Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Uggh

RVP. We refused to sell Debuchy to you lot FFS.

The board probably think this is a fantastic deal for a guy with six months left on his deal......

Its like none of them care about the implications of this. Selling our best player to a rival while we try to get in the top 4.

Absolutely unforgivable. Every person from Kroenke down to Wenger is responsible for this state of affairs. Why didn't we accept City's bid in the summer if this is what we are doing now.

Sickening. Just completely sickening.
Dont be salty, you should worry about Spurs and Chelsea way more than us, your true rivals, also for top 4. Our peak rivalry was quite some time ago, we both have different main rivals now.

We also sold you Welbz, be a bit grateful and let Alexis leave to us to reach bigger things than only fighting for top 4.

IAmAWinner

So Arsenal has finished ahead of us every season since SAF and still here we are, most likely signing their best player. What a **** of a club.
Wenger just shouldn't bother anymore and should walk.

AndyJ1985

It's funny isn't it. They refused to sell us Vermaelen, an injury prone turd, but they sold us two talisman in RVP and now Sanchez.

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
Uggh

RVP. We refused to sell Debuchy to you lot FFS.

The board probably think this is a fantastic deal for a guy with six months left on his deal......

Its like none of them care about the implications of this. Selling our best player to a rival while we try to get in the top 4.

Absolutely unforgivable. Every person from Kroenke down to Wenger is responsible for this state of affairs. Why didn't we accept City's bid in the summer if this is what we are doing now.

Sickening. Just completely sickening.
I always found this weird, he wasn't even a big player for your guys back then, similar level to silvestre when we sold him to you lot.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
And only once the success, which was fortunately perfectly timed with the Premier League money boom, had come did we start being able to blow other clubs...
And even that boom was massively boosted by watchable, brilliant & exciting United players like Giggs and Cantona (who were either really cheap or homegrown).

acnumber9

But then take in to account the inflation over 25 years we were spending big to get us in the position we are in now and have spent big over many years. To me it’s just funny seeing people complain about the money they spend, can spend when it was exactly what all these other clubs said about us.
Manchester United are only the third highest spenders in Premier League history despite being comfortably the most successful club. They’re also not far ahead of Liverpool despite them not having won a single title.

Yes Utd broke the transfer record a few times but it was usually one big signing aligned with clever purchases and homegrown players. That is until we stopped being successful and starting spending more. The British transfer record was broken by many clubs over the last 25 years or so, including Blackburn, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Man City. I think the mistake you’ve made is swallowing the shite that’s been fed to you by opposition fans over the years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And even that boom was massively boosted by watchable, brilliant & exciting United players like Giggs and Cantona (who were either really cheap or homegrown).
Yeah but we bought Ashley Young for 27m 18m so obviously we just buy success.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So you were asking if I was trying to be slow to understand? Does that make any sense to you?

But anyway what am I being slow to understand? That some how them spending money now is different from us spending money in the past when none of our rivals could compete with it?
I don't think there's been a period in the last 20 or so years where we've been so financially dominant that our rivals could not compete. No where near as bad as Chelsea 2003-2007, or City 2008-now. Sure, the recent years we've been matching with city, sort of. But can't imagine we'll spend 130 mil on 3 fullbacks in one window.

Difference between us and those sugar daddy clubs, is that we've earned our money and they've had theirs given to them. Financial doping was a term used last summer.

If you can't see the difference between united and them, there's no point debating.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
The one where I was right and backed it all up with articles from many drink aware sources, press releases from the government, press stories and scientific studies but yet somehow all that on the CAF was written off. I good one pal.
Right or wrong, you are killing my Sunday joy, man! Let us have our premature euphoria this morning at least. :)

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Apparently on Sunday supplement today, they said Pep was planning on meeting with Sanchez.
With the speed this move seems to be going at, I'm not sure when they expect this meeting to take place with City playing Liverpool in a few hours.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
For those saying "he should've gone to PSG if it was all about the money". (Not aimed at you maxi) Those folks need to look at the bigger picture; Arsenal needed a replacement that they couldn't get.

The city deal in the last window was all about funding Lemar and it all broke down. From there MUFC have seemingly improved handsomely on the money front and we now have a CHANCE.
Yeah who gives a feck if it’s the money I’m not paying it. The only thing is going to happen is that I’ll feel little less sad forking 50 odd quid a month for BT Sport and Sky Sports cause I’ll be watching Sanchez play for us.

hubbuh

That was just £16M. I'm going to give you some rope here, keep going...
How can a Utd fan above the age of 21 (bit of a random choice of age) not remember that summer so distinctly?! 80m for Ronaldo, replaced by 16m on Valencia, 3m on Obertan and Mickey Owen on a free. Lovely stuff

acnumber9

If Sánchez joins United a few years after Van Persie left Arsenal for Old Trafford...Arsenal fans might explode.
I think Arsenal fans just feel resignation at this stage. Nothing changes with the club and doesn’t look likely to anytime soon.

black_crow

I hope he comes. He is exactly what we need.
He would make United a better team wherever he plays.

We need a fighter and Sanchez is a hard worker, which Mourinho demands of all his forwards.

Paxi

“He’s lost a yard of pace anyway.
I’ve been saying that for months.”
—————-

“Plus, whilst no one seems to remember, it reminds me a bit of the Rodney Marsh transfer.

Think we’ve escaped and expensive mistake here.”

Lol City fans on Bluemoon! You couldn’t make this shit up!

AndyJ1985

—————-

“Plus, whilst no one seems to remember, it reminds me a bit of the Rodney Marsh transfer.

It's always fascinating to view human behaviour when it comes to rationalising ways to cope with disappointment.

Paxi

It's always fascinating to view human behaviour when it comes to rationalising ways to cope with disappointment.
I know... anything to deflect the dissatisfaction, the disappointment.

sully1

Malcoms agent pretty much confirms, Malcom is a gunner on Instagram.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One good thing about Alexis is that he doesn’t rely hugely on pace, he’s an excellent “static” dribbler, a bit like Nani was for us.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
It might be as much not wanting to pay the reported £400k p/w and however many millions to the agent, only KDB at City deserves that sort of cash and he's on no where near that.

Certainly think if I was Sanchez I'd probably chose United now as they're going all out for him whilst city seem pretty meh about the whole thing
Those astronomical wages are a major concern for us. We are currently extending several players contracts and I'm sure their agents will be wanting some sort of parity with Sanchez if he came. I just think Utd have totally blown us out of the water and we've decided to step aside. I do think we have our eyes on two other players coming, Cover for Dinho is of paramount importance. I'm hearing Fred talks are going well.

Back to Sanchez though, it will certainly strengthen our rival if as expected he rocks up there.

Patrick220571

I don't think there's been a period in the last 20 or so years where we've been so financially dominant that our rivals could not compete. No where near as bad as Chelsea 2003-2007, or City 2008-now. Sure, the recent years we've been matching with city, sort of. But can't imagine we'll spend 130 mil on 3 fullbacks in one window.

Difference between us and those sugar daddy clubs, is that we've earned our money and they've had theirs given to them. Financial doping was a term used last summer.

If you can't see the difference between united and them, there's no point debating.
Spot on. During the Premier League era we have had to contend with Jack Walker throwing money around at Blackburn and Sir John Hall doing similar at Newcastle in the 90's. Not to mention Abramovich and the Sheikh more recently. Yes we had/have money, but we were never able to 'blow everyone out of the water'.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
—————-

He has lost his burst of pace though.

WPMUFC

what are the odds (if we do get him and he's not going to city) that we've promised him the number 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.