Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think he's getting a bit of a rough ride here. Wasn't great laying it off but the movement around him was pretty awful. Won the pen, and should have had another assist on Lukaku.
This.

Thought he was drunk at times. Has to be careful with the ball. Should have had an assist.
The bold is exactly what I thought of Rashford :lol:

CallyRed

Was very sloppy in possession. Quite frustrating.

Can never fault his effort though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His long passes were great. His short passing was heavy and wayward, really poor. Great movement and work rate, held the ball up well, just didn't do anything with it. Frustrating night.

cyberman

He was trying too hard. His forward passes felt rushed.
I wish Pogba let him take the pen, it could have settled him down

Jev

This nonsense excuse about him not being a LW has to stop before it spreads. He's played there most of his career, including his best seasons.

That said, I still want him on the right to make room for Martial.

ash_86

Some very bad passes from him. Should have got an assist though . He was running constantly though. That's a good sign!

Luke1995

Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

An absolute liability.

What's going to be the excuse this season people?
He misses Ozil!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not a great game but some people are going crazy here. It's 1 game ffs. Let's at least wait until the international break before deciding that he a waste of sperm. This place is insufferable after a match day.

FerociousCorgis

Not a great game but some people are going crazy here. It's 1 game ffs. Let's at least wait until the international break before deciding that he a waste of sperm. This place is insufferable after a match day.
first it was he just got here wait til he gets settled, then it was he is tired wait til he gets a rest and a full preseason, now it is apparently just this one game and wait til the international break. Hmm

talking robot

He was shite and should have come off around the 60th minute. He was also shite last season. He really needs to up his game or he will lose his automatic starting position (that to be honest I think Mourinho has been very charitable to give).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a great player who has lost some pace, and who had a bad day. His timing was clearly off regarding his passes, it was actually ridiculous how bad it became as it got worse and worse, but he still managed to be there for what should have been an assist on Lukaku's chance. His silky touch and pass to Mata on that one counter was magnificent.

el3mel

This nonsense excuse about him not being a LW has to stop before it spreads. He's played there most of his career, including his best seasons.

That said, I still want him on the right to make room for Martial.
He's a LW but needs to play as close to the goal as possible. He was always cutting inside for Arsenal inside the box and always gets the ball in front of the goal to score.

Point is, with his irritable passing he's shite at playmaking and shouldn't be expected to create but to be at the end of the ball to score imo.

DancingPanda

Hopefully he can get back to the form he showed during preseason. Mourinho shouldn't be afraid to bench him if he keeps performing like this.

Jacob

Very frustrating game. Hoped he would be sharp from the get go

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Absolutely dire.....and Jose had the cheek to blast Luke Shaw for being sloppy

Litch

Good, bad and ugly. I for one excepts that cause the goods are enough to win it and the bads won't amount to losing it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We need to play him as a (second) striker alongside Lukaku.

Out wide he seems very ineffective for some reason.

Let's not forget though, eventhough he had a poor game overall tonight, he was still involved in our best opportunities of the match e.g. setting up the Mata and Lukaku chances.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
His legs are going and he can't adjust his style. The game looks too quick for him.

We always see glimpses of the brilliance - He sees passes others don't, makes some great runs and can still be decisive but there's just something off - He's easily chased down, crowded out and can't create the time and space to do his usual thing. Yes it's the first game but he can't have many more like this or he'll have to be dropped. I've been trying hard to put last season's struggles down to physical exhaustion, lack of cohesion but he's just been so individually poor for so long, spanning back to his last days at Arsenal, which were put down by most to him wanting to leave.

It's not looking good at all. Sadly.

Drifter

American
Thought he misplaced his passes to much . Left side is not his best position.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's an awful winger let's be honest.

He played his best upfront in pre season, we should have swapped Sanchez and Rashford around.

IrishRedDevil

Always tries the risky pass which is good but could be doing with selecting the odd simple one every now and again. We need players willing to takes risks though as we have had two many safe passes over the years. Always works hard though and intercepted the ball a few times tonight while pressing which is a good sign.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If I'm Martial, I'm feeling motivated to snatch that starting spot from a shaky Sanchez who inherited it from him undeservedly. If that doesn't motivate him, nothing will.

MiceOnMeth

If we wanted a waning star on a colossal wage who looks drunk/half a step slower than everyone but can come up with the odd moment of magic we should have just kept Rooney.

svastian99

He has not played well today ... let's hope it's a matter of time. He must play with Lukaku up front, that way he can contribute more to the team.

mancan92

If I'm Martial, I'm feeling motivated to snatch that starting spot from a shaky Sanchez who inherited it from him undeservedly. If that doesn't motivate him, nothing will.
Or you might feel that if after that awful performance from Sanchez I still can't get on the pitch then there's no point me being here.

That performance was worse than anything Martial has ever served up. For one he can at least control the ball.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Or you might feel that if after that awful performance from Sanchez I still can't get on the pitch then there's no point me being here.

That performance was worse than anything Martial has ever served up. For one he can at least control the ball.

This is very true

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Yeah but Martial's barely trained, he's not in match form. Mourinho gave a good explanation as to why he couldn't put him in even though the plan was to give him 25m. Next game I would be surprised if he doesn't get some solid minutes and starts building from there hopefully. I'd much rather have Martial than Sanchez, who might as well play on the right if he's going to be this bad.

talking robot

Hot take: Sanchez is past it, we overpaid to land him, and we'd be better off with Martial having his minutes.

R10Football

You would think being the most senior person on the pitch, he could do the basics. He should play behind lukaku, we need more direct goal scorers. Martial to the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.