Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

saaypundit

If we can get it him, get him.

A world class player for around £25 mil is a steal.

Forget Martial and Rashford.

We need quality NOW.

Swift Football

I am not at all hopeful of Sanchez coming to us, but I will be very happy if he did. Sanchez is one of those complete attackers and would fit in nicely at our #10. He will also allow us to rest Lukaku when needed.
If we indeed made a bid, its all on Sanchez to make a decision. I hope he end up with us.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I told you Dan that he is moving for money, pay him what he wants or he will join us.
Wait. We have a much better chance at winning some trophies, so technically if he bypasses that to join United then the money argument becomes valid. You’ll probably offer him more money afterall, since your need for him is far greater. Time will tell. :D Why do people always talk about wages when nobody has got a clue.

Peanut Butter

None of us know what's going on behind the scenes, stop pretending you're all experts on Sanchez and his aspirations.

You don't know if he's motivated by money, fame, a particular manager or even if he wants to stay in the UK.

He might want a move to City. But don't behave like it's gospel and 100% confirmed - it isn't.

Classical Mechanic

None of us know what's going on behind the scenes, stop pretending you're all experts on Sanchez and his aspirations.

You don't know if he's motivated by money, fame, a particular manager or even if he wants to stay in the UK.

He might want a move to City. But don't behave like it's gospel and 100% confirmed - it isn't.
Are we not allowed to speculate and more importantly, troll City fans!?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If BBC get on the act then I’ll definitely unzip.

Nikelesh Reddy

I would be thrilled if we somehow managed to pull this off,but City are clearly in the driving seat...Guardiola,the fact that they have been tracking him for a while and the fact that he would definitely become a PL champion probably still means that the dice is loaded in Citys favour...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Right....I don't think this is happening. Would love to be proved wrong but there are two reasons why it won't happen. One, Sanchez is basically guaranteed a league title this season if he goes to City, and two, if Wenger still has the power he's used to at Arsenal, he won't want to sell to Jose.

And thirdly, now that I think about it, I think we're once again being used by agents and/or clubs for others to get their deals done.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
It’s bullshit. Arsenal are simply trying to push up the fee at the last minute.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Same. Sort of waiting (hoping?) for that to happen before jumping on the wagon!
Yeah I mean I’m not fully aboard the muppet train but if someone like BBC run with the story I’ll get invested in it.

crossy1686

career ending
That was when LvG was in charge. Our transfer plans obviously changed after he was sacked (if those links were even true)
They all look like Woodward signings, as he likes to label himself a footballing hipster. LVG would have vetoed all of those for sure. We'd have got at least one or two if we'd of gone for it.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Well. Let’s look at it from Uniteds perspective.

For various reasons Greizmann decides to stay with AM last summer. The last couple of months there are noises about him going to Barcelona instead of moving to the PL. Maybe we have lost interest or just know we are out of the picture.

Zlatan makes his comeback in December but doesn’t look fit enough to deliver, suddenly he’s injured another month or so. The last I read about this was offers from China and US. Maybe he’s on his way out...

Mkhitaryan goes from goals/ass in his first five matches to not even make the bench for two three month. There are various reports that we looking for alternatives.

And on on top of it we are on our way to lose Carrick and probably Fellaini in the summer.

So quite soon we probably needs to invest in two midfielders, one fullback and one forward. If we lose both Mkhi and Zlatan we need two forwards.

Our net transfer budget is about £130-180m if we decide to invest the same as previous years.

Let’s say we know that Zlatan is gone before Mars/April. Maybe we have told Mhiki/Mino Raiola to search for other clubs and suddenly Arsenal open the door to a special deal because they don’t want to lose two world class players for free.

Mhiki + £25m is a good deal for Sanchez. Maybe we offer Mhiki + £50m for both Sanchez and Özil. We need both if we lose Zlatan and Mhiki.

What’s in it for Arsenal? Well one very good offensive midfielder plus the possibility to buy Lemar. They need a new playmaker and those doesn’t come cheap so £70-80m in January could be a good deal for both Arsenal and Monaco. This scenario looks much more appetizing then keeping two uninteresting players for another five month and losing them for free.

Our challenge is to convince Sanchez. A ton of money could do the business.

Maybe I’m totally wrong but dreaming is part of life. (Go Woody Go!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.