Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Just saw the second part of the presser. Mourinho is basically saying that we aren't getting Griezmann in the summer if we buy Sanchez now. Hmm
I was debating this in my head as well. Mourinho did say we if buy a player in a certain position, he won't go back in for another player in the same position. But, would Sanchez be regarded as a striker or winger? We could still sign another attacker, even if we were to sign him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just saw the second part of the presser. Mourinho is basically saying that we aren't getting Griezmann in the summer if we buy Sanchez now. Hmm
Very much doubt we’ll get Griezmann anyway. Have no issue with that anyway, Sanchez is the better player. Dybala I will mourn for though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So what’s the deal? Is it still on ?
Yes, Di Marzio said Utd were in talks with Sanchez camp and the following days confirmed it. All the 'reputable' outlets have reported that City don't want to pay more than £20m and United have come in with a better offer.

Sanchez is leaving Arsenal and it's either to City or United. Nobody knows who yet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sanchez is better then griezmann anyway. And way more suited to this United team and Mourinho than Griezmann is. Also half the price. Regardless of all that, the griezmann ship has sailed, hes almost definitely off to Barca to replace Suarez, and that'd be more suited to him anyway compared to coming to United and being a permanent #10 behind Lukaku, as we wouldn't want to put him on the right wing after paying 100m.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I was debating this in my head as well. Mourinho did say we if buy a player in a certain position, he won't go back in for another player in the same position. But, would Sanchez be regarded as a striker or winger? We could still sign another attacker, even if we were to sign him.
He spoke about different groups didn't he? Goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and attackers. And that if we strengthen in the goalkeeper group then we won't strengthen the same group in the summer. Sounded to me like we aren't signing another attacker if we sign Sanchez. But it's hard to know. Griezmann isn't really playing in the same position even though they're both attackers.

I really want us to sign Griezou and it'd be stupid not to when he's available for around 80-90 million. Not sure who I want the most out of him and Sanchez. The latter is PL proven and there is less risk involved. He's also more of a match winner than Griezmann imo. Griezmann is a few years younger though, and arguably has a higher peak level than Alexis. Fingers crossed we'll get both. And Özil :smirk:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This pressse really was something. My thoughts:
We will sign:
1) 1 attacker so either no10 or right winger
2) midfielder( is no10 midfielder for jose?)
3) full back

And we are in race for sanchez for sure. Also funny how that lady said - " we are not talking about sanchez specifically now ":lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Oh of course that's the reason. However, it also acts as protective factor - when you're blind drunk and trying to work out if your bet will give you decent winnings, if the fraction is too hard to deal with for your mind, you stop betting and just keep drinking.

...or just put a bigger bet on an easy fraction. Either or.
:lol: Hadn't thought about it like that before.

WPMUFC

castles is claiming Jose is going for sanchez because he sees him as a player that will fill two positions (striker and winger)

MadMike

While Griezmann is younger, I'd rather have Sanchez. Griezmann seems too attached to Spain, which carries the extra risk of him not adapting here and doing a Di Maria. Not to mention that he'd cost more than 3 times over what Sanchez would cost. And he didn't move to us in the summer when he had the chance. So feck him

TL;DR; Feck Griezmann

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Yes, Di Marzio said Utd were in talks with Sanchez camp and the following days confirmed it. All the 'reputable' outlets have reported that City don't want to pay more than £20m and United have come in with a better offer.

Sanchez is leaving Arsenal and it's either to City or United. Nobody knows who yet.
Why wouldn't City want to pay more than £20m? They're back by a country and just ejaculated about £100m on defenders in the summer, £50m of which has knackered his knee for months.

Kinda feels like they faked interest to force our hand so we went for him, then they'll turn round and bring in some shiny new, young toy from overseas for yet another obscene figure.

Antonedwin

You people notice that he mostly played on left side right ? Which means either Martial/Rashford have to change position or bench

Djemba-Djemba

While Griezmann is younger, I'd rather have Sanchez. Griezmann seems too attached to Spain, which carries the extra risk of him not adapting here and doing a Di Maria. Not to mention that he'd cost more than 3 times over what Sanchez would cost. And he didn't move to us in the summer when he had the chance. So feck him

TL;DR; Feck Griezmann
I'm of the same opinion. He had the chance to come in the Summer and he didn't, and he's made several comments since then that sound like he's not too keen to come.

So feck him. Let's not waste our time on him.

Giggs86

Why wouldn't City want to pay more than £20m? They're back by a country and just ejaculated about £100m on defenders in the summer, £50m of which has knackered his knee for months.

Kinda feels like they faked interest to force our hand so we went for him, then they'll turn round and bring in some shiny new, young toy from overseas for yet another obscene figure.
It's not that they don't need him, they don't need him as bad as we are. The way their owners think probably is that they already have the PL in the bag and they also fancy their chances in other competitions with their current attacking outlet.

They can miss out on Sanchez, whether we desperately need a player of his caliber to save our season. IMO City's mindset in this is if he comes he comes, if not then no big deal. It's already a great season and there will be plenty of new shiny targets in the summer.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

City have been dicking Sanchez around for a while; they were supposed to get him in the summer but only put in a bid at the end of the window, which meant that Arsenal couldnt get a replacement so he wasnt sold. Now they are low balling him in January because they want to get him for free in the summer.

Probably what is the case, is that City don't see Sanchez as a big prority because they have other players doing well in his position.

United Pro

He spoke about different groups didn't he? Goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and attackers. And that if we strengthen in the goalkeeper group then we won't strengthen the same group in the summer. Sounded to me like we aren't signing another attacker if we sign Sanchez. But it's hard to know. Griezmann isn't really playing in the same position even though they're both attackers.

I really want us to sign Griezou and it'd be stupid not to when he's available for around 80-90 million. Not sure who I want the most out of him and Sanchez. The latter is PL proven and there is less risk involved. He's also more of a match winner than Griezmann imo. Griezmann is a few years younger though, and arguably has a higher peak level than Alexis. Fingers crossed we'll get both. And Özil :smirk:
He did, but I got the feeling he was speaking hypothetically when he mentioned attackers, defenders and midfielders as a whole. I mean a right back is very different to a left back or a centre back and if we were to we sign 1 of them, it doesn't mean we can't sign any others, just because we only sign 1 defender. Same applies for attackers in terms of strikers and wingers.
Saying that Castles' recent article did state that Sanchez could cover both positions, so perhaps he could be the only attacking signing (if we were to get him).

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So the agent's fee is £5m according to baldie.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
With decimals you know exactly what your return will be for every 10/50/100 bucks you put. With division you need to have a calculator ready.
We did fractions and division in primary school over here (which I think would be the equivalent to elementary school in the US). Fractions make sense to most of us.

I think it is just different cultures, really. US prefers decimals on the whole whereas we're used to fractions.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Which is wrong , pep realize it later that he was better on the left
That statement can't be taken without Context.

Guardiola plays a possession based system; with wide players that start wide and run into the box. This system lends itself to inverted forwards. So a right footed player like Sanchez is best on the left in this system.

Sanchez has shown a high level on the left, the right, behind the striker and as the striker. He is a compete forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.