Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Rio really said he should go to City for footballing reasons...

I don't care if he's trying to be unbiased but he shouldn't be saying those things. Not when we're trying to sign him.
It's disappointing but it's not going to interfere with his decision. I doubt Alexis is waiting to hear from the wisdom of Rio. Be nice to see a little more loyalty from our ex player's though. Then again do you want delusional bias like Souness, Thompson ect.
Yeah, I agree. Rio's a fecking absolute legend and I love the guy, but I was surprised at that.

Especially since Utd are 2nd in the PL (above Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arse), in the CL, and can offer Sanchez trophies and massive wages...

And he's more guaranteed game time here, and to be a more important member of the squad!

Maybe Rio knows that he's citeh bound really and wanted to kind of lessen the press/media push with this..?

Betson

Rio really said he should go to City for footballing reasons...

I don't care if he's trying to be unbiased but he shouldn't be saying those things. Not when we're trying to sign him.
I know it does not help is but he is only stating the obvious , Sanchez is at the stage in his career where he starts to look back at what he has achieved and won in the game , he has only a few good years left now at his peak and he is already set up for life financially no matter where he goes. A lot of it will be down to where he thinks he can win the most trophies. At the moment that goes against us as he is already almost guaranteed a premier league winners medal the very instant he signs for City and the promise of more to come.

This will come down to Jose and Utd convincing him that we are a club on the way up again and that we are going to win things and get back to the top in the next few years.

Karlkim SK

I know it does not help is but he is only stating the obvious , Sanchez is at the stage in his career where he starts to look back at what he has achieved and won in the game , he has only a few good years left now at his peak and he is already set up for life financially no matter where he goes. A lot of it will be down to where he thinks he can win the most trophies. At the moment that goes against us as he is already almost guaranteed a premier league winners medal the very instant he signs for City and the promise of more to come.
If Sanchez chose City and won the PL this year, everybody would know that it has nothing to do with him since City is winning anyway, so I hope it won't matter much.

Giggs86

Still not recovered from Tiago saga and still get visions of footballs with “Nos Vamos En Manchester” written on it so keep away from big transfer speculation.

So please could someone tell me if Sanchez is highly likely it’s ON or just another Caf pipe dream?
We got the Mourinho factor this time around. If he's after a player then most likely it's a done deal.

We brought Pogba back which seemed impossible back then when he was on Madrid's radar. I'm sure that Mourinho wouldn't have tried to sign a player if he wasn't certain that the transfer will go through.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Dog molester. :lol:

Rio's half right though. If footballing reasons means trophies in the immediate future, yeah, City should be his choice. We might have a chance at the CL this season but that's a long shot. And City are in the CL too. Imagine if you had a coma in 2009, and just woke up. City's the football move, and United's the money move. It's quite a turnaround.

RC89

I think if we get Sanchez this Jan, we'll defo get ozil for free in the summer. Seems a bit odd were not even trying for ozil given he'd be available for relatively cheap too. Could it be we have it wrapped up already for the summer? Whereas with Sanchez, it's matter of us now or someone else later?

Hawks2008

I think if we get Sanchez this Jan, we'll defo get ozil for free in the summer. Seems a bit odd were not even trying for ozil given he'd be available for relatively cheap too. Could it be we have it wrapped up already for the summer? Whereas with Sanchez, it's matter of us now or someone else later?
Imagine the meltdown on AFTV if we get their two best players, there would be a lynch mob in the streets out for Wenger's blood.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You can't really blame Rio, it's not his fault he's thick as pig shit
Rio's an intelligent guy. He's a good pundit, is media savvy, and has a lot of life experience of things both good and bad.

He's either just being honest and giving his own opinion, or he's maybe trying to quell the hope that Sanchez signs for Utd.

Berba's_Flick

At the end of the day, my point is that Martial is average. If Wenger is willing to take Martial for Sanchez, I would do that all day without any hesitation.

I don't understand why people are so protective of an average player. What does he do that is so spectacular?

In a couple of years, Martial will be just another guy who could have been this or that.

This is just my opinion. People don't have to lose their shit.

The question you need to ask is who would you have in your team now? Martial or Sanchez?
What else has your crystal ball shown you?
If you seriously are willing to give up on a 22 year old who has shown tremendous potential and ability just because he isn't world class now you haven't been following football long enough. Consider this, Henry peaked at 26, so let's say Martial takes the same amount of time, that's exactly when Sanchez will have declined. So we have a has been and Arsenal have a forward who is gonna tear it up for the next 8 years.

SATA

I would jizz myself silly if he isn't in the Arsenal squad for the game later. But then of course, he could be going to City

WPMUFC

Will someone @ me when there’s something concrete about this? Gracias.
Di Marzio says we are a frontrunner and Ornistein/Stone from BBC have said we might hijack as city play hard ball. I'd class that as concrete.

This isn't just a typical transfer, we are really trying to hijack a seemingly well entrenched agreement between a player and a secondary club.

In the space of two days we've managed to dramatically change the narrative of the deal. As fans, we can only hope the hijack pays off.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Rio's an intelligent guy. He's a good pundit, is media savvy, and has a lot of life experience of things both good and bad.

He's either just being honest and giving his own opinion, or he's maybe trying to quell the hope that Sanchez signs for Utd.
He”s being honest. Rio joined us purely for success and silverware. That is what motivates him. He developed a love for the club from that self actualisation. There’s nothing intrinsic in Rio’s relationship to United.

POF

Di Marzio says we are a frontrunner and Ornistein/Stone from BBC have said we might hijack as city play hard ball. I'd class that as concrete.

This isn't just a typical transfer, we are really trying to hijack a seemingly well entrenched agreement between a player and a secondary club.

In the space of two days we've managed to dramatically change the narrative of the deal. As fans, we can only hope the hijack pays off.
The most difficult part of this "hijack" is the expectation that Arsenal need to replace him before they let him go. With their transfer nous that could take weeks so gives City more time to react.

With Lukaku and Berbatov before, both players were signed before the other club even knew of United's interest. This one will be much harder to pull off. There's also the underlying issue that Arsenal would rather sell to anyone but United all things being equal.

ThaReaper01

I more meant some sort of confirmation from one of the clubs. Some substance. You are 5 hours ahead of me so you’ll likely find something out while I sleep.

Rednotdead

That's not "concrete", that's just somebody saying something in the same way you or I might.

Rednotdead

If Sanchez joins Utd it'll be for the money and nothing else.

I still maintain his smart play is to wait it out at Arsenal until the Summer, sign for City for free and pick up a massive signing on fee. I feel that's what City are banking on by refusing to meet Arsenal's terms.

Womp

idiot
That's not "concrete", that's just somebody saying something in the same way you or I might.
Difference being they're the most reliable journos going, we aren't. Add to that Jose has basically confirmed we're working on it, something I doubt he'd do if it wasn't close.

If that's not concrete, I really don't know what is for you, apart from an official announcement.

wonnie

Is this really happening? Haven't posted in years but such is the incredulousness of the Sanchez saga it has made me log back in.

In terms of how he would fit in, would we try something like:

Martial Lukaku
Sanchez

Shaw Matic Pogba Valencia

Jones Bailly Lindelof

Would allow our best players, Pogba, Martial and the incoming Sanchez to play in their best roles.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I still maintain his smart play is to wait it out at Arsenal until the Summer, sign for City for free and pick up a massive signing on fee.
I feel that's what City are banking on by refusing to meet Arsenal's terms.
You can’t think of any other reasons Sanchez might choose United other than money. Really?

And despite that you admit that he could stay at Arsenal for a few months and still sign for City for “a massive signing on fee”.

But if he joins us it will have been because he chose money, right?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I more meant some sort of confirmation from one of the clubs. Some substance. You are 5 hours ahead of me so you’ll likely find something out while I sleep.
He's not in the future, you know?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

I still maintain his smart play is to wait it out at Arsenal until the Summer, sign for City for free and pick up a massive signing on fee. I feel that's what City are banking on by refusing to meet Arsenal's terms.
Don't be alarmed, but I think your account has been hacked by a Man City fan :(

Rockets Redglare

Yes because he’ll be playing for free for City won’t he. Every player that has signed for City since they hit the jackpot has joined for the money yet no one seems to have an issue with that.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

This will come down to Jose and Utd convincing him that we are a club on the way up again and that we are going to win things and get back to the top in the next few years.
I thought about that as well. Sanchez has never won the PL, right?

minoo-utd

Guillem Balague? Is that you? be ware lots of Garys are here.

Rednotdead

You can’t think of any other reasons Sanchez might choose United other than money. Really?

And despite that you admit that he could stay at Arsenal for a few months and still sign for City for “a massive signing on fee”.

But if he joins us it will have been because he chose money, right?
Yes. If he really wants to play for City he'll wait it out. He'll get the signing on fee as well.

There's never been any indication he's ever wanted to join Utd.

Flytan

I love how people's argument is "he signs for United only for money" when the only reason City has players is because of offering them more money than anyone else.

Not to mention people's argument is that he should wait for a City move in the summer for free because he can get a massive bonus for signing the contract. Isn't that worth money in itself?

It's obvious City was/is his preferred choice, but he hates Arsenal and wants to leave. He looks at it and sees that City won't stump up a mere 10M more to Arsenal when they paid 40M for a fullback. It has to make him think "do they really want me?".

All in all City is the obvious choice for him but it's hilarious City fans comment about United and money when they literally wouldn't even be relevant right now without winning the lottery.

Rednotdead

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him at Utd. It just depends how his mind is working and that's something we can't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.