Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
people said the same about RVP and wasn't even a winger or reliant on pace like Sanchez.

Ive always thought buying wingers or players reliant on pace on big wages when they are close to 30 is not a clever idea.
RvP was always fecked with injuries though. Sanchez is really fit and has never had serious injuries.

He's also not really reliant on pace at all. Moreso his power and low center of gravity.

ZAGREB RED

I was just thinking that this anonymous display by Aguero (so far) may well loosen The Sheikh's purse strings
Must admit, I don't get that if City were willing to pay £60M last summer, why they seem unwilling to pay just over half of that now. If they really wanted him why wouldn't they just pay it. Only possible explanation is if they are getting him for nothing in the summer, or another target is now more appealing.

SirAF

Ageist
but he wont, as we arn't ready for that yet, and by the time we are he will be past his peak and probably still have years to run on his contract and Rashfords and Martials bright future will be a forgotten.
Sorry, I disagree. Players like Sanchez is exactly what United need to compete for the league, which I believe they will do next season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Still think he will go to City. Havent seen anything to convince me otherwise. Please give me hope caf
If you’ve read everything that’s been written and still don’t see anything in it at this point then nothing will.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tbh mate when he posted it it literally said like 18 seconds ago so thought it might have been on SSN but there's no other tweets saying the same so thinking it's shit, edited my last post.
Fair enough mate.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Don't think pool match matters, don't think it's even a case of agency fees, think it's whether or not they could get a replacement (Malcom).

Marcelinho87

but he wont, as we arn't ready for that yet, and by the time we are he will be past his peak and probably still have years to run on his contract and Rashfords and Martials bright future will be a forgotten.
We would not have won the league that season without RVP. Sometimes all it takes is a single player to get the best out of the rest of em.

I think AS7 Can be that one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
See the thing you're ignoring is that he would also be a huge help to martial and rashfords development. Young players always struggle for consistency when everyone relies on them to produce. U21 players being seen as the main men usually isnt a good sign. Signing someone like sanchez who can carry the burden and leave martial/rashford to develop as part of the supporting cast is the best possible scenario as less attention gets placed on them in game, meaning they have more space to play and grow as players. Then in 3 years or so after Sanchez declines, they will hopefully be good enough to take over the mantle of being the main men. If not, then they probably just aren't good enough anyway.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
So much wrong with this post. He isnt just a pace merchant, hes strong, a brilliant dribbler and has a great scoring rate for a wide forward.

And, how do you know this wont end well? Can you see into the future?
no it's just the common sense tells you players pretty much all start to slow down around the age sanchez is, so buying a player like him on what will be insane wages is not a very good bet long term.

ReallyUSA

it is when you a tested vet who plays in their position reducing their game time.

im all for buying world class players, buy a world class player who can play number 10 or a right winger, don't buy a near 30 year old left winger.
And they haven't done anything to say they deserve to start and carry the club. We can get a ten in the summer. This squad as is or even next year as is, isn't getting us a PL or CL title. United have to continue to acquire more world class players for that to happen. I love Martial, I love Rashford, but they aren't there right now.

Marcelinho87

no it's just the common sense tells you players pretty much all start to slow down around the age sanchez is, so buying a player like him on what will be insane wages is not a very good bet long term.
Common sense would tell you that IF he was reliant on pace but he is not.

He has so much more to his game that when he slows down he will still be able to dominate games bewcause of his technical ability, strength and scoring ability.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
See the thing you're ignoring is that he would also be a huge help to martial and rashfords development. Young players always struggle for consistency when everyone relies on them to produce. U21 players being seen as the main men usually isnt a good sign. Signing someone like sanchez who can carry the burden and leave martial/rashford to develop as part of the supporting cast is the best possible scenario as less attention gets placed on them in game, meaning they have more space to play and grow as players. Then in 3 years or so after Sanchez declines, they will hopefully be good enough to take over the mantle of being the main men. If not, then they probably just aren't good enough anyway.
thats always such a nonsene idea...... players get better with good coaching and game time not sitting on the bench.

Hans Moleman

There's absolutely zero chance this is sorted in 2 days if the outcome is a City deal. They've shown no interest at all in bidding what Arsenal want, or paying what the agent wants. There's still weeks of discussions there if the intent is to haggle the fee

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
48 hours? Fecking hell, just came back with a pack of beers full armed and ready.

Well, it won't be the first time to drink for 48 hours I guess.

pacifictheme

I've had this weird feeling all season that we'll get really deep into the Champions League knockouts; I'm thinking semis. Sanchez would give us that edge for sure.
I'd be disappointed with going out this round. Thr next would depend on our draw but if we can sign him that will help us for sure.

LeftyBlaster

Can’t see why he would want to join us. Our style of football seems so restrictive for him compared to Pep’s. Then throw in the guaranteed title this season. Play time might be a factor I guess but I can’t see it happening. Not sure he would be a success here either because of how slow and static we tend to be.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Common sense would tell you that IF he was reliant on pace but he is not.

He has so much more to his game that when he slows down he will still be able to dominate games bewcause of his technical ability, strength and scoring ability.
thats yet to be proven, some players manage to do that others don't, some players you take their pace away and they dade, other take it in their stride and other take a season or 2 to adapt.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This isnt some longer term buy of a player with potential. This is for instant success i.e. over the next 18 months or so.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
disagree, think siging players reliant on pace on insane wages at around 30, will never end well.
Depends though. Length of the contract we offer. Wages. Transfer fee.

In this case, surely the transfer fee “saving” due to his contract length, of signing a player of his ability in the current market justifies the signing quite a bit?

Marcelinho87

thats yet to be proven, some players manage to do that others don't, some players you take their pace away and they dade, other take it in their stride and other take a season or 2 to adapt.
And with it yet to be seen then your opinion is just as valid as mine.

I personally think he will be fine post pace, but even if we only get 3 years out of him for £30m then it is a steal.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
thats always such a nonsene idea...... players get better with good coaching and game time not sitting on the bench.
They get that good coaching from the worlds best players in their position giving them a helping hand, watching their game, working with them in training, not from Barry the coach who tells them to run sprints.

Mister_Stubbs

Just to scare everyone a bit more.. our price on sky bet has gone up and City’s has gotten shorter.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can’t see why he would want to join us. Our style of football seems so restrictive for him compared to Pep’s. Then throw in the guaranteed title this season. Play time might be a factor I guess but I can’t see it happening. Not sure he would be a success here either because of how slow and static we tend to be.
And you support utd?

Status
Not open for further replies.