g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
On Sanchez potentially getting £500,00-a-week at United
“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”
Class comments. Respect Wenger.

Luciano Venturini

The Sun back page today, big gold shiny lettering "£505K", claiming Alexis will be on half a million a week. It's unbelievable how they create such lies but even more unbelievable that people will happily lap it up as gospel.

Sounds as if it's pretty much done now, exciting times. Hope he is in the squad Saturday.

kitress

Hope it's done today as it's just dragging on now and like wenger says, he will pick him on Saturday if he's still there
That should give a huge incentive for his agent to get it done. Can't imagine the abuse he'd face.

JohnnyKills

Wenger on reported wages that are being bandied around....

"
I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem.

I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay"
Fair play to him for saying that.

It says something when Arsene Wenger is more pro-United than practically any of the major journalists.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
thats mental, to think we where to be paying this guy that amount when he is 34..... he better be pretty fecking sensational for this kind of money

plus sets a dangerous precedent for next time we try to sign a player, how much is De Gea gonna want in these contract negotiations now.
De Gea is the highest paid GK in the world.

Market rate for keepers is much lower.

Although I wouldn't mind him getting a pay rise for a 6 year contract.

EyeInTheSky

When does NYSE open?

"

I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay"
lol, that is actually a fantastic point. Stings if you're a plastic financially dopped club.

Heinzesight

Makes me think that the reported figures might not be too far off then.
“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”
Top stuff from Wenger. He’s gone up a lot in my estimation with that comment. Showing City for what they really are.

Trizy

"

BOOM! Great dig at City & Chelsea. Good man Wenger, I always liked you :)

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Wow, so no transfer fee involved at all. I know it has been posted before but it's good to hear from the horse's mouth.

I know the wages are huge, but this is absolutely a steal by us. Brilliant by Ed and Jose
Sanchez and his agent will be paid handsomely. Micki was worth 25/30 Million so that's the transfer fee paid for Sanchez. Arsenal gets a player who they'll hope suits their system better.

We have hopefully a better player. I'm just concerned this transfer may effect Martial and Rashford.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Wow nice dig to city. Nice job arsene

vanderpants

I see the famous 24hr quote is appearing again, it's been the longest 48hrs since Sunday ;) At least wenger is open about the transfer, I take it if sanchez has agreed his side and mickys wages aren't a problem it's all down to the fat man's fees now? Like he hasn't made enough dough out of us over the past couple of years!

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Well said Wenger.

Snafu17

So it was 450k earlier in the morning and now it is potentially 500k. Because of course it is.

vanderpants

So according to the Telegraph, Sanchez will be the highest-paid player in the world, while if The Times are correct, he'll be the 4th highest-paid (behind Messi, Neymar & Lavezzi).
Just goes to show you how much some of the press actually know and how much is pure bull crap

TsuWave

I hate how image rights bonuses are being reported as if they were his basic salary :/

dude will be on £350K a week

Ban

Sanchez and his agent will be paid handsomely. Micki was worth 25/30 Million so that's the transfer fee paid for Sanchez. Arsenal gets a player who they'll hope suits their system better.

We have hopefully a better player. I'm just concerned this transfer may effect Martial and Rashford.
How? We need addition in attack and this is one hell of an addition.

kotha

Fair play by Wenger!!

How the City PR machine turned it around, saying we were the big bad immoral money guys ruining the sport I'll never know..

I hope Jose bans Ballbag from further access to United stuff..

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

The guy is class

Ainu

How has Wenger grown so soft towards United? Especially with Mourinho here, who he must absolutely loathe. It's nice to us and everything, but Arsenal fans must hate him speaking about us in those terms, especially after taking their star player twice in the last six years. It's just further evidence he has completely lost his competitive edge.

Red Devil Rising

This transfer can not happen without floating the idea first to Raiola. So if this transfer transpires, he needs to be commended, not slagged off.
He's a piece of shit, end of.

For him to state that Sanchez is part of the Mkhitaryan deal and not the other way around just shows what planet this guy is on.

Pogba aside, hope we stay away from his clients from now on (also hoping Zlatan isn't offered reduced terms) Our transfer business has for too long since Fergie left been dictated to by agents and not by good scouting. Hope Ribalta changes that.

Kapardin

Yep, always respected Wenger as well. For all his faults, he's a football man through and through, and a gent too.

Hope Jose doesn't rile him up too much anymore. They seem to be mending bridges now.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

"

Brilliant dig and City and the like Arsene :D you have definitely gone up in my estimation after that.

It's so so close now :drool::drool::drool:

Djemba-Djemba

They'll be adding up the cost of the food Sanchez eats at Carrington and the use of electricity to charge his phone next.

Anything to inflate the price.

salford_

I agree with the bluemooners that the wage is a little more than we'd imagined, but the bitterness over there is great. Go check it out.

"greedy cnut" "didnt want him anyway we have sterling" "as if sanchez is that good to earn 500k a week" its funny as hell, go back about 100-200 pages and they're desperately trying to convince themselves that he is great and they'd love him

Status
Not open for further replies.