Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not a good sign when Ole make changes and he still ends up on the bench. Needs to start looking for another club, with the wages he's on, he should be our best player by far.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ole needs to put his foot down and tell him play on the right or dont play and pass the ball a bit sooner sometimes. A front three of Martial, Rashford and Sanchez could dangerous if they click
At least Ole will know now from tonight that he cannot trust Andreas in MF. (Not the first time i have seen him get caught in possession.) I think he has to see that Mata is a liability on the RW. No bloody speed. Granted Mata was much better in the MF.

But yea, It is Martial, Rashford and then maybe Lingarrd or Sanchez. I think Lukaku maybe, but i doubt he wants to play there.

Dinghy

He's been involved in goals in all his four appearances under Ole so far. Games like tonight are the sort of games where he should be starting.

I just can't understand why the feck we can't play him on the right. It has to be because he doesn't want to play there.

ravi2

At least Ole will know now from tonight that he cannot trust Andreas in MF. (Not the first time i have seen him get caught in possession.) I think he has to see that Mata is a liability on the RW. No bloody speed. Granted Mata was much better in the MF.

But yea, It is Martial, Rashford and then maybe Lingarrd or Sanchez. I think Lukaku maybe, but i doubt he wants to play there.
Lukaku is not the best option for us for the RW. We need to sell him and buy an actual RW like Sancho or Thauvin. We would be so much difficult to defend against if we had a serious attacking threat coming from the right.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lukaku is not the best option for us for the RW. We need to sell him and buy an actual RW like Sancho or Thauvin. We would be so much difficult to defend against if we had a serious attacking threat coming from the right.
I agree. Speed. We need speed.

ravi2

I agree. Speed. We need speed.
Could you imagine if we had a Douglas Costa type player on the right today constantly beating his man and creating space?
No way we are tying a game like today, we would wipe the floor with them

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could you imagine if we had a Douglas Costa type player on the right today constantly beating his man and creating space?
No way we are tying a game like today, we would wipe the floor with them
Agreed. Just hope mata is not played there again unless he is coming on as sub when a game is wrapped up.

If you look at City, they play both Silvas in MF and allow them to dictate the play and make incisive passes. They then use the speed of Sane and usually Sterling to get in behind.

Just fed up with seeing slow Mata on the RW and he cannot take on a man.

Edit: Four managers now play Mata on the RW and to me it is counter productive. He does not have the speed. Would not mind seeing him in MF like he moved to tonight, but then we have to own possession because he lacks the speed to defend. But city do it with the two silvas on occasion.

Luke1995

Definitely seems like a Torres case. He was brought here when he was already slowing down in his last half-season at his previous club. Usually only summer transfers are planned, with January ones always being panic buys.

He doesn't have the pace to play as a winger anymore, he needs to be always in a central role.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Strong to win the header that resulted in a Lindelof goal. Very good. His other involvements was not good at all. Reckless with the ball.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If we sell him and use the money to buy one rapid player, even if he is limited, we'll be good. He's a bench option anyway nowadays so rather have a limited speedster on the bench who comes on when the opposition tires.

staniswin

the fact that he always contribute no matter how bad his general play is makes him valuable regardless

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
the fact that he always contribute no matter how bad his general play is makes him valuable regardless
He doesn't contribute that much, and a consistent flaw in his game is just how much he loses the ball whether it's passing or failing to move the ball forward. The biggest knock against him is his wage don't nearly represent the impact he brings to the team. It's all based on what he once was and has failed to show he still is.

NoPace

Definitely seems like a Torres case. He was brought here when he was already slowing down in his last half-season at his previous club. Usually only summer transfers are planned, with January ones always being panic buys.

He doesn't have the pace to play as a winger anymore, he needs to be always in a central role.
100%

He has to go to a team playing 2 up front, like Valencia. He can still be a goal threat but dear god is his passing terrible from left wing and he has to hit longer passes now that he can't just run past everyone or change direction faster. He'd make more sense back at Arsenal backing up Lacazette and Aubameyang than he does here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
100%

He has to go to a team playing 2 up front, like Valencia. He can still be a goal threat but dear god is his passing terrible from left wing and he has to hit longer passes now that he can't just run past everyone or change direction faster. He'd make more sense back at Arsenal backing up Lacazette and Aubameyang than he does here.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by those lofty passes that end up nowhere. Used to do it so much at Arsenal too

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The state of this thread. He played, what, 15 minutes? And was a vital component to us getting anything out of this game. But nah, let’s smash him to bits.

Water Melon

He is not going to shine in Oleball system. Needs to move elsewhere, which would benefit both parties. Not sure he will though, as he is on megabucks reportedly.

Kostov

Not at the cost of 300-350k/week. That money can be used wiser.
The money is gone. Whatever we do, we won't get the money back, even if we sell him we will probably have to pay part of his wages. My point is, that's done and we should focus on using him properly to get some value.

snk123

The state of this thread. He played, what, 15 minutes? And was a vital component to us getting anything out of this game. But nah, let’s smash him to bits.
True. I thought people would be praising him for his effort on the second goal when I opened the thread.

GM K

He is not going to shine in Oleball system. Needs to move elsewhere, which would benefit both parties. Not sure he will though, as he is on megabucks reportedly.
I am not sure it has anything to do with Oleball. People have forgotten that Sanchez's slump actually started at Arsenal. Those last many months when he was unhappy with the club and wanted out were very mediocre in terms of performances. I admit I was one of those who thought we would get the real Sanchez once he arrived at Old Trafford. Sadly that has not happened.

But regarding yesterday specifically, one has to commend him for his role in that Lindelof goal. It was priceless.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Wait, what am I reading here? We looked 10 times better when Sanchez and Jesse came on. We doubled our shots on target in the last 15 minutes or so.

Andersons Dietician

Wait, what am I reading here? We looked 10 times better when Sanchez and Jesse came on. We doubled our shots on target in the last 15 minutes or so.
Have to say when I was watching it, up until Jesse won the penalty and Sanchez won that header I was thinking to myself these two have added nothing.

Sanchez did look slow and that cross field pass he tried that killed the last attack that was criminal and not something you expect from a player as experienced as he is. Great jump for that header for the Lindelof goal mind.

Litch

Since Ole he's contributed. Scored against Arsenal and header lead to equaliser. Starting today will be an indicator to whether he makes Ole's decision harder to leave him out. Some so far have made it almost impossible where others have made it easy. His audition for me starts today....

el3mel

His relationship with his teammates looks kinda shite. They barely pass to him even when he's taking good positions. That's not a coincidence.

I think as Lukaku we need to cut our loses with him.

Jev

Yeah, it's just not gonna happen with him. He's literally doing nothing but conceding possession. Hopefully we can find a buyer in the summer.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think its time to admit I was totally wrong about Alexis. I thought he would take us on to the next level but he looks totally lost. Playing on a different wavelength to our other players. Do not see it changing either. Sad.

Cloud7

Is there any way we can sneak him in as part of Felliani’s transfer to China?

Josh 76

The fans who expect Sanchez to come in and have a great game are deluded. I was expecting exactly what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.