Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needham

I do understand this is a United forum and I get that we've paid some loony tune figures (transfers, agents & wages) since we got the Arab money, but we do seem to have made a concerted effort on wages in recent years and we've stuck to our guns (in purely relative terms) more recently.

It's not so much about players like KDB asking for more on their current contracts but more because we are currently renegotiating several key contracts including KDB. From memory, we are currently dealing with Jesus, Sterling, Silva, Ederson, Fernandhno & Sane, although again from memory, a couple of those have now been finalised

If you were KDB's agent, currently haggling over the wages on his new contract and saw we had just signed Sanchez on 300-350k per week, you aren't going to settle for anything less than £400k per week for KDB. The other slightly lesser players in the middle of renegotiations then ask for say 250 or 300 instead of the 150 or 200 they are offered.

This is probably the worse possible time for us to sign a new player on record breaking wages, especially given that whilst he's very very good, he's not 4th best player in the world good and I'm not even sure he'd be 4th best player at City. That's not sour grapes over not getting him - obviously I'd be delighted and he's a world class player. But not worth the risk of the upset he would cause given our position right now.
After you win the league and whatever else don't kid yourself. De Btuyne etc will look around at players in teams who finished below them who are earning more than they are and their agents will ask, what gives? Sanchez's wages at United could still effect negotiations at City. You'd have been better off biting the bullet sooner.

Womp

idiot
Its not. And what if that club isnt Arsenal, what if he wants to go to Italy Inter, Milan etc. All this fake concern coming from people regarding his minutes is just laughable.
It really is, though? He was constantly played through is bad form, now he's lucky to be on the bench. Lingard is our first choice there and Mata is getting more minutes than him now too. Also if that club isn't Arsenal that's fine, but if rumours are to be believed it's because he sees Arsenal as beneath him. Given his form, he isn't going to get a bigger team than that tbf.

£350,000 per week. The game has gone mad at the elite level, and you have to wonder where it will end. How long before the average price of a match ticket in the Premier League is £100?

red thru&thru

Never been a problem? Not on a personal level but his football especially this term has caused us lots of problems. His career is done here barring a miracle. We need a replacement and there isn't much room for sentiment but certainly he should not be bullied out of the club no matter how shit his football has been. But the longer he sits on the bench (if he is lucky) for us the more likely he ends up at a poor club next season for knock down wages. Arsenal is a great move for him.
Yes, he's never been a problem. if you want to talk about his on the field contributions, there've been plenty of positives...none more than the Europa league final. Irrespective of his performances, he's one of our own, we should be supporting him/not throwing negative comments about him. Our shocking fans never learn.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Am I missing something with that Raiola tweet? What's so promising about it?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can we all please get a Grip.

If we don't get Sanchez then so what. There's plenty more fish in the sea. We're Man Utd ffs stop acting small time by dying over him and in the process destroying a United player, Miki!

I would love this swap to go through as much as anyone but If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Be careful what you wish for.

Most have had a solid grip of their member throughout this thread, they are just waiting for that one Di Marzio tweet to unleash.

redshaw

We all want to get Sanchez and get rid of Mkhi but blaming Mkhi for not wanting to go to Arsenal is ridiculous. Why would he want to go here? Wage cut, a complete mess, the only 2 quality players are leaving either now or in summer...
Feel the same. Arsenal could be out of top 4 for a while. Doesn't feel right to bring Mkhitaryan over from Germany then try to palm him off to Arsenal.

If Mkhi wants to go to Arsenal then fair enough, perhaps he can change their fortunes but I'd have thought back to Dortmund or wherever he likes would be best at the end of the season.

Thanks for the Europa memories Mkhitaryan.

sosolid4u09

Be careful what you wish for.

Most have had a solid grip of their member throughout this thread, they are just waiting for that one Di Marzio tweet to unleash.
Good Point
I'd just like to add that I can't be responsible for any damaged penises as a result of said penises being gripped too tightly as per my out of context comment

ScarleyUtd

Ferguson always hailed United's pastoral care as a totem for how the club is run. Feels like we've lost some of that since his retirement.
Ferguson was pastoral as long as you were doing a job for him. If you weren't, he wasn't.

Jacko21

Utter rubbish , can you prove this.
Schweinsteiger, Valdes, Rafael, Hernandez, Kagawa, Di Maria, Mkhi as examples - there is/was a ruthlessness about the way United allowed the incumbent manager to treat said players. I'm not saying United should blindly support players, but rather do more to prevent such situations arising and generally be be better at how we handle the arrival and departure of players.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Just our general treatment of players and staff since SAF retired has largely been poor.
Not sure how it's relevant to this case. No evidence that we're forcing anything on Mkhi - He was barely making the matchday squads as things were. He had ample opportunity to prove himself especially this season - He's failed to live up to the expectations.

It's sad that it didn't work out. He had some valuable contributions last year in Europe which shouldn't be disregarded but on the whole he's been hugely disappointing. His attitude this season has been very questionable - His head seemed to drop and with it his work-rate. He couldn't have complained if he was transfer listed the evening of the Chelsea game.

cheeky_backheel

I'd take Sanchez over Ozil anyday. Sanchez is one of those players who's able to win games by himself.
We badly need such player, Martial and Rashford are still hot and cold.
Lukaku is more of a target man than a flair player.
I doubt Ibra will stay here next season.

Adding ozil is like adding a better version of Mata to the squad, which is never the priority. Pogba can also play in his position. Mata and Herrera too.

Even Perisic will improve the squad massively imo, let alone Alexis fecking Sanchez. We need a proper winger. And if We sign Sanchez this window, Jose will be able to shift his priority elsewhere (e.g Full backs). It's not like Sanchez is 34 or something.

So this move is also for next season. I don't know why you think it isn't.
When you invest in a target man like Lukaku, then it is only sensible that you add one or more players that can create opportunities and supply him often enough to get the best out of him. The reliance on Pogba for creativity has been obvious and Mata is not of the desired caliber. As for Herrera - WTF? Thus you need more of an Ozil than a Sanchez and adding such creativity should be a priority.

Next season, Sanchez will be 30 while Martial and Rashford would have developed further after another season. Statistically, Sanchez would have declined while Martial and Rashford would have improved which would make the gap between Sanchez and the latter less i.e.the returns starts to diminish

Status
Not open for further replies.