Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Recently, yes. In his career he has mostly played on the right though.

That’s an incredible goal record for someone who hasn’t played as a out and out striker for most of his career. Almost 1 goal in every 2 games even from the wing.

IAmAWinner

While Griezmann is younger, I'd rather have Sanchez. Griezmann seems too attached to Spain, which carries the extra risk of him not adapting here and doing a Di Maria. Not to mention that he'd cost more than 3 times over what Sanchez would cost. And he didn't move to us in the summer when he had the chance. So feck him

TL;DR; Feck Griezmann
IMO Griezmann did the right thing not joining us this summer, remember Atletico got a ban and they wouldn't have got a proper replacement for him, Griezmann acted like a gentleman and didn't leave the club that made him world class in a bigger mess. He would have 100% come if there was no ban.
Maybe ED goes full muppet and signs Alexis this month and Griezmann in the summer. :drool:

MadMike

IMO Griezmann did the right thing not joining us this summer, remember Atletico got a ban and they wouldn't have got a proper replacement for him, Griezmann acted like a gentleman and didn't leave the club that made him world class in a bigger mess. He would have 100% come if there was no ban.
Maybe ED goes full muppet and signs Alexis this month and Griezmann in the summer. :drool:
Did he tell you this or what?

Macern

Pee pee pants
I think it'd be best for the team if he plays on the right. Obviously with freedom to drift around. Though I can see him demanding to play on the left, or centrally. Hopefully he isn't too fussed about where he plays.

Castia

4-3-3 with him playing from the right side of the front 3 for me.

Martial Lukaku Alexis

Pogba Just behind with Matic and Herrera (big summer replacement here) behind.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why are our ex players continually trying to sabotage us? Absolutely insane.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
It's not that they don't need him, they don't need him as bad as we are. The way their owners think probably is that they already have the PL in the bag and they also fancy their chances in other competitions with their current attacking outlet.

They can miss out on Sanchez, whether we desperately need a player of his caliber to save our season. IMO City's mindset in this is if he comes he comes, if not then no big deal. It's already a great season and there will be plenty of new shiny targets in the summer.
I am also hoping that turns out to be the case. I wouldn't bank on it yet though, we just don't know enough actual facts yet to be sure. My Dad is a Blue and he was round my house today scoffing at our chances of landing Sanchez if City are in for him. He believes an almost guaranteed PL title to get the ball rolling, and the potential of a good few years seriously contending the top prizes in a top team is more than enough to clinch it for City.

Time will tell i suppose.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
School of headaches.

3/11 5/1 7/2 it just looks stupid.

Decimal odds make sense and I don't see how you disagree.
Both make sense. It's hardly strenuous to work out 7/2 is shorter odds than 5/1. For the purposes of betting you dont tend to bet £1.25 or whatever. At 7/2 I know if I put 20 quid on then I'll get 70 back.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why are people talking about fraction vs decimal odds; virtually every betting site lets you switch between the two.

Nick7

Whether he's better on the left or the right doesn't matter, what matters is he'll be better in a United jersey than not.

WPMUFC

Seems I'm late to the party. :D can so some clarify to meet who changed what ? :D
Duncan castles has a story in the paper claiming we are confident in getting sanchez and Jose sees him as filling two roles (striker and winger)

The paper keeps changing what the story is supposed to be. Right now they have a Rio headline on Castles' story when the old headline was "Manchester United Confident on Sanchez"

Nucks

RT History Department
Apologies if we are not allowed to post media here, but the whole talk of us yet to formalise the bid or agent package just reminds me of this :lol:

el3mel

@Macern changed his pants - for the fourth time today.
That's a record.

Duncan castles has a story in the paper claiming we are confident in getting sanchez and Jose sees him as filling two roles (striker and winger)

The paper keeps changing what the story is supposed to be. Right now they have a Rio headline on Castles' story when the old headline was "Manchester United Confident on Sanchez"
Story bottom left. Was this originally:

Then changed to say "Rio: Sanchez should choose City" with the Rio quotes thrown in.
Thanks. Ridiculous journalism as usual.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Arsenal Fan TV will be epic if we manage to pull this off.

There will definitely be blud

Status
Not open for further replies.