Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't think his problem is his lack of pace, it's the fact that he just can not find a red shirt, be it a simple ball or a complex one.
He is the sloppiest player on the ball I've seen in a long time, and I can't understand how he's ended up how he has, it's a shame.
He's always been incredibly wasteful imo. I said so when we signed him, so that's not just me being knee-jerk. He's really done at this level.

Kostov

Anything for a pop at Lingard. Lingard was shit today but so was Alexis and he's the one who's had the worst season among our forwards
Yeah, did it hurt your feelings? Alexis was better, while being ignored by both Jesse and Marcus on a couple of occasions.

You and your fan boy pals are like a disease, you can’t make a comment without some of you popping up.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is slow and can't beat any player now, his couldn't more than a few goals per season too, and he is getting old. Tragic signing.

Member 115509

I still think he is worth persisting with although, when United have Rashford and Martial fully fit, Sanchez will be on the bench. He is here until the summer at least, if he fails to produce between now and then, offload him.
He is coming back from an injury also, so I think he deserves a bit of leeway, for the moment at least.

Cloud7

Should have been 1vs1 twice, but for Rashford and Lingard. The responses here are not surprising, though. Some people are for whatever reasons regarded as French football "experts" while at the same their only contribution in other threads is calling everyone shite. An absolute joke.
What an oddly specific post :lol: Should have tagged your target and be done with it mate.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he did ok today. His movement is good, but for some reason we seem hesitant to pass him the ball. Noticed it a few times today, he’d spin behind a defender and the ball just wouldn’t come.

Jeffthered

As I mentioned in the game thread, he was no better or no worst than any of our midfielders and attackers. We looked sluggish, and aimless to a degree.

I can see that we are trying to improve our 'game-management'... but, aside from the first 20mins, when we were all superb, sharp and ready.. we were then quite poor to average at best, across the midfield and across the attacking line.

It happens. But I do think we have some tired minds, and tired legs, and with so many huge games coming up (they are ll tough in fact...) I just worry a bit. But Ole / Phelan simply must see that. They must.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's always been incredibly wasteful imo. I said so when we signed him, so that's not just me being knee-jerk. He's really done at this level.
It's a real shame, it showed the difference when martial came on, he didn't even play well but he also didn't needlessly concede possession.

JohnnyKills

I thought he did ok today. His movement is good, but for some reason we seem hesitant to pass him the ball. Noticed it a few times today, he’d spin behind a defender and the ball just wouldn’t come.
Was literally coming in to post exactly that.

The amount of times we were breaking and the ball-carrier ignored Sanchez was striking.

It suggests that either there's some personal issue between him and the other players, or (more likely) that they don't rate him. To be honest, given his performances so far, you can't really blame them. He just looks done.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's weird because I don't think that he was particularly bad but it seems that the combination of players doesn't suit him. To me it seems that he would thrive around players that run with the ball while he can play quickly around them without having to carry it. When he replaces Martial, he is supposed to be the main runner and it doesn't suit him at all.

Shinjch

Thought he started the game very well with nice touches and passes, then when we stopped becoming an attacking force at all he fizzled out with the rest of them. Wouldn't blame him particularly anyway today.

acnumber9

That requires the difficult pass to pick out. Pogba aside we don’t have players that can play that pass. They take the simple option almost every time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just so mediocre these days. Used to be a player who relied on his low centre of gravity, tenacity, end product, burst of acceleration and pitbull physicality. Sadly, now he seems to have lost the last two vital attributes and what your left with is a footballer who is no longer capable of influence and win games which essentially was hin forte. He's never really been a great passer /buildup player so he isn't ageing well at all.

We should get rid IMO. You want your backup winger to have that electricity to make an impact.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's always just "ok" and doesn't really do much. Has glimpses of decent touches here and there but he pretty much never creates a proper chance, never finds himself in a proper chance... Think he should compete for Lingard for that spot and is good for depth but he really needs to do more.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Lingard and Rashford don't like him. It is not that they didn't click on the pitch, they just don't like him. They ignore his runs while he always try to pass to others. Young lions want old lion out of pack.
I am afraid that he will need to go. But before that, i want to see him on that right wing, ffs

ravi2

He's always just "ok" and doesn't really do much. Has glimpses of decent touches here and there but he pretty much never creates a proper chance, never finds himself in a proper chance... Think he should compete for Lingard for that spot and is good for depth but he really needs to do more.
He is not worth the salary he is paid. The amount he gets per week should go to a world class game changing player and its clear by now he isn't that type of player anymore. I hope he is sold in the summer and we buy an actual world class player forward.

Water Melon

Used to be a terrific player, but he's done at the top level. Bad signing by Jose, will be very tough to sell him.

kiristao

He started well but then we seems to collectively become sh*t and so did he. He did make a few good runs though but lingard and specially Rashford seem to be on shoot at site instructions as they had a lot of chances to play Sanchez in but preffered to take shots from poor positions.

AgentP

He's just so mediocre these days. Used to be a player who relied on his low centre of gravity, tenacity, end product, burst of acceleration and pitbull physicality. Sadly, now he seems to have lost the last two vital attributes and what your left with is a footballer who is no longer capable of influence and win games which essentially was hin forte. He's never really been a great passer /buildup player so he isn't ageing well at all.

We should get rid IMO. You want your backup winger to have that electricity to make an impact.
Who will buy him with his ridiculous wages? He is at a place where he is still better than MLS and China but finished at the top level.

Litch

No better or worse than the other forwards today. He's come back from injury and given the last team performances hasn't really had the opportunity to enjoy the attacking football as others....

manunited1919

Fair play to Alexis. He is a very loyal player and always gives his best for the team. He really played to the maximum today.
Still doing his best to get Arsenal into top 4.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not the best game to judge him, but then you think he is the one who should make the difference out of nothing.

He will provide a sublime goal or assist now and then, but clearly on decline

Sauldogba

I honestly think pound for pound and expectancy hes the worst player weve ever signed.Even worse than Falcao.
For me its not even his lack of pace thats bad its his lack of agility.
His agility is terrible

kps88

Reminds me of Rooney towards the end. The attitude and work rate is there but his legs have gone.

Jeffthered

Lingard and Rashford don't like him. It is not that they didn't click on the pitch, they just don't like him. They ignore his runs while he always try to pass to others. Young lions want old lion out of pack.
I am afraid that he will need to go. But before that, i want to see him on that right wing, ffs
I do hope this is not the case. Either one of those would do well to be a player that Sanchez was when he was on fire at Arsenal.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's definitely faster than Mata. I don't think pace is his issue anyway.
I'm actually not sure that he is. There were a couple of moments in this match where it was actually amazing how slow he was. He was never the fastest player, but he seems to have lost what pace he did have. Along with acceleration and, as somebody else mentioned above, his agility.

I still hope to see him upfront in the false 9 spot that Lingard has been playing in at times, with Martial and Rashford on either side. That's basically become my last hope, but even Ole doesn't seem to be interested in using him there.

el3mel

I'm actually not sure that he is. There were a couple of moments in this match where it was actually amazing how slow he was. He was never the fastest player, but he seems to have lost what pace he did have. Along with acceleration and, as somebody else mentioned above, his agility.

I still hope to see him upfront in the false 9 spot that Lingard has been playing in at times, with Martial and Rashford on either side. That's basically become my last hope, but even Ole doesn't seem to be interested in using him there.
I still don' think that's his issue.

Today the main issue for me looks like he has zero understanding or any good relationship with his teammates. They don't seem to be linking with him at all or wanting to pass to him. I'm starting a bit to believe those reports that came several months ago that's he's alone and isolated from the rest of the team.

Bobski

Sanchez has never been good at playing within a team system. His whole game was about individuals moments, never really been a team player. The point is that playing on the right or as a 10 or 9 is not going to make a significant difference to how he plays. For it to even have a chance at working he would need to have the whole team built around him, and frankly he is not good enough any more to make that feasible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Useless out wide. Like mata he has to be played centrally to be of any benefit.

We desperately need another winger with pace to cover the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.