Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Right I'm proper buzzing for this now.

(I don't usually talk like this, but... c'mon... it's Alexis Sanchez!)

The Purley King

Liked Mkhi but he always had the demeanor of a beagle that had taken a dump in the living room while you were out and was waiting to be rumbled. Sanchez, on the other hand, is like the Boston Terrier that doesn't mind squaring up to Rottweilers.
That is a great description of him. Looked so downtrodden all the time.

edgar allan

Its amazing isn't it? A figure based on guesswork and unprecedented accounting gymnastics where they add his wages to the transfer price and image rights (as if they knew what that involved).

You would literally have to be hiding under the negotiating table to be privy to that kind of detail because sure as feck the club hierarchy are not on speaker phone to these BS merchants.
That is true, but in the big scheme of things who gives a shit what the press say.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Sold us RVP

Sold us Sanchez

And completely owned Chelsea and city From one comment.

If Arsene does end up getting sacked by Arsenal then we should offer him a job doing anything just for that comment alone. What a legend.

Infra-red

Yeah, but I meant the technicalities. In some countries, when one person jumps one job to another in the same foreign country, they have to re-apply for the permit all over again. I wasn't sure how it works in England.
No such problem here. The Football Association will be the sponsor for his Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa, so there's need to reapply for the Visa when he moves clubs.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
You know what? Fair play to Wenger today, he praised Utd's management on both board and pitch. I did not expect that from him. He said he respects Man Utd cause they generate their own income, which I think was a dig to Man City's dirty oil state money. Fair play to him.

As for all the money that I hear we are going to pay blah, blah, blah....I don't believe a single word until this is announced officially, and it never really does.

I don't think that Woody or the Glazers or even Jose are that stupid. We are not signing Neymar ffs, we are signing Sanchez.

Reactions: jojojo

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Hard to even dislike Wenger anymore considering Arsenal aren't a threat anymore and the poor old fecker seems to be universally disliked by his own fans. Feels cruel sticking the boot in any further.

It was always their fans that I had the problem with anyway.

Anduin

Surely no one beleives United are seriously going to be paying Sanchez 500k a week ?
Probably not too far off if the signing on fee is included, which it usually is as it's spread over the length of the contract. Who cares though, we're basically getting him on a free, so this deal looks well worth it and the media can feck off.

EyeInTheSky

I don't think so. Rather a reflection of Mkhitaryan's comment 'I like their attacking play and fast style.'

Maybe to reassure those Arsenal fans who think the team is getting someone who really doesn't want to be there.
Don't tell Mkhi this but back then Arsenal were fast and attacking now they have far less quality and speed to play like they used to. They try playing the same style but with inferior players.

Norris

No such problem here. The Football Association will be the sponsor for his Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa, so there's need to reapply for the Visa when he moves clubs.
Aah. Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated. :drool:

WPMUFC

Surely for wenger to speak so freely about Mkhi and Sanchez, this could be officially confirmed today?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ah intit nice, we're Arsene's mates.

He might find us a bit less palatable when it turns out we're taking Ozil on a free tho eh what?

idmanager

Disappointed no adidas or united online stores removal or addition of jerseys cropped up this time.

Infra-red

His sponsor is changing so United would need to apply for a new Tier 2 visa for him, for the length of his contract.
The relevent governing body is the sponsor for Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visas. In this case, that means the Football Association.

GM K

On Sanchez potentially getting £500,00-a-week at United
“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”

Reading that, I was almost actually getting to like Wenger.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Sold us RVP

Sold us Sanchez

And completely owned Chelsea and city From one comment.

If Arsene does end up getting sacked by Arsenal then we should offer him a job doing anything just for that comment alone. What a legend.
Build him a statue next to Sir Alex.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why didn't any of the journos ask Wenger what they thought of Sanchez's new haircut? Lazy bastards.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Wenger has confirmed as much as he can confirmed without officially confirming it. I think its contract is being written and until signed, he cant say its done. Should be confirmed soon enough.

GM K

He has shot up in my estimation. Giving us RVP, Sanchez and taking Silvestre, Welbeck and now Mkhitaryan off our hands.

MR Wenger, you are a scholar and a gentlemen sir!

At the rate Monsieur Wenger is going, I might actually start advocating for a statue or stand for him at Old Trafford.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Loving this new Wenger. Tactically inept, destroying refs, selling his best players to us, buying our deadwood, taking digs at our rivals :drool:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
I do love how the narrative in the press for us getting a player for free is now that we're spending £180m :lol:
Cough up a nice round £200m if we can get more of this salt from clubs, fans and journalists tbh.

They expected us to fade in to obscurity, we're showing that it's not going to happen, and they don't like it.

A9X SJ

Gutted it's not worked out for Mkhitaryan our football style just hasn't suited his game.

Sanchez on the other hand is in the next level below Messi & Ronaldo so that's bonus, He will be able to teach Martial, Lingard & Rashford a few things

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Loving this new Wenger. Tactically inept, destroying refs, selling his best players to us, buying our deadwood, taking digs at our rivals :drool:
:lol: Yes. Although Mkhi is not deadwood. Can come good at Arsenal.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Reading that, I was almost actually getting to like Wenger.

I actually always liked him, he is a likable fella and his teams have played some fantastic football in the past. Some of his antics have pissed me off in the past, but nobody is perfect.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Director of Football is vacant..!! :lol:

Greck

People are way too triggered by what journos are saying. Hadn't even heard of 90% of these names before.

After pushing the Sanchez wants to play for Pep angle for months, they now have to paint his joining us as some sort of moral aberration to claw back lost credibility

Status
Not open for further replies.