and Martial on the left is a better option.

I remember Sanchez destroying Darmian when we played Arsenal. Yesterday Arsenal's rb kept him relativley quiet, and it's very telling considering I didn't even know who he was until yesterday..

On the other hand, we do tend to play with the 'right winger' as some sort of a playmaker, coming centrally instead of keeping the width. If there's room for Sanchez as a starter, it's that role.

Reactions: Sultan

Toddler

Sanchez plays from a left half/ left of a front three position. That is where he played for Arsenal, and was quite devastating for most of his time there (it soured in the end, like many Arsenal players). Can he play across the front three.. probably, but we can see where he operates most effectively, and more importantly, so can Ole/Phelan and it is no coincidence where they play him. Interesting question for you... where do you think Martial's best position is? He has been at United long enough. Because I think is a No 9.

With reference to Martial being constantly good, well, that may be your opinion. There is no way I can agree. You think Martial played well when he came on yesterday?

I don't think any of our players have been 'consistently good' this season. Not at all. Under Ole', now we are seeing some of our players, really play. But 'consistently good..'. Nope, cannot agree there. Mourinho took care of that.
Martial has been our most productive Rw, so he should play there and im not so sure he is better at no 9 position, might be? We have Rashford and Lukaku for the strikers position. And Martial being constantly good, yes I think so. He was one of the more consistent players under Mou and he has been good under ole. Good does not mean Excellent...

We have a problem here to accommodate these two, what a waste of space the Sanchez deal has been in my opinion.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sorry, should have made myself a bit clearer. In my book, finished at the elite level, means he won't get into the first 11 of any of the top sides in Europe.
That's probably right. But Sanchez isn't a starter for us anymore. I am personally loving having multiple forwards firing and we can just play whichever player suits the situation. It reminds me of the treble team. Rashford would struggle to get ahead of Aguero/Firmino and Martial the same of Sane/Mane but sometimes having a group of forwards that compliment each can be just as good.

Like the article above has said, price should not mean anything for a manager. If Sanchez is firing but only starting every other game to allow Martial to perform as well then that's fine in my book.

staniswin

"He best his man with his sudden increase of PACE" haha

That's what fans are saying he has lost.
I should have word it better. It's acceleration , not pace, he beats player with acceleration for first 2-3 second but would be getting caught if it longer than that. He was never a pacy player to begin with , most people here just create a trait he never had and claim he has lost it
Let's give him until the summer. If he doesnt improve then he cannot have any excuses and say it was because of Mourinho. With that being said he has been one of our worst signings ever so far. Needs a massive improvement now otherwise we will cut him loose in the summer
Fred is currently worst , we paid 50m quid + weekly wage for him to warm the bench.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Under Solskjaer, he is scoring or assisting at very good rate. Just like for every other player, it's a new start for him under new manager.

Vs Newcastle away - 27 mins - 1 assist
Vs Reading home - 64 mins - 1 assist
vs Arsenal away - 72 mins - 1 goal

163 mins - 3 goals + assists (54 mins per G+A)

Obviously sample size is very small, hopefully he will keep up this rate.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I’d like us to try Martial-Rashford-Sanchez sometime. But that would mean Sanchez has to play on the right as there’s no way Martial should be shifted.
I wanted Sanchez through the middle and thought that might be the way to get him back to something close to his best, but with Rashford's form there it's difficult to get that opportunity. The two of them (all three really) could rotate quite a lot throughout the match though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Under Solskjaer, he is scoring or assisting at very good rate. Just like for every other player, it's a new start for him under new manager.

Vs Newcastle away - 27 mins - 1 assist
Vs Reading home - 64 mins - 1 assist
vs Arsenal away - 72 mins - 1 goal

163 mins - 3 goals + assists (54 mins per G+A)

Obviously sample size is very small, hopefully he will keep up this rate.
Statistics don't tell the whole story do they?

Just like Lukaku, decent numbers under Solskjaer (so ultimately that matters) but dogshit performances. Brief moments of good play are making the numbers but then you add in all the misplaced passes, awful touches, bad runs, clumsy attempts at taking people on, lack of effort on occasion, etc. and it doesn't sit well.

I want to see Sanchez's stats for the Arsenal game in terms of pass completion, number of times tackled, successful take ons, etc because I bet they're shocking.

Jib

Sanchez wants to play as a playmaker on the left, which clashes with Pogba role, hence why Pogba didn't do much with the ball until Sanchez was subtituted.
On current form, having Pogba and Martial on the left is a better option.
some people don't seem to understand :houllier:

Last edited:

Habs

I'd be looking to move Sanchez on in the summer. I know he's coming back from injury, but he's clearly lost a yard of pace and doesnt look like the same player a few seasons back. I think we can get a player that is more suited to our needs, as I think Sanchez will only decline as time goes on and we dont need another Rooney situation.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Would still prefer him to be sold in the summer. United can do much better.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Statistics don't tell the whole story do they?

Just like Lukaku, decent numbers under Solskjaer (so ultimately that matters) but dogshit performances. Brief moments of good play are making the numbers but then you add in all the misplaced passes, awful touches, bad runs, clumsy attempts at taking people on, lack of effort on occasion, etc. and it doesn't sit well.

I want to see Sanchez's stats for the Arsenal game in terms of pass completion, number of times tackled, successful take ons, etc because I bet they're shocking.
That's why I said sample size is small. Also Lukaku wasn't performance wasn't bad except vs Reading. Only game he started was Reading and Arsenal, he was poor vs reading and good vs Arsenal. Hard to judge him with limited game time. (there is a huge difference compared to Rashford's performance though, but at least he is contributing).

Anyways it's always good to see attacking scoring and assisting, especially the ones that change the game rather than stat padding.

Lukaku scored 4th goal vs Bournemouth after coming on as a sub
Scored 1st goal after coming as a sub vs Newcastle
Scored second goal vs Reading
Assisted first 2 goals vs Arsenal

So all this goal contributions are important in changing the game except the one vs Bournemouth

Sanchez assisted second goal vs Newcastle, coming on as a sub
Assisted second goal vs Reading
Scored opening goal vs Arsenal

Like Lukaku, his goal contributions were important in changing the game.

Like already mentioned, sample size is small but it's always good to see attackers contributing even coming on as sub.

Roboc7

He wasn't poor, he was excellent tonight. He worked hard and helped us win possession in defense and attack. Covered serious ground in a hostile environment for him. It's getting tedious people wanting him gone disregarding a good performance, we should be encouraged by tonight and hopefully he can get a run. If he doesn't build from this then fair enough.
Could argue it’s equally as tedious when he is described as excellent for not doing that much other than the goal. He is the highest paid player in the league and was signed to be one the best in the league. For the last year he hasn’t even been anywhere near that. He was bought to make most of 2-3 peak years, we are well into that period already.

He’s 30 and will have 3 years left on his contract in the summer, it’s definitely worth considering moving him on unless he improves massively in next few months. Whether people like to hear it or not it’s possible his is on a downward spiral and he wants to play from the left or centrally which we have other options for. Swap him for a good RW and i think you improve the team.

Sterling Archer

I’d like us to try Martial-Rashford-Sanchez sometime. But that would mean Sanchez has to play on the right as there’s no way Martial should be shifted.
Been a few times since Ole has come in that I've seen Martial play a bit freely and shift to the right. Could be a case of letting the two of them play and swap wings here and there. Might be worth a shot. Lesson for me is, nothing is as rigid as it seemed under Jose and Van Gaal.

crossy1686

career ending
Been a few times since Ole has come in that I've seen Martial play a bit freely and shift to the right. Could be a case of letting the two of them play and swap wings here and there. Might be worth a shot. Lesson for me is, nothing is as rigid as it seemed under Jose and Van Gaal.
Think our system is more fluid now. The forwards have permission to swap sides and move around a lot more than previously.

Morpheus 7

Could argue it’s equally as tedious when he is described as excellent for not doing that much other than the goal. He is the highest paid player in the league and was signed to be one the best in the league. For the last year he hasn’t even been anywhere near that. He was bought to make most of 2-3 peak years, we are well into that period already.

He’s 30 and will have 3 years left on his contract in the summer, it’s definitely worth considering moving him on unless he improves massively in next few months. Whether people like to hear it or not it’s possible his is on a downward spiral and he wants to play from the left or centrally which we have other options for. Swap him for a good RW and i think you improve the team.
He pressed brilliantly in the first half, for a player getting back from injury in a tough atmosphere he did do excellent. Most of the United fans have given up on him in here, still think there is a feeling of resentment for Martial losing his place last year. That was on Jose for not taking him out of the team when he was not playing well. Sanchez is suited in Ole's system, if he keeps himself fit it can definitely work. In rotation of Rashford up top and on the right. Rashford is the main man but he will need rested because of his workrate. Martial can be first choice and rightly so and Jesse can be rotated. This idea if your not in the 11, your gone is rubbish for the big clubs. You need proper competition for places no matter the name or wages. We got Sanchez for huge wages because of different reasons, there was no transfer fee. He would have been 70m plus in the market when he was bought if it weren't for Miki and having a few months left. Anyway doesn't matter, people feel so disappointed by his lack of impact, don't think it matters what he does. Heard people saying he's finished, he's like Rooney in his last season here ect.. There is still a great player that had his confidence shattered with an awful manager, who killed the life of most of the team. We'll see I suppose, big few months and games coming up. If he stays injury free I'm confident he'll shut a few up in here.

SSSSnake

He needs to be doing a lot more if he wants to start ahead of Martial. He always has a great work ethic but I want to see more of him on the ball and causing problems. Can he beat a man? Can he score more goals and provide assists? Time will tell.

Roboc7

He pressed brilliantly in the first half, for a player getting back from injury in a tough atmosphere he did do excellent. Most of the United fans have given up on him in here, still think there is a feeling of resentment for Martial losing his place last year. That was on Jose for not taking him out of the team when he was not playing well. Sanchez is suited in Ole's system, if he keeps himself fit it can definitely work. In rotation of Rashford up top and on the right. Rashford is the main man but he will need rested because of his workrate. Martial can be first choice and rightly so and Jesse can be rotated. This idea if your not in the 11, your gone is rubbish for the big clubs. You need proper competition for places no matter the name or wages. We got Sanchez for huge wages because of different reasons, there was no transfer fee. He would have been 70m plus in the market when he was bought if it weren't for Miki and having a few months left. Anyway doesn't matter, people feel so disappointed by his lack of impact, don't think it matters what he does. Heard people saying he's finished, he's like Rooney in his last season here ect.. There is still a great player that had his confidence shattered with an awful manager, who killed the life of most of the team. We'll see I suppose, big few months and games coming up. If he stays injury free I'm confident he'll shut a few up in here.
There is no resentment he has been a terrible signing, no argument about that. He’s been here a year now not few weeks or months and he is supposed to be the finished article not a project.

He will start to decline (unless it’s already started) sooner rather than later and if he isn’t good enough to play week in week out then we should be getting rid because he can only play at the expense of Rashford or Martial. Mourinho bought him to play ahead of Rashford and wanted to replace Martial with a right winger.

I don’t see him as the type of player who is going to be happy sitting on the bench or rotating and I can’t imagine his attitude will be great if that’s what happens.

Getting rid of him to bring in someone who can play on the right makes much more sense unless he rediscovers his form of almost 2 seasons ago. That’s a long time and a big ask, as would be then maintaining it for another 2-3 years in his thirties. Possible but it’s a long way back for him at the moment.

el3mel

We need to chip him off in summer.

Offers too little for such a wage bill. We can't be paying that much for a player for some moments. It'll alienate the squad and make every top player that's better than him ask for more.

Greck

Massively overestimates what his passing ability can do. It's getting less tolerable as he ages

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I find it hilarious that there are a bunch of posters quick to jump on an Alexis thread when he had nothing to do with how shit we were for 80 minutes, and was involved in a goal we pulled back.

He came on to take more risks and force the issue. He was struggling to adapt with the quick pace and a few of his passes didn't go his way. I'd have expected so many other player performance threads to be trending with criticism over this - but alas, Sanchez was poor when he came on to force the issue so he's the first one to get picked on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is his thing that almost everything he does is rubbish, but he'll do one really crucial thing in the game that will get us a goal?

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I'm really near to give up on him. But before I do I would like to see him from start in like 5-6 games, to get back in match form and build up his confidence.

Verminator

I find it hilarious that there are a bunch of posters quick to jump on an Alexis thread when he had nothing to do with how shit we were for 80 minutes, and was involved in a goal we pulled back.

He came on to take more risks and force the issue. He was struggling to adapt with the quick pace and a few of his passes didn't go his way. I'd have expected so many other player performance threads to be trending with criticism over this - but alas, Sanchez was poor when he came on to force the issue so he's the first one to get picked on.
He's done nothing since he came here. You admit he was poor when he came on, but it's hilarious that others state that?
How odd!

Foxbatt

Yes blame him because he didn't score but Rashford was poor today and should have scored 3 at least. Alexis will vcom good when played regularly and if he had started instead of Mata we most probably would not have been in the position of trying to save this game.

beergod

He's a Chilean Ryan Giggs, but without the built up goodwill to get away with trying some absolutely infuriating passes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's done nothing since he came here. You admit he was poor when he came on, but it's hilarious that others state that?
How odd!
It's hilarious that his performances are criticized before others. I wouldn't say he's done nothing under Ole. End product wise he's been very productive, and had a key involvement for our first goal in tonight's comeback. That's more than any of our other front 3 had done in 80 minutes.

If he was mishitting passes and forcing the issue with ambitious long balls and crosses into the mixer when it was 40 minutes I'd be questioning what the heck he was doing - but he was brought on to force the issue. That means making risky moves, which will invariably result in losing the ball more. Even when noting this his overall play wasn't to the right standard but he's in no way worthy of more criticism than a lot of our other players tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.