Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
Never understood why City officials felt so agreieved in the summer - they made their first bid for Sanchez 24 hours before the deadline. So despite courting him all summer and being ‘desperate’ to sign him, somehow it was Arsenal’s fault for not playing ball in the final hours.
Only what i was told pal, everything agreed on all sides then the plug was pulled late in the day as Arsenal couldn't get their target in. City were assured it didn't matter if they got Lemar in or not. Obviously it did.

For the other poster regarding accepting our lower offer, Sanchez is pretty much toxic at Arsenal now. He could let this drag out right until the end and stamp his feet at only wanting the City deal. What do Arsenal do, keep him, or say its Utd or nothing. Then he has a decision to make. And I'm telling you he ain't staying. Too close to call.

Last edited by a moderator:

izec

It would end any interest in Griezmann, Dybala, Bale etc.
You have to seize the opportunity. Barca could be in for Griezmann, Real for Dybala or he may not want to leave Juve for example, better to buy Sanchez when the opportunity arises.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is happening. Have to pour out some liquor for my Dybala dream already.

And to answer the TF’s favourite ‘why not just sign both?’ question, it won’t happen!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I feel like my post of the kid leaking Sanchez to us 11 months ago went unnoticed..

Either that or it was a shit video :(

izec

This is happening. Have to pour out some liquor for my Dybala dream already.

And to answer the TF’s favourite ‘why not just sign both?’ question, it won’t happen!
I hope Dybala stays for another year or two at Juve and we snap him up when he is on the move then. We definitely wont be in for him in the summer if we get Sanchez, but we cant have them all. I would rather have Sanchez than Griezmann, but Dybala would be the dream

WPMUFC

What makes you say that? We're definitely in for him there's no doubt about it.
It's a joke. Anyone reading that and STILL claiming we have no interest is borderline delusional. Doesn't mean we'll get him, but i think all the reliable journo's are spot on atm.

Wilt

[QUOTE="Ban, post: 21988531, member: 100167

Called police on my neighbor who's having a wild party so it'll be a long night.[/QUOTE]
Your neighbour didn't invite you then?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Guys and Girls, let's not get carried away. This is all obviously a ploy by the club to get city to cough up an extra £10m. Surely Mourinho and Woodward know what the caf experts know already; city are the best thing since sliced bread and there's no way he'd join us.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's a joke. Anyone reading that and STILL claiming we have no interest is borderline delusional. Doesn't mean we'll get him, but i think all the reliable journo's are spot on atm.
My bad.

And yeah I can't believe some people still think this is a ploy from Sanchez's agent. Mourinho's comments yesterday should've been enough to convince people we are in for Sanchez.

TrebleFan99

At least we're in the running for Sanchez ffs. Like Mourinho said you have to try.

If it doesn't work out the board will back Mourinho in the summer window. City already have the title so nothing changes for me if Sanchez was to move to City or stay at Arsenal.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I feel like my post of the kid leaking Sanchez to us 11 months ago went unnoticed..

I watched it. I was torn between wanting to slap that kid in the mouth because of his annoying face and posh voice or patting him on the back for his enthusiasm and passion. He had moxy. The thing about Sanchez nodding in agreement, twice was weird.

Moiraine

I think we have already signed him and the delay in announcement is to let Arsenal wrap up their Malcom's deal.

Skills

Snitch
Sanchez to me, looks like a player that cares about two things:

1) Money
2) To be the 'main man'

Sanchez left Barcelona for Arsenal which is a clear step down in 'trophies and good football' because he was paid more money and given a starting spot in the team.
Don't think he had much a choice. He was surplus to requirements after the Suarez purchase, and there was no chance he was getting ahead of MSN. Plus Barcelona had to balance the books for their outlay that summer and the one before (the crazy Neymar fees), which they did by selling both him & Fabregas.

gulli_G

If Dybala is available we will still go for him, same principle, we have a plan but if the right player ends up on our radar we snap him up.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I feel so sorry for you Brits... have to use garbage fraction odds.

Does your brain hurt every time you see a bet listing? Why not just use decimal odds? Makes so much more sense ffs.
Nah, most of us went to school.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I understand the excitement here, but didn't we only just establish that a 433 with Pogba high up on the left makes us look actually quite good? Plus we have 2 other strikers who can only seem to do anything from the left?

Am envisioning a formation of:
-------------Lukaku----------------
-Martial----------------------------
-Sanchez--------------------------
----Pogba--------------------------

Good player, but just about the last part of the pitch we need investment in.

Moiraine

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If Sanchez goes to City, Aguero leaves. So in that sense, it’s like for like.
Quite possibly... but that isn't really 'like for like'.

Despite being quite short, Aguero is an out and out 9 and an incredibly prolific hit-man, whereas Sanchez, while capable of playing up top, is naturally position deeper and wide.

Of course Sanchez could make them better than they are with Aguero, or he might play them both (as they have totally different positions), but it's not a guarantee, at least in the longer term.

If Sanchez came to United, he would make United better, no doubt. And he'd assured game-time. As I stated in a previous post, José is very loyal to his biggest signings.

Basically, if fit, he'd play virtually every game for José.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I hope Dybala stays for another year or two at Juve and we snap him up when he is on the move then. We definitely wont be in for him in the summer if we get Sanchez, but we cant have them all. I would rather have Sanchez than Griezmann, but Dybala would be the dream
I’d take Sanchez over Griezmann too, but certainly not over Dybala. I’d be gutted if he comes to the PL to another team.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

Oh we noticed it. Kid is annoying.

I watched it. I was torn between wanting to slap that kid in the mouth because of his annoying face and posh voice or patting him on the back for his enthusiasm and passion. He had moxy. The thing about Sanchez nodding in agreement, twice was weird.
this!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I understand the excitement here, but didn't we only just establish that a 433 with Pogba high up on the left makes us look actually quite good?
That's the usual hyperbole and reactionary behaviour of the caf; along with some smart arses that think they know everything about football.

No one was talking about how good we were in the 4-2-3-1 when we were winning everything in the first 10 games; it was 'it's only small teams'. Then after a good game against everton (a small team) everyone is raving avout a 4-3-3.

We also played very well in a 3-4-1-2 against Watford and Arsenal, that doesnt mean a 3-4-1-2 is the 'best' formation.

Sanchez plays equally well across the forward line; which means he can fit in any formation. Which means he is a good signing.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
People saying Alexis is after trophies, blah, blah, blah...like he has not won any, but we all know he has more than enough...

How about this, who is prepared to play home games in a half empty stadium?

I say its all about the money, he is a greedy basterd.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I watched it, what else was Sanchez expected to do? :D He got surrounded by school kids
Oh we noticed it. Kid is annoying.

this!
Ah well Im just happy people read my posts :) Not the meg griffin of the caf just yet.

Jacko21

Quite possibly... but that isn't really 'like for like'.

Despite being quite short, Aguero is an out and out 9 and an incredibly prolific hit-man, whereas Sanchez, while capable of playing up top, is naturally position deeper and wide.

Of course Sanchez could make them better than they are with Aguero, or he might play them both (as they have totally different positions), but it's not a guarantee, at least in the longer term.

If Sanchez came to United, he would make United better, no doubt. And he'd assured game-time. As I stated in a previous post, José is very loyal to his biggest signings.

Basically, if fit, he'd play virtually every game for José.
I meant like for like as in, one in, one out. So they wouldn’t be complicating matters with another forward.

Though, Aguero could leave irrespective of whether Sanchez joins. Pep and him clearly aren’t on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.