Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don’t know how reliable this guy is but he has the blue tick!

Yet the M.E.N. is reporting this.

11:35KEY EVENT
Mkhitaryan to Arsenal 'is done'
That is the claim from an Armenian journalist - and that would send Alexis Sanchez the other way.

T.V.‏Verified account @ThibaudVezirian

Le transfert de @HenrikhMkh à @Arsenal, c'est fait ! Alexis Sanchez file à @ManUtd

2:55 am - 16 Jan 2018
95 replies . 1,124 retweets 650 likes

Think we will be led down a lot of garden paths.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
The guy is followed by many journos neil custis, pilib de brun, James robson, stuart mathieson etc. Suppose to be working at united in some capacity?

Loon

:lol:
If the deal with Arsenal is dependent on Mkhitaryan going the other way, and the suggestion is he doesn’t want to leave, what are Chelsea going to do to close their deal?

BarstoolProphet

The guy is followed by many journos neil custis, pilib de brun, James robson, stuart mathieson etc. Suppose to be working at united in some capacity?
Almost done and dusted. So not done and dusted then. Like what everyone are saying.

alsabi

To be fair, Mkhitaryan was at his best in the Europa League last season, could he do it again this year?

MUFC OK

Does seem to point towards miki being crucial in this deal. Wenger would probably only do the deal on this condition, as dont think he's in a hurry to do business with Utd/Jose. We might now be looking at miki to dortmund and aubamayang to Arsenal which could take a long time. I've had enough of this already..

Jacko21

how are you surmising/quantifying that?
I just look at the situations with Schweinsteiger, Valdes, Rafael, Kagawa, Di Maria, Mkhi and think they could've been handled better. Better, that's all.

But it's perhaps just a result of having three managers in four years and the upheaval that comes with that. Whereas that obviously wasn't the case with SAF.

cheeky_backheel

So, on one hand you say it’s not worth it in the long-term and you want younger players for the future, in the next breath you suggest you only want immediate short term signings?
I did not suggest short term signings.

I am simply not a fan of January signings unless the can help with the current season. There are usually better opportunities for signings in the summer.

In simpler terms, I would rather add a younger player like Dybala who can immediately improve the team substantially while still offering 5-10yrs of service.

MadMike

Considering what a small percent of revenue ticket sales are, quite a while.
Pretty much. The entire growth has come from selling the product to new and expanding markets in Asia and America, which increased both TV rights deals and marketing revenue extracted from sponsors. The UK market has been saturated for quite a while. It certainly didn't provide any significant growth over the last decade to be the real cause of this near tripling of transfer fees and salaries we've witnessed.

Anduin

If the deal with Arsenal is dependent on Mkhitaryan going the other way, and the suggestion is he doesn’t want to leave, what are Chelsea going to do to close their deal?
Exactly. That's why I'm convinced the 'Chelsea interest' is simply not true and fabricated. Arsenal want a replacement for Alexis, and right now it seems their only viable options are Malcom and Mkhitaryan. I very much doubt Arsenal are interested in money only, or else Alexis would already be an United or City player.

Loon

:lol:
I don’t understand the butthurt about Sanchez going back on an agreement. Roy Keane famously did it and, as far as Ballbag is concerned, what of all those Madrid/Barca cross transfers?

The strongest link I’ve seen so far this transfer window is Guillem Balague’s tongue and Pep Guardiola’s anus.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Even followed by DHL, ManUtd official sponsors, Paddy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete nobody. People getting desperate now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don’t understand the butthurt about Sanchez going back on an agreement. Roy Keane famously did it and, as far as Ballbag is concerned, what of all those Madrid/Barca cross transfers?

The strongest link I’ve seen so far this transfer window is Guillem Balague’s tongue and Pep Guardiola’s anus.
Which would make it quite funny if Neymar actually did roll up at Real Madrid.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Jesus I know you Brits are bad with foreign languages, but that's some next level shite.

"The transfer of Henrikh to Arsenal is done! Alexis Sanchez goes to Manchester United."
You didn't translate the emoji's so I'm calling bullshit.

pacifictheme

Jesus I know you Brits are bad with foreign languages, but that's some next level shite.

"The transfer of Henrikh to Arsenal is done! Alexis Sanchez goes to Manchester United."
Makes sense for one person to do it doesn't it. Especially since they obviously know what it means.

We're no worse than any other english speaking country.

cheeky_backheel

A 29 year old Sanchez would be too old to contribute but 19 year old Pulisic who is not ready would be a good choice?
It makes no sense.
Firstly, didnt say Sanchez wont contribute (as he is currently better than what we have) but that it wasnt worth it long term imo.

Pulisic is 19 but has been developing quite well and is currently a core player for Dortmund. He offers the kind of creativity in the final third that we often lack and can contribute to a championship run next season. For the right price, he is worth the gamble imo.

Jacko21

Not sure how it's relevant to this case. No evidence that we're forcing anything on Mkhi - He was barely making the matchday squads as things were. He had ample opportunity to prove himself especially this season - He's failed to live up to the expectations.

It's sad that it didn't work out. He had some valuable contributions last year in Europe which shouldn't be disregarded but on the whole he's been hugely disappointing. His attitude this season has been very questionable - His head seemed to drop and with it his work-rate. He couldn't have complained if he was transfer listed the evening of the Chelsea game.
There is an element of us forcing this on Mkhi, because ordinarily he would not be choosing to go to Arsenal. We're leaning on him in the hope he can make our signing of Sanchez easier. By all accounts, United have thrown Mkhi into the deal, without first convincing/consulting the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.