Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rare for a journo to admit he doesn't know something. He's right, of course. No one outside of the club and the player will have the first clue what his wages are.
This is the thing, they never do but they'll chuck a few numbers out there and after a little while one just becomes accepted as fact. It's like when Lingard signed his new deal and people decided he's on £125k p/w, he almost certainly isn't but it's established now so that's it.

The press told us for years how Rooney was on £350k, then last week we were offering Sanchez that much and it was far and away the most we'd ever paid a player. Now the Sanchez wages have inflated 50%.

BarstoolProphet

This is the thing, they never do but they'll chuck a few numbers out there and after a little while one just becomes accepted as fact. It's like when Lingard signed his new deal and people decided he's on £125k p/w, he almost certainly isn't but it's established now so that's it.

The press told us for years how Rooney was on £350k, then last week we were offering Sanchez that much and it was far and away the most we'd ever paid a player. Now the Sanchez wages have inflated 50%.

Didn't they say Rooney was on £300k but court documents that listed the details in Rooney's contract put it around £220k + potential image rights?

The Bloody-Nine

All true. The only time you can say with confidence what a player earns is if you've seen their wage slip. And that doesn't happen.

Unless you're John Arne Riise. In which case your wage slip is posted on the internet. :lol:

stepic

Just say it's happening. Why have to make it sound so difficult. They wouldn't talk about Sanchez and specially Mkhitaryan if this isn't already 99.99% done. Which it is. It's done and that's it.
When does any manager ever confirm a signing at a press conference before it’s formerly done?

vanderpants

Hope it's done today as it's just dragging on now and like wenger says, he will pick him on Saturday if he's still there

EyeInTheSky

Sorry if this had already been posted, but this is getting ridiculous: :lol:

Man City's Alexis Sanchez stance can boost Pep Guardiola's glory mission

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-alexis-sanchez-arsenal-14167759
Please spare me from giving them a click but from the title can I assume that they are saying that they have "made a stance" on "moral grounds" which will increase PED Roidiolas divinity? All the while ignoring the herd of elephants in the room that they didn't get to buy yet another player for a huge sum?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Didn't they say Rooney was on £300k but court documents that listed the details in Rooney's contract put it around £220k + potential image rights?
That rings a bell.

All true. The only time you can say with confidence what a player earns is if you've seen their wage slip. And that doesn't happen.

Unless you're John Arne Riise. In which case your wage slip is posted on the internet. :lol:
:lol:

CM

A deal must be very close if Wenger is speaking so openly about it. Interesting too that he said wages aren't a problem with Mkhitaryan - that was supposedly holding up the deal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Or Tevez's cleaner and post that up too.

Renegade81

Wenger on reported wages that are being bandied around....

"
I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem.

I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay"

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Interesting too that he said wages aren't a problem with Mkhitaryan - that was supposedly holding up the deal.
Hope that's true after the dog's abuse he was getting on here.

Ángel Di María

On Sanchez potentially getting £500,00-a-week at United
“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”

kitress

He's been our cnut so much lately, I don't really feel any need to slag him off.
This transfer can not happen without floating the idea first to Raiola. So if this transfer transpires, he needs to be commended, not slagged off.

Infra-red

So according to the Telegraph, Sanchez will be the highest-paid player in the world, while if The Times are correct, he'll be the 4th highest-paid (behind Messi, Neymar & Lavezzi).

Norris

Tbf, if Wenger signs Micky, Auba and Evans, he's had a decent transfer window.
Agree. Mikhi and Auba trying to re-create their Dortmund days will be interesting. Evans will be a very good addition as well. Wonder what it does for Lacazette and Giroud though.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

"

I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay"
Fair play, a nice dig at City, Chelsea etc

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
So according to the Telegraph, Sanchez will be the highest-paid player in the world, while if The Times are correct, he'll be the 4th highest-paid (behind Messi, Neymar & Lavezzi).
I thought Ronaldo was on over £500k/week, obviously I'm wrong.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

"

Makes me think that the reported figures might not be too far off then.

MDFC Manager

“I do not want to comment on the numbers they offer to Sanchez. I respect Man United because they raise the money they pay to players with their own resources. It’s up to them how much they pay.

“United is a club very well managed financially so I don’t have any problem with what they pay.”
Good man Wenger.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Wenger having a dig at Abu Dhabi here..

Lemansky

That’s a classy response from Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.