Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We paid for that success tho. We certainly sustained it with success and even made our wallet bigger due to it but we paid to put ourselves in that position.
Where did that money come from? It was generated organically through our own success. There’s a massive difference between that and being an absolutely nothing club for 50 years before billions of pounds of oil money are ploughed into it.

AndyJ1985

We paid for that success tho. We certainly sustained it with success and even made our wallet bigger due to it but we paid to put ourselves in that position.
Of course we paid. No club in history has won anything by assembling a team of players for free. Surely the difference between the level of spending and the standard of management involved doesn't need explaining to you?

Crashoutcassius

Even if we don't get him but we force city to pay 400k per week that is a good result. If their players realise they can get any money they want their wages will start to spiral

Red Devil Rising

What surprise me the most if this deal does go through and Sanchez joins United, is the fact that Wenger has actually sold another player too United. I recall him saying that he would never sell another player to United after RVP deal.
We're probably the lesser of the two evils after City's 11th hour transfer deadline day bid for him that would have left them with little time to get a replacement.

Ss3bba

We should be looking to sign players who genuinely wants to play for the club then the one who joins just for money.
We’ve been trying to sign him for years. It could be that when he was told that we’re still interested, it was an easy decision for him

OneUnited24

What surprise me the most if this deal does go through and Sanchez joins United, is the fact that Wenger has actually sold another player too United. I recall him saying that he would never sell another player to United after RVP deal.
We gave them Welbeck. He probably feels he still owes us one

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm staying cautiously optimistic with this. Be fantastic if it happens, but still expecting City to come back in with a huge cash offer late on.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Still think City will come in and match our offer to Sanchez.

They might think that they don't need him, but they sure as shit will be very conscious about how he will strengthen us.

Us signing him would go far to repair our sometimes lacklustre attack, City will be fully aware of this and when money doesn't matter you might as well stop a rival from strengthening.

Andersons Dietician

Of course we paid. No club in history has won anything by assembling a team of players for free. Surely the difference between the level of spending and the standard of management involved doesn't need explaining to you?
But then take in to account the inflation over 25 years we were spending big to get us in the position we are in now and have spent big over many years. To me it’s just funny seeing people complain about the money they spend, can spend when it was exactly what all these other clubs said about us.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're probably the lesser of the two evils after City's 11th hour transfer deadline day bid for him that would have left them with little time to get a replacement.
We're more relevant to their attempts at securing top four than City are though. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd sooner strengthen City than United.

WPMUFC

Money > Fans screaming on YT/Twitter.

Does anyone actually think Wenger or Kronke give any thought to the fans? Their contempt for the arsenal fan base is a plain as day.

They will take the better money deal every time over "optics"

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Apparently on Sunday supplement today, they said Pep was planning on meeting with Sanchez.

Andersons Dietician

Young didnt cost £27m, he was at most £18m.

Edit: Which I'd argue was a great bit of business considering his achievements and his adaptability.
My bad you’re right I was thinking Valencia. Young was 18 with supposed add on that took it to 21mil in 2011

Needham

Apparently on Sunday supplement today, they said Pep was planning on meeting with Sanchez.
If this turns out to be the mother of all ploys to force City's hand financially I will kill Sanchez and everyone he loves.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I genuinely can't believe City's position can change so drastically in a matter of months. How do you go from sanctioning a £60m bid in the summer to refusing to budge on £20m in the winter?

They spent £26m on a back-up full back in the summer and now they're willing to let a player of Sanchez's ilk sign for a rival because they deem £35m to be too much for him? Either this isn't the whole story or they are incredibly stupid.
I think it's quite obvious that the media haven't got a fecking clue and this whole 'Sanchez was City or absolutely nothing!' is a bunch of nonsense.

They've somehow managed to create this narrative of 'Pep or money', FFS. It's fecking ridiculous.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Sánchez joins United a few years after Van Persie left Arsenal for Old Trafford...Arsenal fans might explode.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I still expect a late turn in City's favour. When all media start giving us hope things usually go to shite pretty fast afterwards.

Red Devil Rising

Think a few are getting ahead of themselves on here. Not saying he's not coming, but there's going to be an awful lot of tears on here should he go anywhere else by the way some are acting.

On a forum with a bunch of 9 year olds :rolleyes:

Castia

It’s just Neil Ashton reporting it to City almost every other Journo is on the United boat. It could go any way but it won’t be on what Ashton says he’s clueless.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
400k seems outrageous, how will this go down to the squad? He earns twice as de gea

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he only cared about the money then why didn't he go to PSG in the summer when they were sniffing around him?

—————

Maybe he didn't want to play in a Mickey Mouse team.
Obviously City as a club has more history than PSG by a long stretch but feck me cant they see the parallels in how they both came up?

Status
Not open for further replies.