Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Manchester will of course pay extra compensation to Arsenal, not yet tarot to communicate to you

jontheblue

Supports
MCFC
Saying Manchester City have a wage structure is like saying a hurricane has boundaries.
I do understand this is a United forum and I get that we've paid some loony tune figures (transfers, agents & wages) since we got the Arab money, but we do seem to have made a concerted effort on wages in recent years and we've stuck to our guns (in purely relative terms) more recently.

It's not so much about players like KDB asking for more on their current contracts but more because we are currently renegotiating several key contracts including KDB. From memory, we are currently dealing with Jesus, Sterling, Silva, Ederson, Fernandhno & Sane, although again from memory, a couple of those have now been finalised

If you were KDB's agent, currently haggling over the wages on his new contract and saw we had just signed Sanchez on 300-350k per week, you aren't going to settle for anything less than £400k per week for KDB. The other slightly lesser players in the middle of renegotiations then ask for say 250 or 300 instead of the 150 or 200 they are offered.

This is probably the worse possible time for us to sign a new player on record breaking wages, especially given that whilst he's very very good, he's not 4th best player in the world good and I'm not even sure he'd be 4th best player at City. That's not sour grapes over not getting him - obviously I'd be delighted and he's a world class player. But not worth the risk of the upset he would cause given our position right now.

OverratedOpinion

Can we all please get a Grip.

If we don't get Sanchez then so what. There's plenty more fish in the sea. We're Man Utd ffs stop acting small time by dying over him and in the process destroying a United player, Miki!

I would love this swap to go through as much as anyone but If it doesn't, it doesn't.
I think it feels more important due to it being January. It's so hard to sign a player who can genuinely improve you in Jan, let alone someone as good as Sanchez.

It's perfect timing to push us on as well.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
We all want to get Sanchez and get rid of Mkhi but blaming Mkhi for not wanting to go to Arsenal is ridiculous. Why would he want to go here? Wage cut, a complete mess, the only 2 quality players are leaving either now or in summer...
I would never blame him for not wanting to play Arsenal. But I think we can certainly blame him for not looking like he wants to play for us either.

His last 10 games or so have hardly been inspiring. I imagine this is about money and nothing else.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm DMing Duncan now, hopefully my previous asslicking will give me answers :lol:

deafepl

Why are most of your posts so negative? Chelsea can pay his wages, he wants to stay in London, Chelsea can easily pay his agent and he is not worth 400k?

The figure quoted is anyway 350k something which we gave Zlatan last season and almost the same we dished out on Rooney. Don't fall for media propaganda.
Chelsea's policy in the transfer window, they don't want a player who is entering into the 30s because they have no resold value and won't be paying Sanchez 350k and only they're in for him because the media thought City think Chelsea rivalling United for him or continue saga so they can sell a lot of stories they need to make up, to keep story alive..

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Looks like Raiola is doing these statements to create panic. He is known to throw chairs and all and get best packages for his clients.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If Miki really doesn't want to go, can't we just pay them more?
The fact that we can and want spend big money on sanchez doesn't mean that we want to do that irrationally. We obviously can't sell him now to other club and if alexis comes , he is not needed at all. So we are stuck with player who is worth 20-25 mil and on huge wage.
We also maybe gave arsenal discount on miki and they know that they can't get better player for that money.

Marcelinho87

I'm not really bothered if we get Sanchez or not at this point. Even if he's a success for us he's a short term solution. And a hugely expensive one. Yes we could use him but there's always other options.
Imagine had we not signed RVP due to this way of thinking eh?

I would rather have short term success than none at all.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Given what we’ve done for Raiola in recent years I can see him looking out for us in this. We’ll be dealing with him quite a bit going forward.

WPMUFC

I'm not going to say anything about Mkhi personally, but if we have to pay some of his wage to help get sanchez, then i have no issue with that.

I won't bag him out if he stays, he has every right to, he has a contract. However, I think it is best if a transfer goes through.

izec

The way some of you talk about Mkhi is pretty low. You are all entitled to your opinions, but i for one wouldnt push a player out of here or absue him casually.

The transfer wont fail because of Mkhi anyway, it will just accelerate or extend it.

sosolid4u09

If we don't get Sanchez then so what. There's plenty more fish in the sea. We're Man Utd ffs stop acting small time by dying over him and in the process destroying a United player, Miki!

I would love this swap to go through as much as anyone but If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Nick.

There's only one solution to make the deal. You already know what it is. Question is, do you have the strength of character to make it happen, Mourinho?

idmanager

I love this time of the year with more tweets per minute than when Lukaku scores against a top 6 club.
Good job caftards with the updates for us non twitter noobs.

sosolid4u09

I think it feels more important due to it being January. It's so hard to sign a player who can genuinely improve you in Jan, let alone someone as good as Sanchez.

It's perfect timing to push us on as well.
It is perfect timing. Absolutely. He is perfect for us.
But if it doesn't happen we'll move on. No need for the Miki abuse on here

dove

I would never blame him for not wanting to play Arsenal. But I think we can certainly blame him for not looking like he wants to play for us either.

His last 10 games or so have hardly been inspiring. I imagine this is about money and nothing else.
Yeah I completely get it, he has been pretty underwhelming to say the least and probably one of the biggest flops in recent years. I think he will go to Arsenal anyway, Raiola will push for a move as it means a payday for him :D

Rockets Redglare

The way some of you talk about Mkhi is pretty low. You are all entitled to your opinions, but i for one wouldnt push a player out of here or absue him casually.

The transfer wont fail because of Mkhi anyway, it will just accelerate or extend it.
So you’d happily keep a player who doesn’t perform for us and who the manager doesn't want?
I think we all expected great things from Mkhi when we signed him but unfortunately it hasn’t worked out. It’s a shame but that’s football and he won’t get any further opportunities here.

Icemav

Maybe his experience with us has put him off life in England and the PL. Maybe he wants a move abroad.

On paper it looks a perfect move for him and he would probably do well at Arsenal but upping sticks and moving somewhere new when you are probably not that keen can't be a good feeling.
Sudden unexpected change can be very unnerving. I don't envy him. But personally I didn't envy his situation within the club..... all signs suggest its over for him here. I know he is very mentally fragile so perhaps nothing looks particularly attractive at the moment. If he moves to Arsenal he needs to perform, big pressure.

The other thing is personal terms. He earns a very good wage here and would Arsenal match it? Thinking out loud we could propose a loan deal to plug the gap in their squad until the end of the season, and share his wages. That actually might be the best scenario for everybody.

The Bloody-Nine

So you’d happily keep a player who doesn’t perform for us and who the manager doesn't want?
I think we all expected great things from Mkhi when we signed him but unfortunately it hasn’t worked out. It’s a shame but that’s football and he won’t get any further opportunities here.
How do you know?

izec

It is not about if he stays or goes, just the way some speak of him or the language used.

You can sack someone in a respectable way or you can do it like an asshole

red thru&thru

I'd love to get Sanchez. I can't wait.

However, the United fans rushing Mikhi out is quite cringe worthy. We all know he's not been consistent, however, he's never been a problem. Not what we hear of Sanchez. We should show Mikhi some respect.

WPMUFC

I have no issue if he stays, he has every right to under his contract. However, my hope is that the club are offering every sweetner to mhki to grease the wheels for a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.