Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of Solskjaer

To people worried about the contract length:

Sanchez is a huge name in football. If his legs go and he can no longer do it in the Prem, there will be dozens of takers for him in the MLS, China and so on. Will be easily shifted, if necessary.

Zoo

Wenger's comments put the journalists in a difficult place. They normally hang off every word he says but this time it's to do with their precious Manchester City.

Baxter

He's a piece of shit, end of.

For him to state that Sanchez is part of the Mkhitaryan deal and not the other way around just shows what planet this guy is on.

Pogba aside, hope we stay away from his clients from now on (also hoping Zlatan isn't offered reduced terms) Our transfer business has for too long since Fergie left been dictated to by agents and not by good scouting. Hope Ribalta changes that.
He’s doing his job. Why would he give a feck about Sanchez? He’s getting the best deal for Mkhi.

He might be greedy wanker, but his clients must love him.

Norris

If this thread is nearing 400 pages in a week,How long was the Pogba transfer thread?

Did it cross 1000 pages??
Yes, but it was a lot of spamming to be honest. Mods probably had a torrid time cleaning it every few days.

AgentP

It's as good as done now. With Sanchez, we have that one player with the X factor who can break down teams on his own.

NotQuiteManc

"Sanchez moving for money? "No, they are professional. I have no trouble with Alexis Sanchez's attitude. He trained with us yesterday and was fully committed. He is 29, the next contract will be important for him"

- Wenger
Pep or Money?

Norris

Btw, No one answered my Work Permit Question.:devil: How does it work for a Non EU player who already has a WP to play in England?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Liked Mkhi but he always had the demeanor of a beagle that had taken a dump in the living room while you were out and was waiting to be rumbled. Sanchez, on the other hand, is like the Boston Terrier that doesn't mind squaring up to Rottweilers.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's a piece of shit, end of.

For him to state that Sanchez is part of the Mkhitaryan deal and not the other way around just shows what planet this guy is on.

Pogba aside, hope we stay away from his clients from now on (also hoping Zlatan isn't offered reduced terms) Our transfer business has for too long since Fergie left been dictated to by agents and not by good scouting. Hope Ribalta changes that.
Who do you think Raiola works for exactly?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Have Wenger and Mourinho buried the hatchet? He's being surprisingly complementary. Good man that Wenger when all is said and done.

Jacko21

Let's see if that comment from Wenger on resources makes the headlines, or the journalists with a bias, choose to ignore it.

Member 90887

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t have any effect on anyone. Let the opposition fans and media bitch and moan all they like.

Remember when Moyes and Van Gaal were managing us and everything was going wrong and all of a sudden opposition fans and the media softened to us and were quick to defend our managers while they made obvious mistakes?

Awful times.

I remember when I hated Arsenal and Wenger with a passion. Now I’m soft on them both.

I’d hate for it to be us to be back in that position.

We’ve got a squad that is, in my opinion, two key signings and 6 months of development away from being League and Champions League contenders and that’s the reason for all the recent Salt.
Exactly, remember the Martial transfert, the Di maria Transfert, Rooney's Salary, Pogba's fee and so on. they talked a lot and a couple of months afterwards nothing.

It'll be the same here, they're moaning and writing this BS because they wanted him to go to city, the football loving team with their messiah and mainly because content about united strikes controversies and generates clicks.

Personally, i don't even care what we pay him, nobody talks about the money spent on salaries at Madrid and Barcelona. when you want the best players, you pay what you have to. city did that for years with the billions they spent.

And plus: we swapped a player that's valued at 30M with one that has a value of over 70/80M. i don't care about the contract length. in the end, we'll have a world class player in exchange of a good one.

Let the haters hate.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
450,000 :wenger:
Interesting that the Times is claiming the package City offered Sanchez was actually higher than what we offered.

Just more proof that City got rejected and are now trying to claim it was 'Pep or money.' :lol:

settembrini

Not being funny, but, on a 4 1/2 year deal, he will be 34 by the end of it. Seems a bit of a risk, considering how many players fall off a cliff around 32/33.
It is a risk but one worth taking given his quality and the fact all we are paying in a transfer fee is a similarly aged player who contributes almost nothing atm.

If he declines badly in his early 30s then we will just have to force him out like we did with Rooney, RvP, Schweinsteiger... there's always someone willing to buy a former superstar.

Norris

Not much different to any transfer thread then :angel:
Yeah, but that was a proper roller coaster for people who invested time in it. This was a lot more straightforward. Rubbish and biased Journos were immediately dismissed. Neither Club or Manager categorically denied it. Was a much more enjoyable experience. :)

kotha

He said Sanchez trained well yesterday.. Does that mean he isn't in training today?!

It's on lads!! Today is the day!!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

tony54

I'm thrilled that he is going to play for us, just think what 20 to 30 goals a season can do for us.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
On Sanchez potentially getting £500,00-a-week at United
“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”
Headline: Wenger's dig at Manchester City and Chelsea; They haven't earned their money.

Norris

Headline: Wenger's dig at Manchester City and Chelsea; They haven't earned their money.
Unfortunately, English media will choose to ignore this not so subtle dig. The focus will still be on the 180m we are forking out.

podurban2

Wenger also said it's likely to happen but until it's over the line there is always a doubt.

He said Mkhitaryan is coming if transfer happens and he likes the player.
He would never say that if it wasn’t happening.

moxdevil

Btw, No one answered my Work Permit Question.:devil: How does it work for a Non EU player who already has a WP to play in England?
His sponsor is changing so United would need to apply for a new Tier 2 visa for him, for the length of his contract.

edgar allan

Right, after a few weeks of resisting I am now officially excited.
It is a great bit of business, a great shot in the arm.
Surely now we are bound to take teams on!

Norris

How does what work? You've answered your own question. He already has a work permit.
Yeah, but I meant the technicalities. In some countries, when one person jumps one job to another in the same foreign country, they have to re-apply for the permit all over again. I wasn't sure how it works in England.

EyeInTheSky

That lie about AS getting 500k a week is already taking roots.
Its amazing isn't it? A figure based on guesswork and unprecedented accounting gymnastics where they add his wages to the transfer price and image rights (as if they knew what that involved).

You would literally have to be hiding under the negotiating table to be privy to that kind of detail because sure as feck the club hierarchy are not on speaker phone to these BS merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.