Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think we'd know by now if City were gonna match our offer.

Swift Football

It should be Martial on the left and Sanchez on the right, I do agree we need an improvement on Herrera though, and we can hope Shaw stays fit for the remainder of the season and then we can hope for next season, as for our CB pairing I think it's good enough, and I agree that we should get an improvement in the RB position.
Being good enough CB pairing and title winning CB pairing is totally different. OUr CBs are okay, but not good enough for winning titles.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
thats always such a nonsene idea...... players get better with good coaching and game time not sitting on the bench.
Who said they'd sit on the bench? One of martial or rashford will still probably start (obviously martial). Difference is, he'll have Sanchez taking more attention away, leaving more space for him to do his thing. It makes a world of difference for players like that to have someone to force the opposition to split focus on. Our attack desperately needs a player like sanchez who can score 20 goals a season, create for others, and offer that x-factor in terms of quality so that the others can also improve. I've said it all along, but martial and rashford are never going to get consistency when they're the only ones offering that sort of cutting edge and we focus our attacks down the one side through them. They'll both improve having more talent alongside them on the pitch, especially having a world class player.

It's like how Messi can make anyone he plays alongside in Barca have ridiculous goalscoring numbers. He drags so much attention away and sets up for everyone else so that the others have more space to do their own thing. Sanchez will have that effect for Martial and Rashford, whenever they play.

Besides, if either of them ready Sanchez's level as a player, they'd have done brilliantly, because he's undoubtedly world class.

Look at Rooney and Ronaldo when they were developing. They had giggs, scholes, van nistelrooy as world class players, and also others who could rotate with them to give them rests when needed. We didn't rely on them or have them as key players until 06/07 when Sir Alex felt they were ready to be the main men. Look at Sane and Sterling. They have de Bruyne, Silva and Aguero to take attention away from them, leaving them to be consistent and deadly this season. If they focus on the wings, then they'll get killed by the 3 experienced players.

For us, we go through martial. Shut him down, sure we have pogba, but his main out all is to martial or rashford. Or Valencia, our right back. Needs someone else in attack, since Lukaku is more just the finishing touches.

Coxy

And you support utd?
So if you support united you have to be blinkered and think we’re the best club in the world? We can’t see the advantages of other clubs?

Come on mate - just because he said that doesn’t mean he’s not a fan.

D. Mungai

On the United official website store.. Alexis name is listed between Pogba and Mata's name as option of name of t shirts. I have the screenshot.

I can not attach the pic here coz of restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:

United Pro

Means, standby between City and Utd. Sounds like it can still go either way
Yeah if so, this could be a stress fest.
Tend to sit on the fence when it comes to Utd and transfers. Only when either our club release something or the BBC report it for certain will I believe
That's what I've learned to do after getting excited in the past about numerous players we were reportedly signing, just for it not come to fruition.

automaticflare

He is exactly type of player who we are missing.
A real game changer who can consistently create something on his own in the final third a la hazard, eriksen, coutinho etc
We have two exciting youn forwards in rashford and martial who we have been relying on and some inconsistent experienced players in mata and Miki. Sanchez would take some of the burden and focus off whoever is playing on the other side.
Lingard has stepped up in last 10 games and remains to be seen if he can keep it up. We cannot stake our hopes on a 10 game run.
Screw the money, just go and get this lad he is that good.

————lukaku————
Martial-lingard-Sanchez
———pogba-matic——-

There is so much threat there and potential with rashford and mata as cover in attacking spots which given their inconsistency is where they should be right now.

I still fear city will stump up extra few million to get him. Doesn’t make sense that they won’t after dropping 150m in full backs in the summer.

AltiUn

They can still act after the Liverpool game and tomorrow.
No team that's 15 points clear is gonna panic buy after 1 bad result, it doesn't make any logical sense.

RedDevilUnited369

Liverpool just scored. Anyone else think a negative result for City could lead to a Pep text the the Sheikh “sign Sanchez by any means”

SammyUnited_83

Wengers half in, half out comments suggests to me at this point it's between us and Arsenal.

He had already agreed to go to city in the summer so it would appear that offer is no longer on the table.

That could change though.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Liverpool just scored. Anyone else think a negative result for City could lead to a Pep text the the Sheikh “sign Sanchez by any means”
Nope. Wherever he is going has already been decided and the result of this game is entirely irrelevant.

strandty

This is my worry. But then again, their faults tonight haven’t been anything to do with attacking...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think people are rating them higher than merited. I've watched them this season and they've made everyone else in the Premier League look average. I still think that come a quarter or semi in the CL against Madrid or Barca that they get turned over.

They're a top side, but I don't see them as being CL winners or at the same level of Barca/Bayern/Real when any of those three are playing in full gear. Not even close for me.
You might be right Michael...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No team that's 15 points clear is gonna panic buy after 1 bad result, it doesn't make any logical sense.
Its a silly market though..and Jesus is out for a while. You never know :nervous:

tony54

Liverpool killing man city off 3 1 with silly mistakes from MC shaky defence.

AndyJ1985

The idea that City losing their first league game of the season will prompt them in to panic buying another attacker is hilarious.

AltiUn

Its a silly market though..and Jesus is out for a while. You never know :nervous:
Not particularly, which is why they're not that fussed about signing him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.