Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatattack

Don't you all know that Mkhi is obliged to sign for Arsenal, just because Wenger needs him and United need Sanchez? How dare he, a player who was transferred by United and is on a long-term contract, think about his own interests instead of submitting to Wenger's will?
Maybe he could show he gives a shit about his contract on the pitch as well as at the negociating table.

Djemba-Djemba

I can't blame Mkhitaryan for being reluctant to move to Arsenal because they aren't the most desirable club to be at right now. They're a shambles really.

However he must see the writing on the wall here at Utd, for whatever reason he's not good enough here and it clearly isn't going to work out. I actually think Arsenal would suit him much more than Utd, Wenger will indulge him and there is less pressure to win there.

I can't see many other "big" clubs being that interested in him.

MadMike

Mkhi would be a moron to let this opportunity slip. He'd be at the perfect club for him.
If Welbeck has managed to last 4 years there despite doing feck all and with minimal criticism, then Mkhi will be absolutely fine. He'll have 0 pressure.

I do agree with City and Pep in one sense though, he's never worth 400k a week at all (if true, sounds well over the top)
Rumour is £350k pw. Which is what we paid Zlatan last year anyway (not sure about this year's contract). So I think it's spot on especially if you consider that the salary is inflated because the player comes at a very low cost due to expiring contract. You no longer get in-demand players cheaper when their contracts expire. You just pay them more rather than the club, but the deal ends up costing about the same.

350k pw over 3 years is about £55m. Add £30m to Arsenal and £5m for the agent on top, and you have £90m total cost for including fees and salaries. Or £30m per season. For example, Barca paid €150m for Coutinho for a 5-year contract which is €30m per season before we even take salaries into account. And he will be on €200k pw at least since he was earning £150k pw at Liverpool.

CA1

Arsenal are just a scattergun of chaos. We seemed like that under Van Gaal with our signings and the whole De Gea saga.

Arsenal are busy. Walcott, Sanchez out. Need to sort out Ozil and Wilshere futures with urgency. They've got cobbled together contigencies like Mkhi, Aubameyang, Malcom etc waiting in the pipeline. And they're waiting for all the cards to fall.

I think we'll get our man, but it may not be as quick as some people like. Arsenal will be waiting for nods from other signing, not just Mkhi (who by the way, I think will want a pay off sometime. People slag off Raiola but he fights for his clients and won't be taken for a mug)

salford_

This saga is supposed to be about Arsenal needing a replacement for Alex7s. Everyone seems to think that player is Mick the Tarman, so who are the alternatives from Chelsea or Liverpool if they are apparently interested?
Mad as it sounds I could see Chelsea offering Willian. Liverpool.. hmmm not sure. Lallana?

OverratedOpinion

Give us some bullsh+t headlines and we'll assess your compatibility....
Pep's Dirty Sanchez

We try to understand how any so called footballer could have the audacity to spurn Saint Guardiola's warm and loving embrace for Jose's filthy, filthy cash.

We caught up with respected colleague and Spanish football expert Guillem Balague who's sources inside City have managed to obtain an insight into Kevin De Bruyne's thoughts on the prospective transfer. "Say what!" Was the Belgian playmaker's confused and excited take on the rumours.

We have also invited Guardiola to comment but have been told to expect a delay in response as he is understandably preoccupied. Training has been incredibly intense as the soon to be league champions and champions in our hearts look to bounce back from their heroic defeat last time out.

Adding to this delay is the news that Pep has yet to leave his office this week, one insider informed us that he has made a pillow fort under his desk and has eaten nothing but toblerone for days. He is taking regular breaks from his healthy snack to mutter expletives directed at the country of Chile or to exclaim his gratitude that all 10 seasons of US Sitcom “Friends" is now available on Netflix.

This is of course totally normal behaviour for any jilted lover and a far more dignified way of dealing with things than say poking someone in the eye or saying mean things about a doctor.

Mes que un man.

Nick.

That would be absolutely pathetic
I’m sure that would go down just swimmingly with the rest of the squad.
Ummm. No time for that, even if that were accepted to be the right option (and I don’t accept it to be...). The decision has to be made soon!
Get a grip.
That is the worst possible way to deal with this situation. You can't punish a player for wanting to stay and fight.
I reckon he should just beat him up.
This is why none of you could be top managers. You lack the conviction to make things happen. I don't.

sosolid4u09

Mkhi was dropped out of the squad for over a month and only brought back when we hit the Christmas fixtures. The lad is finished here everybody knows it. He doesn't fit in Mourinho's plans but Arsenal is a good fit for him plus they're potentially bringing in Malcom and Auba too so it's not like he's going to be playing alongside joke players there. Arsenal is his standard right now.
Agree with every word you just said.
but the abuse hes been getting here is shocking. and it's not just people being surprised he's not signing for Arsenal.

Zlatattack

Hate for Mickhi here is ott.
I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek. I for one don't really think Jose should beat him up in the car park, despite posting that a few moments ago.

He's only got himself to blame. He's been getting plenty of chances, been paid top wages, had 18 months here now and only seems to impose himself in 1 game in 4 or 5. He wants meant to be our playmaker. He's not lived up to expectations. If we get a chance to get rid of him AND replace him with a player who has been sensational in our league - people aren't going to get emotional about it.

sosolid4u09

Mourinho must freeze out Mkhitaryan and take his locker away from him. Make him train with the reserves. Give him the Schweinsteiger treatment. Force him out at any and all costs to push this deal through.
wow. classy

Nick7

Mourinho must freeze out Mkhitaryan and take his locker away from him. Make him train with the reserves. Give him the Schweinsteiger treatment. Force him out at any and all costs to push this deal through.
I'm ashamed to share a close username with you.

Rockets Redglare

I can't blame Mkhitaryan for being reluctant to move to Arsenal because they aren't the most desirable club to be at right now. They're a shambles really.

However he must see the writing on the wall here at Utd, for whatever reason he's not good enough here and it clearly isn't going to work out. I actually think Arsenal would suit him much more than Utd, Wenger will indulge him and there is less pressure to win there.

I can't see many other "big" clubs being that interested in him.
I’d rather play every week for Arsenal than not even make the bench for United though. Like you say his style of play suits them a lot more than ours and he doesn’t get on with Jose.

sosolid4u09

Can we all please get a Grip.

If we don't get Sanchez then so what. There's plenty more fish in the sea. We're Man Utd ffs stop acting small time by dying over him and in the process destroying a United player, Miki!

I would love this swap to go through as much as anyone but If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
This is why none of you could be top managers. You lack the conviction to make things happen. I don't.
Obviously.

Probably why you have won countless trophies managing at the highest level. We’re not qualified for such debate. Sincere apologies.

dove

We all want to get Sanchez and get rid of Mkhi but blaming Mkhi for not wanting to go to Arsenal is ridiculous. Why would he want to go here? Wage cut, a complete mess, the only 2 quality players are leaving either now or in summer...

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm not really bothered if we get Sanchez or not at this point. Even if he's a success for us he's a short term solution. And a hugely expensive one. Yes we could use him but there's always other options.
Yeah, man, just another Van Persie type signing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.