Not open for further replies.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Balague is going to be conflicted now.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Some think they can get Martial off us in return. :lol:
Tbf to them, we might indulge in similar wishful thinking if all we had to hope for was the exit of Rip van Wenger.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
:lol: At Liverpool link. He rejected them for Arsenal because he didn't want to live in Liverpool, and that was in the summer after their title challenge season. He's leaving Arsenal because of both money and the hope for trophies and playing in the champions league for a team with serious hopes to win. Why the feck would papers even bother making up the link to liverpool?? Its City or United, no chance anything else.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
:lol: At Liverpool link. He rejected them for Arsenal because he didn't want to live in Liverpool, and that was in the summer after their title challenge season. He's leaving Arsenal because of both money and the hope for trophies and playing in the champions league for a team with serious hopes to win. Why the feck would papers even bother making up the link to liverpool?? Its City or United, no chance anything else.
I'd totally forgotten he bailed on Liverpool :lol: Lambert filled the void at least.

The Irish Connection

whats annoying about this pep vs money debate is that we have played some good football this season. We're far from a park the bus team in most games. Ok we've underperformed in the big games but someone like Sanchez would definitely improve us in those games.
Just because we've been solid at the back doesn't mean we haven't played some nice attacking football, we've scored a lot despite missing some good chances in games too, something Sanchez would improve too.
This 'Utd play crap football and city are the best ever' stuff is annoying and wrong.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Which makes me ask how are the residents of ArsenalMania reacting to their star player's imminent departure?
Varied.

Couldn’t care less where this dog molester ends up tbh.
If we sell Sanchez to Man Utd I'm actually done with this club. ****ing couldn't watch the prem properly when RvP was tearing it up there, enough is enough.
Hard to call him the traitor when he's done nothing but produce and been rewarded for his efforts by club produced hit pieces and being dropped by the manager(and then brought on to try to save the day) for precious more than asking for some effort from his teammates.
I wonder what the difference is between top players leaving us after years of fighting for top four and players not leaving Man Utd after also 5 years now of fighting for top four. Money?
Sanchez does annoy me the fact that he has been disrespectful and not given a 100% and he's a little **** for that . But I don't see him as a snake like Van Persie and I wouldn't put him in the same league.
One of the good things about letting Sanchez go to United is that we won’t need to watch him win the league anytime soon.
I might be ridiculed now but I actually won`t mind Arnautovic here. Very good player and a strong character too. Struggled the first few games but he`s impressed me every time I`ve seen West ham.

Adnan07

I just joined to read news about United as its easier than going to different sites and thought it will be better to join in case this site becomes members only and never posted anything but i am just astonished to see this.
Why would anyone even think about selling probably our most important player and also the most exciting prospect? There is a reason why Arsenal fans want him in exchange. Even opposition fans admire his quality.
Same here. I love to just read through this forum for news. But that post made me cringe so hard. Letting all newbies and fellow man utd fans down.

Red_toad

Whether he's better on the left or the right doesn't matter, what matters is he'll be better in a United jersey than not.
If he plays on the left, then it'll be at the detriment of our 2 best younger attacking players. In that case I'd not want him at the club.

Bobski

Rio's argument that he should go to City to win things makes me a little sad. Where is the achievement in winning when everything is stacked in your favour? Sign for City, win a league title and pretend to yourself that you made a difference.

Leicester's title win was worth about 5 from City. Those players and coaches did something incredible, legendary, they will be tellling stories about it decades from now when City buying a few tawdry trophies financed by horrific bastards is forgotten.

Will Singh

Still not recovered from Tiago saga and still get visions of footballs with “Nos Vamos En Manchester” written on it so keep away from big transfer speculation.

So please could someone tell me if Sanchez is highly likely it’s ON or just another Caf pipe dream?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Still not recovered from Tiago saga and still get visions of footballs with “Nos Vamos En Manchester” written on it so keep away from big transfer speculation.

So please could someone tell me if Sanchez is highly likely it’s ON or just another Caf pipe dream?
For me, it’s not something that I can see happening but it’s just more of a situation that we are more likely than anyone else. Not sure Alexis even wants this move but he just wants to get away from the toxic envoirenment of Arsenal, and we’re the closest platform for him to leap to that has the resources to make it happen. Feels a bit like the Di Maria move to United but feel Mourinho is a manager that can actually stimulate Alexis.

Last edited:

Hanky panky

I would say there's at least 50% chance that it's happening. There are good signs like dropping odds and that reliable journalists like Di Marzio are writing about it. Some random tweets you can ignore but Di Marzio has good history with transfer rumours. This isn't the most obvious one (like Pep to City or Mou and Zlatan to United) but there is a real chance it's on (unlike Ramos or Ronaldo to United). Imo.

promisedlanchiao

If reliable sources have reported that Sanchez is coming and Jose hasn’t denied it, then there must be a slight chance at least of him coming (ala Matic)

elnorte

Freaky fly day

I would say there's at least 50% chance that it's happening. There are good signs like dropping odds and that reliable journalists like Di Marzio are writing about it. Some random tweets you can ignore but Di Marzio has good history with transfer rumours. This isn't the most obvious one (like Pep to City or Mou and Zlatan to United) but there is a real chance it's on (unlike Ramos or Ronaldo to United). Imo.
Yep. I feel it's somewhat reminiscent of the Pogba saga at the moment.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
For me, it’s not something that I can see happening but it’s just more of a situation that we are more likely than anyone else. Not sure Alexis even wants this move but he just wants to get away from the toxic envoirenment of Arsenal, and we’re the closest platform for him to leap to that has the resources to make it happen. Feels a bit like the Di Maria move to United but feel Mourinho is a manager that can actually stimulate Alexis.
£2380.95 an hour, and he get's stimulated by the Manager, it's a hard life !!

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Why wouldn't he move to Liverpool?

I'd be surprised if they weren't in for him
At a bargain price.

Whoever offers thea best deal will get him.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This just in from those billionaires at Liverpool!:

Mystery Man
TLW said:
The interwebz are abuzz with rumours that we're after a player that reporters have only referred to as a "mystery man," in theory because the club have clamped down hard on the news getting out. Even respected journo Rafa Honigstein has confirmed that Liverpool are after a player where the news isn't out there yet and that it would be for a January move (he was refuting that we were in for Pulisic as the mystery man because he says that one will be someone we look to buy in the summer).

Now today, Macca off the (in?)famous Liverpool Rumours site, who actually has a decent reputation for knowing things before they're public, has said that "the player they are pushing for is top, top class" and that he'll be very surprised if it comes off. The only other thing he says of note is that the first choice player isn't one of the "usual suspects."

Berba's_Flick

I don't think Mourinho would have said what he did unless he was confident the deal was going to happen. It's a loss of face for both him and United if Sanchez opts for City after the United manager declares an interest. Nothing is done of course, but I'd be surprised if Mourinho doesn't believe it will be.
This! Mourinho is very smart with his comments on potential transfers and will only comment if there is a good chance that the player will come. A lot of posters here seem to forget that for all the City wank fest we still have one of the most decorated managers in the league and a LOT of players would still love to play for him. Also the money we're throwing at players these days helps!

Hawks2008

ALEXIS SANCHEZ | WELCOME TO MANCHESTER UNITED | CRAZY GOAL SHOW AND SKILLS | 2018 | DESPACITO

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Rio really said he should go to City for footballing reasons...

I don't care if he's trying to be unbiased but he shouldn't be saying those things. Not when we're trying to sign him.

Morpheus 7

Rio really said he should go to City for footballing reasons...

I don't care if he's trying to be unbiased but he shouldn't be saying those things. Not when we're trying to sign him.
It's disappointing but it's not going to interfere with his decision. I doubt Alexis is waiting to hear from the wisdom of Rio. Be nice to see a little more loyalty from our ex player's though. Then again do you want delusional bias like Souness, Thompson ect.

BigCaine

This just in from those billionaires at Liverpool!:

Mystery Man
To be fair the Marca guy on site did say we would were signing pogba before even di Marzio was ready to go beyond utd want pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.